Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Once the umpire sets the mark you can't move back/forward or sideways off the mark.
Think of it as a vertical mark point from the ground upwards.
You often see players looking towards the umpire to ensure they are in the correct spot.
You can jump up and down if you want but be careful you don't accidently move off the mark that is noticeable.
Regarding the 5 meters i can see some benefits at certain points of the ground to move back.
However, in general i don't see much benefit. But that's just my opinion and obviously some coaches see it very differently.

View attachment 2077384
View attachment 2077380
Ok, but if an umpire calls stand which you hear them say a fair bit i am presuming you can still jump straight up and down even in general play. You dont hear the umpires say stand all the time but i do hear it a fair bit. I would think if you are told to stand then you cant jump up and down in straight line but each interpretation to each umpire i suppose.
Every now and then on Tuesday nights ( daughters netball) i get to have a chat with a current AFL umpire who is doing a great job by the way so i will just ask him what the story is with the stand if the umpire does call stand. Cheers for your data.

McRae: "I have been a real obvious advocate for umpires and how difficult their job is. But there are times when you get into a game, there's so much on the line and you just get frustrated. I did and I stepped over the mark, I know that."

So did Tom McCartin, by 6 metres... ;)

:eek: :eek: :eek: https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...s/news-story/c90a1efbcd1ffc3616be2e631826cc06

‘WOULD ASK FOR A TRADE TOMORROW’: DEES SUPERSTAR ‘DISILLUSIONED’

Melbourne superstar Christian Petracca is “disillusioned” with the club and “open to a trade”.

While the Demons midfielder is contracted until the end of 2029, and will find it almost impossible to leave, he “would likely ask for a trade tomorrow” if he was coming out of contract according to Nine’s Tom Morris.

:eek: :eek: :eek: https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...s/news-story/c90a1efbcd1ffc3616be2e631826cc06

Melbourne superstar Christian Petracca is “disillusioned” with the club and “open to a trade”.

While the Demons midfielder is contracted until the end of 2029, and will find it almost impossible to leave, he “would likely ask for a trade tomorrow” if he was coming out of contract according to Nine’s Tom Morris.

Morris has connections within MFC.

McRae: "I have been a real obvious advocate for umpires and how difficult their job is. But there are times when you get into a game, there's so much on the line and you just get frustrated. I did and I stepped over the mark, I know that."

So did Tom McCartin, by 6 metres... ;)

“I am an advocate for umpires until one goes against me and then I will call their performance a circus, tell them they got it wrong and blame them for a loss”.

It's not BS. He's a total committed professional and has put up with a lot the last couple of years.

Most likely he's had enough of the culture at the Dees and is putting it out there that things need to change . He'd love to be at a club like us.

One can dream.

Sell the Farm.

It's not BS. He's a total committed professional and has put up with a lot the last couple of years.

Most likely he's had enough of the culture at the Dees and is putting it out there that things need to change . He'd love to be at a club like us.

One can dream.

No way we could afford him in either picks or cap space. Would love him at the lions for the reasons you’ve said but won’t happen, you wouldn’t think.

“I am an advocate for umpires until one goes against me and then I will call their performance a circus, tell them they got it wrong and blame them for a loss”.
Surprises me how much pressure Fly seems to think he's under.

Because he was agitated and out of character Friday night.

Wonder what's going on there.

I know. I was just dreaming. But could you imagine. He's just about the best player going and a top bloke as well.

Dee’s were truly one and done. All setup by Paul Roos, degenerate goodie has run the whole thing into the ground.

Dee’s were truly one and done. All setup by Paul Roos, degenerate goodie has run the whole thing into the ground.
There's a lot more that will come out over time.

Internal issues with player discipline and management.

What they gave up to keep Petty was just dumb.

Is Tomlinson any good ? He's one who's out of favour and wants out .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Morris is also saying Jack Viney could be departing

Obvious link being the old man at North.

Morris is also saying Jack Viney could be departing

Obvious link being the old man at North.

Jack and Trac are 2 players who give their all every time they go out there.

Obviously the culture stinks.

Could be some low hanging fruit at the Dees in the off season. Particularly since they've shown they're no geniuses at the trade table.

And what exactly is an ambassador role other than lining Buddy’s pocket with will what be a generous salary and token role?
Same as what other AFL ambassadors already do - speak in schools, community events, community clubs. Though given how famous he is, you'd expect he'd also be expected to be more involved with the club I guess.

Imagine if Trace and Viney left and Goodwin and Oliver remained. Oh lawd. One can only dream

Melbourne will do whatever it takes to keep Trac happy. As they should.

If Goody hadn't won a flag it'd be all over in the off season , but they'll go all out to patch everything up.

I still think it'll fall apart over time. May and Lever aren't much of a threat to anyone any more. Everyone knows Oliver is cooked. Viney isn't going to get any better. Still have to pay for Brayshaw. Gawn looks tired of it all but he's a champ so conceivably might have a couple of years of good footy left. Still don't have a key forward.

I'd be going the rebuild around Petracca but they're carrying a lot of dead wood that won't be easy to shift.

Melbourne will do whatever it takes to keep Trac happy. As they should.

If Goody hadn't won a flag it'd be all over in the off season , but they'll go all out to patch everything up.

I still think it'll fall apart over time. May and Lever aren't much of a threat to anyone any more. Everyone knows Oliver is cooked. Viney isn't going to get any better. Still have to pay for Brayshaw. Gawn looks tired of it all but he's a champ so conceivably might have a couple of years of good footy left. Still don't have a key forward.

I'd be going the rebuild around Petracca but they're carrying a lot of dead wood that won't be easy to shift.

Most if not all of Brayshaw is outside of the cap I thought.

Remove this Banner Ad

Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back