Non-Lions discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Who do we want to win today? I just had a look at the next few weeks fixture for both sides >

Bombers - Magpies, Cats(H), Port(A), Lions(A).

Pies - Bombers, Crows(A), Swans(H), Giants(H).

I'd prefer a Bombers win as they have a very tough set of games coming up and are likely to drop a couple of games anyway, Pies have an easier draw, want them to lose this one today.

I think the odds of losing a grand final due to a goal umpire error pales in comparison to losing a grand final due to a field umpire's error (or boundary umpire? - hello Wayne Harmes). And we don't have a tech intervention for that.
Should we institute a captains challenge like League? One per quarter?

Tigers missing the finals is an early Christmas present. The ribbon on top comes from them giving away draft picks for Taranto and Hopper in a final bid to win a premiership. Just like Clarkson did at Hawthorn - Hardwick got seduced into thinking we can win it one last time. The Hawks didn't get close and set themselves back ten years.
I already feel like that at the end of round 6, teams 12 - 18 on the ladder can't make the 8 and it is down to the top 11. Sydney are to good to write off, but unless they get some players back, they to might be done in 2-3 rounds.

It would still be very had to take if it was an against the Lions howler call in the last seconds of a GF.:(

I like the goal line technology but they really do need to speed up the process, the decision in soccer is so quick that 99% of the time play just carries on as per normal if it's a no goal decision.
I was at a friends a few weeks back and he had the English Soccer Championship on, i think the level below the EPL, and I couldn't believe how quickly they were able to review a goal in real time without stopping the game as all of the ball hand't crossed the line - absolutely seamless and i commented at the time why we dont have that for the ball crossing the line or hitting the posts. Obvously the tech is there.

Who do we want to win today? I just had a look at the next few weeks fixture for both sides >

I'd prefer a Bombers win as they have a very tough set of games coming up and are likely to drop a couple of games anyway, Pies have an easier draw, want them to lose this one today.
images

I had a Richmond supporting neighbour who for a couple of years kept telling me that there was a young lad running around on the Sunshine Coast that Richmond had lined up. Something about a Richmond heavyweight had identified him and it was all organised that he would go to Richmond. He was going to be a star. The most talented kid anyone had ever seen etc. Now the neighbour was a bit sketchy about the details and didn't know the name of the player but seemed confident it would all go down, despite me reminding him that whoever this kid was he would most likely be in the Lions Academy. Sure enough Noah went to Richmond around this time. Interesting times indeed.
Could have been Will Martyn, I think he was rated a little higher than Cumberland at the time.

Pies, bomber supporters smugness level going off the metre.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No bad result from here - either bombers choke, or kick away and win easily, or in the funniest possible result the bombers hold on by less than a kick and we get to argue that the bombers must have trained being #clutch more than the pies.
It's hard to know what to want because I'd love to see them both lose by a point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Non-Lions discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back