Non-Lions discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Daicos is one of the best players I've ever seen. Scary to think this is a 20 year old with a single season under his belt. Get the ball into his hands as much as possible and good things happen. Rarely makes a mistake, takes pretty much the best option every time with aggressive kicks that just open the game up, can go forward and kick goals. ELITE footy brain. A bit soft at times but he's 20... certainly can win his own ball but it's not a huge strength but still decent. You'd just rather have the ball in his hands in space.

Think we are witnessing a once in a lifetime kinda talent. Future HoF, Brownlow medallist, many AA's.

Daicos is one of the best players I've ever seen. Scary to think this is a 20 year old with a single season under his belt. Get the ball into his hands as much as possible and good things happen. Rarely makes a mistake, takes pretty much the best option every time with aggressive kicks that just open the game up, can go forward and kick goals. ELITE footy brain. A bit soft at times but he's 20... certainly can win his own ball but it's not a huge strength but still decent. You'd just rather have the ball in his hands in space.

Think we are witnessing a once in a lifetime kinda talent. Future HoF, Brownlow medallist, many AA's.
He seems to pop up in the right position at the right times a lot as well. The last quarter tonight was an example.

He’s already been tagged two or three times this season, it just doesn’t seem to stop him, and the opposition coach has pulled the tag at half time each time.

Our tag worked on him when he was playing half back and picked up 1 disposal in the second quarter. They moved him up the ground and he got loose in the second half.

When he's forward, he seems to start at the edge of the square and runs straight into the middle when the ball is bounced and tends to lose his opponent in traffic. He works harder than most players on the ground to get loose and put himself in a position to get the ball (he's been top 1 or 2 in distance covered for the Pies in close to every game this season).

Reminds me a bit of how Sam Walsh made an impact early in his career, except Daicos is a more damaging user of the ball.

Our tag worked on him when he was playing half back and picked up 1 disposal in the second quarter. They moved him up the ground and he got loose in the second half.

When he's forward, he seems to start at the edge of the square and runs straight into the middle when the ball is bounced and tends to lose his opponent in traffic. He works harder than most players on the ground to get loose and put himself in a position to get the ball (he's been top 1 or 2 in distance covered for the Pies in close to every game this season).

Reminds me a bit of how Sam Walsh made an impact early in his career, except Daicos is a more damaging user of the ball.
I think that's what actually impresses me about him - not the raw numbers, and yes there's a caveat that I don't think he can win his own ball so he is dependent on teammates to a level others aren't - but his workrate is phenomenal. He just pops up everywhere. I also wouldn't be surprised if he does continue to develop and works on an inside game as well, which is disappointing given he plays for the Pies but he does strike me as one of those kids to whom "continuous improvement" is a real thing (Ashcroft being another).

We really don't need Collingwood to keep on winning. It is already getting old. The love they get is just so over the top.
It pains me to say it, but I genuinely like Collingwood so much more under McRae than under Malthouse era. I've always thought Pendlebury was an amazing player, and Daicos brothers and Elliott also superb talents. Ok, off for a shower now, I feel dirty for having admitted that.

Right now Daicos is the best player going around who gets a reasonable amount of ball. Everyone will do their homework to try to stop him but his development has been so rapid and his skills already high end elite , plus he has the drive and passion, that he'll find a way to keep improving.

We're just going to have to suck that one up for anyone who thinks he's getting spoon fed.

The good thing for us coming out of yesterday was that the Pies were ordinary until the Dons got dog tired and gave up.

The crowd and the adrenalin counted for a lot once they got a sniff but personally I think we would have their measure if we played to our best.

We should be looking at Daicos as an example of how to use McCluggage. Stop trying to get him inside so much and let him use his running ability and ball use on the outside of the pack

Weird to be saying that about a 20 year old as an example for an older player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We really don't need Collingwood to keep on winning. It is already getting old. The love they get is just so over the top.

My favourite part is that all the commentary has just completely ignored their loss against us where we played a game style that countered theirs.

My favourite part is that all the commentary has just completely ignored their loss against us where we played a game style that countered theirs.
I saw it briefly discussed & acknowledged on one of the Fox Footy shows last night. I tend not to watch their S**t reviews anymore so not sure who.

I saw it briefly discussed & acknowledged on one of the Fox Footy shows last night. I tend not to watch their S**t reviews anymore so not sure who.
Yes, I subscribed to Kayo for the first time a month or so ago and started watching AFL360 and On The Couch early in the season but have since gone off them for the same reason.:poo:

His dad was better

The Magpies play the Crows this weekend, I think Matthew Nicks will send Ben Keays to Nick Daicos in a hard tagging role, it will be interesting to see what happens.... go Keaysy.

It's like Chris Judd-level hype so far and rightly so. Fyfe was tracking at a similar elite level until injuries got him. Apart from that I can't think of anyone who had such high impact in the early part of their career over the last 20 years. I'm not counting forwards like Jezza, he sits in that same elite bracket and delivered playing for a super-young GWS outfit.

Nah this is good actually. Build them up as high as you can for the inevitable fall.

It's like Chris Judd-level hype so far and rightly so. Fyfe was tracking at a similar elite level until injuries got him. Apart from that I can't think of anyone who had such high impact in the early part of their career over the last 20 years. I'm not counting forwards like Jezza, he sits in that same elite bracket and delivered playing for a super-young GWS outfit.
Jared Brennan's debut game.. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Non-Lions discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back