Resource Noober's Player Videos for 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Some nice moments there
I'd seen some people criticising his game before I watched the footage myself so I was a bit surprised at how solid he was. I guess there's a different level of expectation since he's been discussed as a pick 1 contender recently.

Chock full of confidence after his exploits at VFL level, Jagga Smith returned to Talent League play with a bang, racking up over 40 possessions in a dominant display. His craft at stoppage is unmatched at this level, and he used it to drive his chargers team forward throughout the game. He was involved in everything in general play, from helping to rebound out of defense to threading balls onto the chest of leading forward and even snagging a goal himself.

It was a weekend of prolific possession counts in the Talent League and Levi topped the lot at 46 disposals. There was some stat padding for sure with dinky short handballs being flicked around, but Levi always does damage when he find space with his excellent kicking skills, creativity and vision. He was also a presence at stoppage, his shorter stature belying his strength and physical edge able to absorb contact and still get off a clean disposal.

On a weekend where 40 possession games seemed to become the standard, Lalor's modest 22 touches could get overlooked. He was strong and muscular at the contest all game, standing up in tackles or breaking them with a swivel of his hips. He showed a dash of pace to burst clear of congestion, and laced out a number of passes onto the chest of a leading forward, although the kicking was a little bit of a mixed bag as he did miss a few. He's such a powerful and beautifully balanced athlete that he seems to only just be scratching the surface of his potential.

Another prolific performance from a Dragons player on the weekend, this time Luke Trainor who found a stack of the footy rebounding out of defense and using his elite running power to get involved in possession chains through the middle of the ground. His disposal was a little mixed at times, but his overhead marking was strong throughout which should help to quell some of the concerns about that part of his game.

Welsh produced an exciting display of attacking football to help the Crows dismantle Port in the SANFL mini showdown. He struggled early with the ball seeming to not quite bounce his way on a number of occasions, and his frustration led to him giving away some free kicks. A strong tackle and holding the ball free led to the first of his goals which appeared to get him back on track and from there he started to find space on the lead and maximise his opportunities with some dead eye set shot goal kicking.

This was a day out for the Murray tall forwards as they all kicked bags of goals. Jack Whitlock contributed 5 of his own, and showed some interesting form in ruck duels around the ground, overpowering his opponents on a number of occasions to grab the footy and create forward movements or shots on goal. Jack is having a really productive second half of the season, regularly hitting the scoreboard and showing prospective recruiters a glimpse of what he might offer in the future as he matures and develops his game.

Feel free to post this to your own teams draft thread. Given Ollie will likely be a later pick I'm not sure which draft boards will be interested, so I'm just going to leave it here.

----

The bags of goals kept on coming last weekend, with Hannaford snagging a critically important five to help the Rebels get up in a close one against the Chargers. He belied his short stature with some excellent aerial work and was lively when the footy hit the ground. It didn't completely translate into the tackle count but he was excellent with his defensive work rate and pressure acts.

A solid performance from Gross who put in his typical industrious shift, throwing his body in at stoppage and work hard around the ground to create an option for his teammates and apply pressure on the opposition. He played quite a bit in the forward line, and shows real promise there as a disciplined pressure forward and opportunistic goal scorer in the Ben Keays mold.

Feel free to post this to your own teams draft thread. Given Ollie will likely be a later pick I'm not sure which draft boards will be interested, so I'm just going to leave it here.

----

The bags of goals kept on coming last weekend, with Hannaford snagging a critically important five to help the Rebels get up in a close one against the Chargers. He belied his short stature with some excellent aerial work and was lively when the footy hit the ground. It didn't completely translate into the tackle count but he was excellent with his defensive work rate and pressure acts.

I know one that is, at least 1 member of that board anyhow but I think Jeffcrowe likes him some too..;):fire:

A less prolific game statistically from Matt Whitlock but he was just as impressive as his brother Jack in this game. Strong overhead and able to find space on the lead, he was also able to show his proficiency below the knees on several occasions with clean gathers and poise to find the right option.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

noobermensch can I ask for a video off our 2025 boy His El-Adhkar from today?
21 & 5 is a massive game from an underager
Sure thing, but remind me again in a couple of weeks or even once finals are done if that's cool? I'll definitely do it but I'm flooded with games that I have to do this week, and I've been telling people with 2025 prospect requests that I'll get to them after the season/when things wind down a bit.

The 2024's get the priority right now.

A tough game for the Panthers and a tough game for Sid Draper, the first SANFL game this year in which he's struggled to have an impact. He appeared to be put off his game at center bounce early by the bigger and more experienced Glenelg mids that pushed him off his run at the ball. As a result he never really got going, and was eventually moved out of the middle to play off a forward flank in the second half, which starved him of opportunities due to Glenelg's dominance. He still managed one sequence where he burst clear and broke the lines with elite pace and agility before dishing off to create a goal for his teammate.

Remarkably this was Finn's first appearance in the Talent League since the opening game of the season. The Chargers have been a huge disappointment all year, but this was the first time since the first quarter of the opening game that they've had their Rolls Royce of a midfield trio all playing at full capacity and they rolled over the red hot favourites for the Talent League crown. Finn was hugely influential through the middle early before seeming to run out of tickets in the second half and playing largely in the forward line. We're finally getting to see the real Finn O'Sullivan at something approaching full capacity and he looks to be making a late run at pick 1.

As we've seen a number of times this season, Smillie came out in the opening quarter with a frenetic energy and seemed to be everywhere early on finding the footy at will. That energy at times caused him to turn the footy over due to rushed disposal or decision making, but he was overall a big part of Eastern surging out to a significant early lead. He drifted out the game somewhat in the second half, which has become a bit of a trend for him, but overall he still put together a very good game.

Remarkably this was Finn's first appearance in the Talent League since the opening game of the season. The Chargers have been a huge disappointment all year, but this was the first time since the first quarter of the opening game that they've had their Rolls Royce of a midfield trio all playing at full capacity and they rolled over the red hot favourites for the Talent League crown. Finn was hugely influential through the middle early before seeming to run out of tickets in the second half and playing largely in the forward line. We're finally getting to see the real Finn O'Sullivan at something approaching full capacity and he looks to be making a late run at pick 1.

Kids a star in the making.

Jagga might just have silenced those suggesting his game doesn't have enough hurt factor. The possession count might have been a bit lower this week (only 33!) but this was one of the most damaging performances Jagga has produced this season. Rather than taking the first release option at stoppage he looked to turn the corner and use his pace to exit the front, to spot up a kick to a forward or release a teammate with hands to run into the forward 50. He kicked two goals of his own, and directly assisted three more.

Unfortunately no sound on the source broadcast.

Just when I think the race for pick 1 couldn't get any messier, we get a performance like this from Lalor. As powerful and dynamic a contested game as I've seen this year. He won his own footy at stoppage, took contested intercept marks around the ground, layed bumps and tackles. He was an unstoppable beast all game, although his kicking was a little more wayward than usual.

Unfortunately no sound on the source broadcast.

Just when I think the race for pick 1 couldn't get any messier, we get a performance like this from Lalor. As powerful and dynamic a contested game as I've seen this year. He won his own footy at stoppage, took contested intercept marks around the ground, layed bumps and tackles. He was an unstoppable beast all game, although his kicking was a little more wayward than usual.

Degoey 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource Noober's Player Videos for 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back