Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

If he truly believes in Brand Petracca, then 5 years is too long a contract.

Demons are going to hit a flat spot and visit the bottom half of the ladder in the coming years which means crowds will start to thin out again. It's only a matter of time before Petracca would try to take his brand elsewhere. But $1.7 million sounds pretty steep to cover for any club out there. Crazy.
His 'statement' was hardly comforting for Melbourne fans.

It's as plain as day he wants out and also as plain as day that he's locked in with no way out.

Interesting to see how this effects his footy. Their best players are getting to the twilight stage.

Complete list of Hawthorn Gabba games 2009-2024

View attachment 2098342
This is another bullsh*t part of the AFL’s fixture. If they can’t stomach a 17 game season with no double ups, they need to enable a 2 year “rolling fixture”, where each team plays an H&A against every team.
Forget club wishes for blockbuster games every season. Balance it out over 2 seasons. For the set games (ie Anzac Day, queens birthday), this is still manageable - just alternate the home team.

I also hate that we waited until round-24 to play Essendon… but i’ll get on that soapbox some other time!

This is another bullsh*t part of the AFL’s fixture. If they can’t stomach a 17 game season with no double ups, they need to enable a 2 year “rolling fixture”, where each team plays an H&A against every team.
Forget club wishes for blockbuster games every season. Balance it out over 2 seasons. For the set games (ie Anzac Day, queens birthday), this is still manageable - just alternate the home team.

I also hate that we waited until round-24 to play Essendon… but i’ll get on that soapbox some other time!
Wait till Tasmania enters the competition

I've been arguing this for years. I've loosened the idea out to 3 years to play everyone properly home and away. Its not perfectly balanced but feel that still gives the AFL enough manipulation of the fixture while still balancing out as much as possible

No changes to the seeds in the end, altho for a short while there on Sunday it looked like Hawthorn would be barnstorming their way in!

#1 - Sydney 129% (#1 in attack, #3 in defence - up 3)

#2 - Western Bulldogs 128% (#3 in attack, #1 in defence - up 2)

#3 - Brisbane 125% (#2 in attack, #7 in defence - up 1)

#4 - Greater Western Sydney 116% (#6 in attack, #8 in defence - down 1)

Carlton finally drop out of the seeds in attack. Maybe a bit unlucky, but the model does not take injuries into account. They drop to #5 here. 106%, #9 overall and still #13 (up 1) in defence. They're replaced by Geelong at #4 - 109%, #7 overall and #12 defensively.

On the defence side, St Kilda drop back to #2. 95%, #13 (up 1) overall and #15 (up 2! :eek:) in attack.

Hawthorn drop out of the defensive seeds, after eventually letting a pretty ordinary Richmond team put 68 past them. Back to #5 (down 3) for defence, 111%, #6 (down 1) overall and #10 (down 1) in attack. They're replaced by Melbourne who sneak into #4. 105%, #10 overall, #13 in attack.

The model has us beating Essendon (#15 overall, 91%, #11 in attack and #15 defensively) by 30 points.
Gerard didn't have Carlton in his seeds today. Goodness me, what is the world coming to.

Meanwhile my seeds remain as is, but my word it's tight at the top!

#1 - Sydney 129.86% (#1 in attack, #5 in defence - down 2). Leaking 90 points to an underwhelming Adelaide attack arguably not the best finals tune up.

#2 - Western Bulldogs 129.79% (#3 in attack, #1 in defence). Impressive against an albeit understrength Giants team. Just 0.07% separated them reclaiming the top seed!

#3 - Brisbane 125% (#2 in attack, #4 in defence - up 3)

#4 - Greater Western Sydney 116% (#6 in attack, #8 in defence)

With only 6 teams alive this time next week, this will be the last time I do the attack and defence seedings. Do yer own!

Geelong retain their #4 ranking in attack. 109%, #8 overall (down 1) and #12 defensively. Good to see the model doing what it's supposed to, and not getting sucked in by an annihilation of one of the bottom 3 teams.

On the defence side, St Kilda have finished at #2. 96%, #13 overall and #15 in attack. Hawthorn have rebounded back into the defensive seeds at #3 (up 2). 113%, #5 (up 1) overall and #9 (up 1) in attack. Melbourne slip back to #7 with a very poor performance in the final round. 102%, #12 overall (down 2) and #13 in attack.

The model has us beating Carlton (#11 overall, 105%, #5 in attack and #13 defensively) by 16 points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gerard didn't have Carlton in his seeds today. Goodness me, what is the world coming to.

Meanwhile my seeds remain as is, but my word it's tight at the top!

#1 - Sydney 129.86% (#1 in attack, #5 in defence - down 2). Leaking 90 points to an underwhelming Adelaide attack arguably not the best finals tune up.

#2 - Western Bulldogs 129.79% (#3 in attack, #1 in defence). Impressive against an albeit understrength Giants team. Just 0.07% separated them reclaiming the top seed!

#3 - Brisbane 125% (#2 in attack, #4 in defence - up 3)

#4 - Greater Western Sydney 116% (#6 in attack, #8 in defence)

With only 6 teams alive this time next week, this will be the last time I do the attack and defence seedings. Do yer own!

Geelong retain their #4 ranking in attack. 109%, #8 overall (down 1) and #12 defensively. Good to see the model doing what it's supposed to, and not getting sucked in by an annihilation of one of the bottom 3 teams.

On the defence side, St Kilda have finished at #2. 96%, #13 overall and #15 in attack. Hawthorn have rebounded back into the defensive seeds at #3 (up 2). 113%, #5 (up 1) overall and #9 (up 1) in attack. Melbourne slip back to #7 with a very poor performance in the final round. 102%, #12 overall (down 2) and #13 in attack.

The model has us beating Carlton (#11 overall, 105%, #5 in attack and #13 defensively) by 16 points.
I will accept a 16-point win only if we were 35 points up at 3/4 time

Got 2 avid Blues supporting mates. One is expecting them to lose comfortably with or without potential ins e.g. Curnow/McKay/TDK (who seems less likely than likely, Saad, Docherty etc). The other thinks they’ll go close without potential ins, and are a huge chance with potential ins. 🙄

Heard this morning that the Geelong management aren’t happy, either because their Members were only allowed to purchase 2000 tickets to the game tonight or their Members weren’t prepared to travel and only 2000 tickets have been purchased by their Members for tonight game.
Either way, that’s pretty shit.

Especially when we will likely have between 10-15k Carlton fans at our game on Saturday night.

Reckon we're gonna see some pretty low scoring games this weekend. Will not be surprised to see no team hit 3 figures. Most teams have been really nailing their defensive structures over the last few weeks.
That’s finals footy

Heard this morning that the Geelong management aren’t happy, either because their Members were only allowed to purchase 2000 tickets to the game tonight or their Members weren’t prepared to travel and only 2000 tickets have been purchased by their Members for tonight game.
Either way, that’s pretty shit.

Especially when we will likely have between 10-15k Carlton fans at our game on Saturday night.
I doubt only 2000 tickets available unless Ticketmaster/Ticketek messed up big time.
Now that's possible but still unlikely.

On the Brisbane support for Carlton.
Brisbane/Gold Coast/Sunshine Coast is a little unique in that a lot of Victorians have moved here in the last 40 years.
They breed like the rest of society and pass down their AFL allegiance.
This is a big reason the big Victoria clubs like Pies, Blues, Tigers & Bombers sell out Gabba games including finals.
There would be a fairly big travelling component, but a lot of locals probably hold interstate memberships.

Remove this Banner Ad

Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back