Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

On the flip side. If it turns out to be Richmond that we end up trading with for pick 20. It's probably better for us that they make out like bandits on the Rioli & Bolton trades.

Historically Richmond always have a liking for our academy players. We're going to find out whether that extends to our father sons too.

Noble has a few years left under contract so the Suns will need to pay a bit more than market value to get him IMO.

I agree if it’s an A grader or even a decent B grader. But noble is a slightly better than if not a fringe player. A good C grade player. When those guys want out for more opportunity I don’t think you need to pay crazy overs historically.

Won’t noble also be out of the team if they get Houston? So he is as I said effectively fringe and probably not getting a game next year if they get Houston.

Nobles value is about equal to Devs value. I look forward to use getting a first round pick for him too -_-
I have been a fan of Dev's but IMO Dev is substantially below John Noble's value in any hypothetical trade, Noble has played consistently in a contending team for a number of years, only missed a handful of games since the 2020 season, has played 112 career games and played 23 games in their 2023 flag season.

Dev has a total of 43 career games over 5 seasons.

I have been a fan of Dev's but IMO Dev is substantially below John Noble's value in any hypothetical trade, Noble has played consistently in a contending team for a number of years, only missed a handful of games since the 2020 season, has played 112 career games and played 23 games in their 2023 flag season.

Dev has a total of 43 career games over 5 seasons
It was a pretty tongue in cheek comment. I don't actually think dev is worth a first round.

lol the Rioli for pick 6 & 23 originated from a SEN nuffie caller yesterday, and it’s grown from there, and Korns doing his Volkano routine this morning.
It'll get done for Pick 6 and that'll be that.

Callum Dick in the Courier Mail wrote up an interesting article about it this morning. He reckons that the SUNS current list management strategy is to bank enough points to draft their academy players in the 2023, 2024, & 2025 drafts while using their top picks, i.e. Pick 6 this year, to get talented players, i.e. Noble & Rioli, to the SUNS.

Last edited:
Heard Kane Cornes this morning basically comparing this deal with what we gave up for Lachie Neale (pick 6 and 19 and 55) and getting pick 30 back and saying Gold Coast are crazy noting how well we did for a player that was younger and a proven player having won B&Fs at Freo compared to Rioli having not achieved much other than being fortunate to play in some premiership teams.

Posted the below a week ago - it concerns me that Kane and I are thinking similarly.

For Neale, we gave up 6, 19, and 55, with 30 in return - that’s equivalent to 6 and 35, for Neale.

A better player, with a better body of work, when he was 2 years younger - by all objective measures Rioli is simply not worth anywhere near that.

Gold Coast should pitch unders of 12 and 38, Richmond ask overs of 12 and 20, and agree to split the middle with 12 and 26, the equivalent of pick 5, which is generous enough - maybe some late pick swaps if either club is still unhappy.

Richmond can bring in two quality players for the long term, GC can give their list a boost for a shot at the 8.

lol the Rioli for pick 6 & 23 originated from a SEN nuffie caller yesterday, and it’s grown from there, and Korns doing his Volkano routine this morning.

And that’s from SEN this afternoon.

Making their own news, then outrage and then outrage at the outrage. Rinse and repeat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back