Non-Lions Footy Season (2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That flog in the crowd mouthed off at him first and said something that made Oliver turn back....Oliver didn't stay long enough to say too much, I just pictured him telling the flog to g** f****d and he went on with game.

Wasn't too much in it imo........the bloke looked like a loud mouthed smart a.r.s.e who wasn't expecting a response.

...he's getting his 15mins of fame tho.
I have a feeling a mountain may be made out of a mole hill this week in the media unless something else more earth shattering:rolleyes: happens in the mean time. eg. man looks at woman sideways.

Unfortunately they have a lot more easier games than harder ones.

Looking like astute trading by Port in the end to our detriment.

With what Hanley has produced this year looks pretty even stevens to me. Not to mention he seems to be getting to the soft tissue injury stage.

I have a feeling a mountain may be made out of a mole hill this week in the media unless something else more earth shattering:rolleyes: happens in the mean time. eg. man looks at woman sideways.

What if I suggested that the spectator made a racist remark about Oliver's hair colour or complexion?

What if I suggested that the spectator made a racist remark about Oliver's hair colour or complexion?
Agree, was going to mention an Adam Goodes type situation but I don't think a hair colour or complexion comment raises to the status of racial vilification.

I was more on Oliver's side in this situation, Oliver was virtually face to face with this guy and he probably said something that got under Oliver's skin so he said a couple of words back, understandable IMO if it was simply a "f...k off you dick head" or similar. I'm sure Oliver got over it rapidly and if the supporter didn't I would be quite surprised although he could look for his 15 minutes of fame on current affair or alike, I'm sure they would make a headline out of it someway.

This is taken from the AFL website, but technically it is incorrect isn't it as the Eagles weren't in the 8 when they played Port?

0907_WCEvPORT_MR.jpg

This is taken from the AFL website, but technically it is incorrect isn't it as the Eagles weren't in the 8 when they played Port?

0907_WCEvPORT_MR.jpg
Maybe because the Eagles started the round in the 8. And would have been back in the 8 had they won.
But technically they weren't in the 8 when they played. Bit silly.

Last edited:
I'm glad Fraser Gehrig never came over to the fence on the day me and a mate were making Mal Michael blush with some of the things we were yelling at old dropped pie face...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe he'll take a role as a development coach and run havoc in the NEAFL if we have a few injuries.

Hodge is one of only a few current players that I'd select in a "best I've seen" team. The way he controlled half back in 2008, effectively playing as a KPP at times, made Hawthorn a premiership team IMO. That he could then go into the midfield and be a genuine force there says volumes about his talent. He's as tough as old boots, brave, smart and has beautiful skills. You probably can't ask for much more from a player.

Hodge is one of only a few current players that I'd select in a "best I've seen" team. The way he controlled half back in 2008, effectively playing as a KPP at times, made Hawthorn a premiership team IMO. That he could then go into the midfield and be a genuine force there says volumes about his talent. He's as tough as old boots, brave, smart and has beautiful skills. You probably can't ask for much more from a player.
Yep, him Sam Mitchell and Shaun Burgoyne IMO stack up against our own Voss/Black/Akermanis trio pretty well. I would have Voss in front of Hodge playing wise due to Vossys much more midfield time, Black and Mitchell line ball, and Aker in front of Burgoyne although they played different roles and hard to judge it.

O
One of my favourite non Lion player .
Tough as they come and a great leader .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back