Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Would You Rather

• Make Finals, intermittently. Maybe have a shot once in 10 years. (Freo)

Votes: 34 57.6%
  • Be Port of the last 12 years. Constant finals, never make a Grand Final

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • Just be Essendon.

Votes: 5 8.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I hope we get the phone-it-in-Eagles in the return derby. Could put 150 on them easy.

I think reality will hit Tigers fans soon as well with many still thinking they can turn it around quickly

Not going by their list management thread. Many think they are a couple of drafts off.

Neither are even ground zero given who does most of their heavy lifting.

is that true? nufties on the main board claiming they are losing because they have the youngest team

Can't expect people to do the bare minimum and look it up or recognise that having about 8 premiership players out there from 2018 might mean they are actually not young.

Not going by their list management thread. Many think they are a couple of drafts off.

Neither are even ground zero given who does most of their heavy lifting.
Yeah but they think it's the injuries holding them back. It will hit soon when the results don't improve

Yeah but they think it's the injuries holding them back. It will hit soon when the results don't improve
Seems that way then. West Coast aren't missing anyone of note anymore are they? Lynch is out for the Tigers but that dude will be lucky to play 30 more games total.

Bolton looked to be phoning it in. Trying to force the trade to us perhaps? Doesn't seem like the type to enjoy being **** for half a decade. Neither does Mr Back Page judging by his body language.

Seems that way then. West Coast aren't missing anyone of note anymore are they? Lynch is out for the Tigers but that dude will be lucky to play 30 more games total.

Bolton looked to be phoning it in. Trying to force the trade to us perhaps? Doesn't seem like the type to enjoy being **** for half a decade. Neither does Mr Back Page judging by his body language.
The West claims it's the best team they have fielded in years

The West claims it's the best team they have fielded in years
It was on paper for sure. I almost tipped them. Yeo can have a leave pass, but the rest of the senior players bar Gov and Barrass were putrid.

They don't actually have top end young talent of note. They have Harley and maybe Ginbey becomes something but he's not a heavy lifting type yet. So when 5-6 old blokes decide they DGAF in any given game, it all falls apart real quick.

If we turn up properly next time we'll win anyway, but I want this version so we can do them by 100+ again.

Jesus Christ.... this is giving me anxiety already. We should have put 150 on them last time.
We were flat and copped the perfect storm from multiple directions.
Our total km's from the AFL tracker was 260kms for the game. That is our lowest for 2024. We average 275kms.
The differential between us and them was -8kms ... again our worst for the season (next worse is -3kms).

JL's game plan is centred around run. When we are missing some of our runners we can look really bad.
We average a +2kms differential in 2024 and did 283 vs 277kms against Sydney this round.

I still don’t really understand what exactly happened in that game, and I don’t have the fortitude to watch a replay to figure it out. Can someone tell me exactly how they beat us so comprehensively?
We had come back from two tough games in Adelaide (and felt we were ripped off by the umpiring with the Blues) - the Carlton game was classified as our home game so it had been like a month since our last home game at Optus. Fredericks went down in the opening moments, so we had to activate a sub, and that seemed to throw the whole team off. Mentally we were exhausted and not there.

We had come back from two tough games in Adelaide (and felt we were ripped off by the umpiring with the Blues) - the Carlton game was classified as our home game so it had been like a month since our last home game at Optus. Fredericks went down in the opening moments, so we had to activate a sub, and that seemed to throw the whole team off. Mentally we were exhausted and not there.
Amiss got concussed very early.
Freddy did not play, injured and we were also missing Chappie and Switta ... and I agree with the point you were making about their recent games and trips.

Amiss got concussed very early.
Freddy did not play, injured and we were also missing Chappie and Switta ... and I agree with the point you were making about their recent games and trips.
bugger - I am so tired I mixed the two up - yes, it was Amiss

and we were missing those others as well :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching the Saints v Port game today was a real snooze fest until I realised how crape they both are. Bring on those juicy draft picks.

Liam Henry was very poor, no great loss to us on that form.

richard dreyfuss jaws GIF

Just have to run and short kick the Eagles to smack them but for some reason we get suckered into bombing it forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back