Non-Lions discussion 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Noble thing doesn't work out at North over the next couple of years, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him come back to us as CEO.

Still reckon he will turn it around for them though in the long run. He is almost too good at what he does not to.
I wonder if he sold his home on Mount Tamborine.

We looked pretty awful at times in 2017 too so probably too early to be making any big calls on Noble at North, as long as the administration over there aren't still thinking it'll be quick turnaround.

We looked pretty awful at times in 2017 too so probably too early to be making any big calls on Noble at North, as long as the administration over there aren't still thinking it'll be quick turnaround.

Does premiership contenders in three years count as a quick turn around in your book?

Does premiership contenders in three years count as a quick turn around in your book?
Well quicker than the North turnaround will be, I reckon.

I’ve said it before North have drafted, and traded in a pretty good crop of kids since 2016.

What they don’t have are many high level KPP’s coming through.

If they can trade in two or three A grade experienced players, it shouldn’t take much to turn them around.

Simpkin & Larky, LDU & Stephenson, Thomas & Taylor, Phillips & Powell & Ford.

They have the makings of a decent midfield there.

I’ve said it before North have drafted, and traded in a pretty good crop of kids since 2016.

What they don’t have are many high level KPP’s coming through.

If they can trade in two or three A grade experienced players, it shouldn’t take much to turn them around.

Simpkin & Larky, LDU & Stephenson, Thomas & Taylor, Phillips & Powell & Ford.

They have the makings of a decent midfield there.
Still don't understand why they didn't go Logan McDonald this year

Still don't understand why they didn't go Logan McDonald this year

Probably due to the go-home factor of WA similar to what happened with us selecting Schache and then him going back home in 2-3 years later.

I bet if Logan McDonald becomes a superstar in the league in 4-5 years time, both WA teams at the very least will have massive juicy contracts right in front of him.

Last edited:
Probably due to the go-home factor similar to what happened with us selecting Schache at pick 2 and going back home to Victoria 2-3 years later.
There was zero scuttlebutt that Schache would go home, in fact he was seen as a lock to stay in Brisbane IIRC, there would have been an outcry if we didn't select him, in hindsight we should have taken Clayton Oliver who went at pick 4.

There was zero scuttlebutt that Schache would go home, in fact he was seen as a lock to stay in Brisbane IIRC, there would have been an outcry if we didn't select him, in hindsight we should have taken Clayton Oliver who went at pick 4.

Schache was labelled as the next messiah of Brisbane, coming to Brisbane to continue his father’s legacy. He was on signs outside the Gabba and on membership cards in his second year. He had a five year contract put in front of him before he played a game. Reports from training that he lined up 100 set shots and kicked 100 in a row, that he was making senior defenders look like rookies.

He was anointed our next Brown and our great hope before he played a game. Poor bloke.

To his credit, he did look really good in his first season. No idea what happened after that. I wonder if we broke him or if he was just never up to it.

Schache was labelled as the next messiah of Brisbane, coming to Brisbane to continue his father’s legacy. He was on signs outside the Gabba and on membership cards in his second year. He had a five year contract put in front of him before he played a game. Reports from training that he lined up 100 set shots and kicked 100 in a row, that he was making senior defenders look like rookies.

He was anointed our next Brown and our great hope before he played a game. Poor bloke.

To his credit, he did look really good in his first season. No idea what happened after that. I wonder if we broke him or if he was just never up to it.

Poor lad, probably shows you why North Melbourne didn't select McDonald at Pick 2 after all cause I bet you a million dollars, the news-headlines all across the country from everywhere non-stop would be all about this McDonald bloke being the next "Wayne Carey" at the club in the future, similar to our situation for example.

Well besides, at least those days of players/draftees leaving due to the go-home factor at our club are over now at least, thanks to the brilliant on-field & off-field culture the club has created by Fages, Nobes & crew over these past 4-5 years :cool:

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
Probably due to the go-home factor of WA similar to what happened with us selecting Schache and then him going back home in 2-3 years later.

I bet if Logan McDonald becomes a superstar in the league in 4-5 years time, both WA teams at the very least will have massive juicy contracts right in front of him.

Read somewhere that North have a great record when it comes to player retention and it's a mystery why. Trading in multiple A grade players though would take a miracle.

Liam Ryan against a bulldogs defender..
Commentator: that’s not fair, boy versus girl in the backyard

really?

Housemate is a one eyed west coast supporter and tried to tell me that Martin scratched Nic Nat on purpose.... had to school him!
I was like seriously?!? Martin is one of the most genuine kind guys out there and is no way he meant to poke him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back