Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

And Lukosius. If I'm GC, I'd be asking for Adelaide's future first round pick. They're going to need at least two first round picks next year, to get the two best of their academy kids.
Second round pick in the 20s somewhere at best.

About the same, is it not?

And Lukosius. If I'm GC, I'd be asking for Adelaide's future first round pick. They're going to need at least two first round picks next year, to get the two best of their academy kids.

:) We need to give some hope for Damien Hardwick that he'll crack top 4 at least next year. Will be limited to 1 if he does - unless they hold 2 picks, their academy player is still available and they're happy to take him as if in open draft.

Rankine & now Luko it was just a matter of time.
To be fair to Luko, he didn't really play the go home card, he stuck around, but if you're getting dicked around in positions and being dropped etc, the allure to just get the hell out of there is awfully tempting. I think he probably deserved the dropping, but it's not like he's running back to mummy first chance.

To be fair to Luko, he didn't really play the go home card, he stuck around, but if you're getting dicked around in positions and being dropped etc, the allure to just get the hell out of there is awfully tempting. I think he probably deserved the dropping, but it's not like he's running back to mummy first chance.

What's his best position though? I think it's on him to actually play one consistently

If I was the crows or port I'd be playing him on the wing but he'll have to work hard

Every club in the competition is peering over the Melbourne fence.
Geelong on Clayton Oliver. Collingwood on Christian Petracca. Port Adelaide on Kysaiah Pickett.
Rival clubs believe some of Melbourne’s most important players are getting twitchy fingers, sensing it could in fact all blow up in 12 months if the club can’t collectively maximise the riches on its list.

Juicy

Has reeked poor attitude all year. Suns should offload him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kysaiah Pickett please and they can throw in Jacob Van Rooyen as the steak knives.
Pickett will end his career at Port. Was surprised he re-signed last year. Might not be for a few years yet but cannot see him staying in Melb for the duration of his career. Probably didn’t want to bail whilst the Demons appeared to be in contention for flags.

Who was the d!*khe@d Lions supporter who rang SEN and suggested Brisbane trade Rayner for Petracca?

Driving home from work at about 6:45pm, listening to SEN Vic.
I know what happened here briz, it was actually danster168 pretending to be a Lions supporter.

Called SEN earlier tonight proposing we trade Rayner for Petracca. I think we should consider it.
You Are Dumb Better Call Saul GIF

We have a new top seed :eyes:

#1 - Western Bulldogs 131% (#3 in attack - down 1, #1 in defence - up 1). Another compelling performance against Melbourne, but their rating is also affected by Sydney's performance, given they've played them twice.

#2 - Sydney 128% (#1 in attack, #3 in defence - down 2). I don't think anyone saw this coming! Their rating haemorrhages because Port haven't really been rated at all by the model. Results like this of course also affect Port's rating in a positive manner.

#3 - Brisbane 125% (#2 in attack - up 1, #7 in defence - up 1). Everything trending in the right direction this week!

#4 - Fremantle 111% (#8 in attack - down 1, #4 in defence). Their rating takes a hit because, well, the model still doesn't rate Essendon.

Carlton remain #4 in attack. 108%, still #7 overall and #14 in defence.

Despite their mauling, St Kilda actually rises to #2 here, more due really to how bad Sydney was. 93%, #14 overall and #17 in attack (down 1). Rossball just doing its thing I guess :rolleyes:

The model has us beating the Giants (#5 overall, 110%, #6 in attack and #8 defensively) by 11 points.

I think next year I will need to have a better method of giving a higher weighting to more recent form. It didn't matter so much towards the end of last season because the top teams were still winning often enough to warrant their high ratings.
Well I didn't think I'd get to update these this week, but Mr Squiggle finally fixed up the scores from last Friday's game...
Screenshot_20240816_135206_Chrome.jpg

They've finally come to the party...
Screenshot_20240816_150121_Chrome.jpg

So the seeds are back 😁

#1 (up 1) - Sydney 128% (#1 in attack, #6 in defence - down 3). Hardly convincing of course, but nobody else really wanted top spot it seems!

#2 (down 1) - Western Bulldogs 127% (#3 in attack, #3 in defence - down 2). Opened up by the relatively defensive Crows, so their rating takes a hit.

#3 - Brisbane 126% (#2 in attack, #8 in defence - down 1).

#4 (up 1) - Greater Western Sydney 114% (#6 in attack, #7 in defence - up 1).

Fremantle drop out of the seeds and down to #7 on the back of consecutive losses. 112% (#10 in attack - down 2, #4 in defence).

Carlton (somehow!) remain #4 in attack. 105%, #9 (down 2) overall and still #14 in defence.

St Kilda are promoted to the #1 defensive team. 93%, still #14 overall and #17 in attack.

Hawthorn meanwhile jump into these seeds for the first time all year. They are #2 for defence, and at 113% they are now rapidly closing in on a spot in the overall seeds. For now they are #5 overall and #9 in attack.

The model has us beating Collingwood (#11 overall, 102%, #7 in attack and #13 defensively) by 19 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back