Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Twisting of what reality?

Well you twisted posters here questioning if Chris Scott was a guaranteed upgrade on Fagan as people thinking Scott is clueless and used the fact that Geelong managed to finish the season with 2 extra points than us and put in a strong finals performance as proof that he's somehow managed to get more out of his teak than Fagan would

Well you twisted posters here questioning if Chris Scott was a guaranteed upgrade on Fagan as people thinking Scott is clueless and used the fact that Geelong managed to finish the season with 2 extra points than us and put in a strong finals performance as proof that he's somehow managed to get more out of his teak than Fagan would
How has my posts implied or said anything remotely like that.

Angling for another fight on here; what a bloody surprise; not interested.

Go have a go at someone else.:rolleyes:

So is it just me, or does this feel like the longest wait for a game of football ever? Bring on the wildcard round… Sure it’s a money grab from the AFL and teams finishing in the bottom half of the ladder don’t deserve to play finals, but if it eliminates the pre-finals bye weekend i’m all for it!
Perhaps they need a spoon bowl for the number 1 pick?

So is it just me, or does this feel like the longest wait for a game of football ever? Bring on the wildcard round… Sure it’s a money grab from the AFL and teams finishing in the bottom half of the ladder don’t deserve to play finals, but if it eliminates the pre-finals bye weekend i’m all for it!
AFL needs 18 team finals series. You know 9th plays 18th, 10th plays 17th and so on. That way everyone makes finals.

On F1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

The Collingwood game, the crows game, the gws game, the Carlton game, the freo game and so on

Take your pick
In contrast you could ague we pinched the game against the Swans given their injuries, or the Melbourne game where finally got in front with a minute to go. Swings and roundabouts of a football season in the most competitive season in memory. We’ve hardly been convincing this year, but we’ve done enough to be in it.

I know its suited us this year but the pre-finals bye is terrible. It both kills the momentum of the season but it also takes away the advantages of teams that start the year well and can afford to manage their teams. Its a terrible decision from the AFL all to favour the gambling companies

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also I've said it many times but the way Geelong have managed their list across the year has been amazing and its paid off in buckets again reaching another prelim.

They were slammed in the middle of the year for set resting of players and managing their midfield time - and then dropping a game or 2. But look where they are again

We should study them long and hard and learn from it. We are not as smart as them on managing a full list

Also I've said it many times but the way Geelong have managed their list across the year has been amazing and its paid off in buckets again reaching another prelim.

They were slammed in the middle of the year for set resting of players and managing their midfield time - and then dropping a game or 2. But look where they are again

We should study them long and hard and learn from it. We are not as smart as them on managing a full list

Benefited from an even season

Not many 23 game seasons 15 wins is enough to finish top 4

We should study Sydney and Geelong about how to win early season games. This is what enables resting players or putting in a pre-finals training block.
Effectively playing finals from the mid-season bye is not how to do it!

I know its suited us this year but the pre-finals bye is terrible. It both kills the momentum of the season but it also takes away the advantages of teams that start the year well and can afford to manage their teams. Its a terrible decision from the AFL all to favour the gambling companies
LOL at the AFL's reasoning that enables all eyes on the start of the AFLW season; yep Im buying that when I barely no anyone that watches it.

Yep can only laugh at those who openly mocked a lot of what the Cats did this season and yet they made top four and now are one win away from a GF. Amazes me that more clubs don't manage players like they do.

Yep can only laugh at those who openly mocked a lot of what the Cats did this season and yet they made top four and now are one win away from a GF. Amazes me that more clubs don't manage players like they do.

Where's the proof they would've won less games if they didn't rest players?

They do have 2 veterans who weren't fit yesterday

And like I said above. 15 wins and a poor percentage usually doesn't get you in the top 4

I believe Chris Scott got a bit lucky yesterday. There was a lot of holding back a fair bit on the tank approach with Stewart, Hawkins and DeKoning as he knew there's another chance. If this was a elimination final he would've got everyone on the park to be honest.

Lucky part for him was his team's second string stepping up. They played with full of dare, taking the ball forward in every possible way and just ran n ran like Hawks have played this season. The more goals they kicked from those low probability angles, Port slowly became witches hats.

Remove this Banner Ad

Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back