Resource Noober's Player Videos for 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

We need a slippery small forward with the likelihood Rankine seems destined for spending significant time in the midfield going forward and I think Rachele may also be headed for more on ball time once he builds his tank. So footage of the better small forward prospects outside of Berry and Kako/Champion who both are likely to be matched would be appreciated I'm sure.
That's not so easy though. Outside of Berry/Kako/Champion the rest of the small forward contingent are more late pick types to my mind.

There are a bunch of guys that to me are more hybrid types, and perhaps not exactly the slippery small forward you're after. Guys like Hotton, Reid, Dattoli, Dolan, Davis, Said.

You've raised Unwin who might make a run at it now.

The SA trio of Bradley, Newton and Barrett are all slightly more speculative prospects I think, but I haven't seen enough of them to really judge.

Am I missing anyone obvious?

That's not so easy though. Outside of Berry/Kako/Champion the rest of the small forward contingent are more late pick types to my mind.

There are a bunch of guys that to me are more hybrid types, and perhaps not exactly the slippery small forward you're after. Guys like Hotton, Reid, Dattoli, Dolan, Davis, Said.

You've raised Unwin who might make a run at it now.

The SA trio of Bradley, Newton and Barrett are all slightly more speculative prospects I think, but I haven't seen enough of them to really judge.

Am I missing anyone obvious?
Cody Angove for one, Ricky Mentha another whilst they might not be talked about as 1st rounders or even 2nd rounders but generally small forwards or small mids/forwards do get drafted even if it's via the rookie draft. i.e. Xavier Ivisic, Josaia Delana, Oliver Depaoli-Kubank (another I like), Will Hayes, Lenny Douglas just some with draft possibilities IMO.

Cody Angove for one, Ricky Mentha another whilst they might not be talked about as 1st rounders or even 2nd rounders but generally small forwards or small mids/forwards do get drafted even if it's via the rookie draft. i.e. Xavier Ivisic, Josaia Delana, Oliver Depaoli-Kubank (another I like), Will Hayes, Lenny Douglas just some with draft possibilities IMO.
I get you, but most of those guys (other than Ivisic I think, but I see him as more of a midfielder) fall into what I meant by late pick smokies.

Its more difficult to prioritize this year given the depth of the pool. There are so many guys that need more attention than I have time in the day. As an example it was pointed out to me that I haven't done much on Tom Gross this year, which is something I probably need to fix, and there are plenty of others in that same boat.

Dattoli and Hamish Davis are probably more urgent than most of the other names I think.

Cooper Hynes continues to strengthen as a top 20 draft candidate. He started the season extremely raw as a midfielder, but his stoppage craft has come a long way since then and he's now capable of some really clean and damaging extractions either by hand or with a bust of speed through traffic. In recent weeks there have been many moments where he's shown how team oriented and unselfish he is, as demonstrated in this game where when presented with a chance to pad his stat sheet with fourth goal he instead handed the ball off to a teammate in the goal square.

I for one support the commentators choice here to embrace the memes and pronounce Jack's surname as "Off" the entire game. Ough is finishing strongly this season, pushing his name up draft boards since he move to a more permanent on ball role. His size and clean hands at ground level are a feature, along with a nice change of direction and tidy disposal.

I for one support the commentators choice here to embrace the memes and pronounce Jack's surname as "Off" the entire game. Ough is finishing strongly this season, pushing his name up draft boards since he move to a more permanent on ball role. His size and clean hands at ground level are a feature, along with a nice change of direction and tidy disposal.

yes put a "H" before "Ough" and what do we get. 100% mate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have to do Gerreyn's big round 18 game. Have you seen either of Hamish Davis' recent league appearances? I'd like to get more of him up on the channel.
Nah, I don't watch much league. It takes me 3 days to watch all the colts games and add up the votes for the 2024, 2025 and 2026 WA years. I have files galore and a trusty calculator. Clancy Dennis (CL) got a national combine invite. From what I'm told, and sometimes I don't know who to trust, he is drafted.

Nah, I don't watch much league. It takes me 3 days to watch all the colts games and add up the votes for the 2024, 2025 and 2026 WA years. I have files galore and a trusty calculator. Clancy Dennis (CL) got a national combine invite. From what I'm told, and sometimes I don't know who to trust, he is drafted.
Interesting, I'll give him a look.

Yep, definitely pronounced ‘ough’ as in plough.
I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

Its allegedly pronounced "Ow" like the thing you say when you hurt yourself.
I knew a bloke Ron Ough quite well from Kialla near Shepparton many years ago and his pronunciation was ÖWH"", come to think of it he could very well be related as in grandfather perhaps given Jack's from Shepp.?

I knew a bloke Ron Ough quite well from Kialla near Shepparton many years ago and his pronunciation was ÖWH"", come to think of it he could very well be related as in grandfather perhaps given Jack's from Shepp.?
Not sure about his grandfather but I know Jack is from Mildura. Could be related though…?

1723163720110.png
It just occurred to me. Why is Murray's team graphic yellow with black writing when they play in back with yellow writing, and Dandenong's graphic is back with yellow writing when they play in yellow with back (brown I guess) writing?

I mean... if you were a neutral and didn't know which team was which beforehand you'd be very confused watching this game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource Noober's Player Videos for 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back