Non-Lions discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Sad thing for Freo is it looks like they need to hit the draft or trade in some talent to bolster the list as it has huge holes in it at the moment. Their only move is to really trade out Darcy and hope to turn that into a KPF. I also think they need a big bodied mid, better talent on the wings. Down back doesn't look too flash either.

It's interesting how quickly things can change. While KPF has always been a need, they had a relatively young side last year and looked poised for improvement this year. They haven't really been able to replace Mundy's leadership and class in the middle or Acres on the wing. Their defense also looked good last year too.

Looking like there are some pretty ordinary sides in it this year ie. Hawks, Kangaroos, Eagles... and maybe not far in front of them Giants and Dockers.

And we are expanding the competition again, is there enough talent to go around? Long term with the proliferation and infatuation/addiction of the younger generations to screen time I don't think so.

I only found out yesterday it is a huge thing for people to watch other people play video games, WTF I think I am way too old for this incoming virtual reality world.:shoutyoldman::sadv1:

Looking like there are some pretty ordinary sides in it this year ie. Hawks, Kangaroos, Eagles... and maybe not far in front of them Gold Coast, Giants and Dockers.

And we are expanding the competition again, is there enough talent to go around? Long term with the proliferation and infatuation/addiction of the younger generations to screen time I don't think so.

I only found out yesterday it is a huge thing for people to watch other people play video games, WTF I think I am way too old for this incoming virtual reality world.:shoutyoldman::sadv1:
You can add Gold Coast to the Giants and Freo.

Quite possibly Richmond as well if their injuries continue throughout the season.

Looking like there are some pretty ordinary sides in it this year ie. Hawks, Kangaroos, Eagles... and maybe not far in front of them Giants and Dockers.

Millions of dollars in it for the players.Huge in Asia
Also I seem to remember Essendon setting up a gaming team.Not certain how that went.

There was an interesting study last year which basically revealed that the talent for a 19th and 20th team would be more or less the same as for our current 17th and 18th teams. Which actually makes sense when you think about it... In any sport there are a handful of genuine champions, a larger number of extremely good players, and then lots of good to average players.

The study basically indicated that in our sport there is not much of a gap between (say) the 500th and the 2000th best player in the country, so now that we have come this far there will be little difference in expanding further, except to say that the "genuine champions" etc will be spread more thinly across the competition.

There was an interesting study last year which basically revealed that the talent for a 19th and 20th team would be more or less the same as for our current 17th and 18th teams. Which actually makes sense when you think about it... In any sport there are a handful of genuine champions, a larger number of extremely good players, and then lots of good to average players.

The study basically indicated that in our sport there is not much of a gap between (say) the 500th and the 2000th best player in the country, so now that we have come this far there will be little difference in expanding further, except to say that the "genuine champions" etc will be spread more thinly across the competition.
You would think that will inevitably lead to a lower standard of competition overall sadly.

That was nothing short of disastrous for Freo last night. Seems like there are alarm bells across the ground for them.

Their much vaunted midfield has been getting smashed each week and their forward line can't get it done with the way the ball is coming in. Longmuir ball is a stain on the comp. The way they went for Lobb was exactly like how Port went for Lachie a few years back - completely lost sight of the contest in favour of physically imposing themselves on a player.

That was nothing short of disastrous for Freo last night. Seems like there are alarm bells across the ground for them.

Their much vaunted midfield has been getting smashed each week and their forward line can't get it done with the way the ball is coming in. Longmuir ball is a stain on the comp. The way they went for Lobb was exactly like how Port went for Lachie a few years back - completely lost sight of the contest in favour of physically imposing themselves on a player.
As BT mentioned ( yes BT ) every time they were forced to play quickly they looked a lot better.
Nothing like a Friday night watching teh bloody Bulldogs towel up a very ordinary Freo.I was tempted to put out my eyes.

As BT mentioned ( yes BT ) every time they were forced to play quickly they looked a lot better.
Nothing like a Friday night watching teh bloody Bulldogs towel up a very ordinary Freo.I was tempted to put out my eyes.
Makes you wonder why they'd even bother reverting to their regular style of play when they looked much better against the suns by being more methodical with their entries and being quicker off the mark.

Hopefully we aren't subjected to anymore Freo Friday night games for a while

Makes you wonder why they'd even bother reverting to their regular style of play when they looked much better against the suns by being more methodical with their entries and being quicker off the mark.

Hopefully we aren't subjected to anymore Freo Friday night games for a while
Next week they are stuck with a 1.45pm start at the Gabba;)

Not watching the game but noticed on a stats page that Shuey has been subbed off for West Coast. Surely their medical department would be looking for new jobs by now. Basically, everyone over 28 is injured and about 17-18 unavailable in total. Just mind boggling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting ugly for the Swans now..

Those scars from the GF belting are looking like they run prettty deep.

Imagine if we got towelled like this in an away game

the Scribes and the Pharisees would be writing us off for the next 5 years.

But 'cos Sydney .............youse can never write of the Bloods kulcha

Remove this Banner Ad

Non-Lions discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back