Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Whereas the last time Essendon won a VFL/AFL game with a goal after the siren was in 1913 against University.
Finally, the reason University ceased to exist comes to light...

McRae’s reference to the MCG and it’s favourable impact on umpiring is such poor sportsmanship particularly given the fact is that Collingwood play 14 games there this year and of course the GF against interstate teams. Really poor from their senior coach - he should be better than that.
Good to see that Longmire has given McRae's MCG comments both barrels. 14 games at the MCG and 3 at Marvel for 17 home games!

Nathan Buckley on SEN today said that the Hawks are the hardest running side in the AFL... followed by the Giants, the last 2 sides to defeat us.

Does anybody think the Hawks can win the flag?

Even though they finished 2nd in the H&A it would be a similar snatch and grab job to their 2008 flag when they upset raging hot favourites the Cats if they did it.

Nathan Buckley on SEN today said that the Hawks are the hardest running side in the AFL... followed by the Giants, the last 2 sides to defeat us.

Even though they finished 2nd in the H&A it would be a similar snatch and grab job to their 2008 flag when they upset raging hot favourites the Cats if they did it.
I think it would be very tough to win 3 consecutive finals interstate. But if they can somehow arrange an "away" final against Geelong or the Bulldogs, the whole finals series may just open up for them, like it did for the Dogs in 2016.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully the finals draw works out that they play each other in the first week of the finals.

As good as their form has been they haven't really come up against an inform strong opponent away from home

Not to say they can't but they've had a good run

As good as their form has been they haven't really come up against an inform strong opponent away from home

Not to say they can't but they've had a good run
Well they did two weeks ago, and lost (admittedly in a very close game).

Scott Lucas in commentary the last 2 weeks in Essendon's close finishes is hilarious

And things get worse for Carlton

Carlton has been dealt a sixth fresh injury concern to its nightmare run, with star forward Harry McKay sent for a scans on a quad issue.

McKay suffered the setback in the last five minutes of Sunday’s disaster 74-point loss to Hawthorn, putting him in doubt for this week’s must-win clash against West Coast.

Can see them itching to pay 50's against us.

We will have to go into reverse gear every time we stand a mark.
Interesting take your last point. Only my opinion but seems we like to stand the mark alot more than dropping back the 5 metres and being able to move around. GWS seemed to stay back, collingwood always move back from the mark. Not sure what the benefits are either way. You hear umpires say stand the mark around the ground but sometimes i see cox jumping up and down on the mark so presume if having a shot at goal the man on the mark does not have to stand.I dont know

And things get worse for Carlton

Carlton has been dealt a sixth fresh injury concern to its nightmare run, with star forward Harry McKay sent for a scans on a quad issue.

McKay suffered the setback in the last five minutes of Sunday’s disaster 74-point loss to Hawthorn, putting him in doubt for this week’s must-win clash against West Coast.

Episode 2 Whatever GIF

Interesting take your last point. Only my opinion but seems we like to stand the mark alot more than dropping back the 5 metres and being able to move around. GWS seemed to stay back, collingwood always move back from the mark. Not sure what the benefits are either way. You hear umpires say stand the mark around the ground but sometimes i see cox jumping up and down on the mark so presume if having a shot at goal the man on the mark does not have to stand.I dont know
Once the umpire sets the mark you can't move back/forward or sideways off the mark.
Think of it as a vertical mark point from the ground upwards.
You often see players looking towards the umpire to ensure they are in the correct spot.
You can jump up and down if you want but be careful you don't accidently move off the mark that is noticeable.
Regarding the 5 meters i can see some benefits at certain points of the ground to move back.
However, in general i don't see much benefit. But that's just my opinion and obviously some coaches see it very differently.

1723450852461.png
1723450752686.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back