Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Overstep? Over reach?

Reenacting rape? Underage minors? Slavery? Acts of terrorism?

Sorry, in no way are these penalties unjustified.

We have a women's competition. That alone is cause enough to throw the book at these guys. Add in the battles with vilification and players being accused of similar acts and incidents over recent years and this is just stupid, tasteless and brainless.

I don't care if it was behind closed doors - it wasn't, there were staff there and CCTV video footage taken - there is a line you don't cross. Plenty of public figures are held to account for private acts and this is no different.

Simulated rape and making light of underage girls is about as derogatory and demeaning as you can get - privately and publicly. It shows how far we have to go to rid ourselves of double standards and disrespect. I cannot imagine the disgust the women's GWS team must feel.

They're young, they're inexperienced, they're overpaid, they're rarely told no. That's the life of an AFL player. That's why it was crucial the AFL did what they did... they had no choice.

And I would be just as pissed and disappointed if it was our boys.
Idun maybe a bit harsh, given he's Ghanian and also apparently asked first. I'm glad he's on the low end of the penalties (mind, I also haven't gotten around to watching that film so I don't know the scene). If you feel you have to ask that's probably a good hint that you probably just shouldn't, mind.

Remove this Banner Ad

Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back