Official Club Stuff Norf supporters say the darndest things

Remove this Banner Ad

While I'm well aware of just how Jekyll and Hyde Waite cane be, I somehow think that makes him a good fit!

In all seriousness though, if we'd had him available even this year for a few games, he would have done better than a few of our cardboard cut outs. I don't expect him to be a world beater, but we've had some terribly inconsistent/injured forwards this year, if he can pass a medical and stay fit, he'd offer some decent depth at worst, going forward (bdum tish). Ok, actual worst case scenario is that we pay him a 500K a year for 3 years, and he plays 2 games, but hey at least our team might finally have the potential to get in the top 4!

That's the issue though, Waite isn't the guy that takes you the next step. Carlton have wasted the last 5 years thinking that he was.

Black and Daw haven't come on as you hoped, but at least you know now. Waite is also a known quantity, he's inconsistent, injury prone, undisciplined, and 31.

That's the issue though, Waite isn't the guy that takes you the next step. Carlton have wasted the last 5 years thinking that he was.

Black and Daw haven't come on as you hoped, but at least you know now. Waite is also a known quantity, he's inconsistent, injury prone, undisciplined, and 31.

Like most clubs who are trying to make ground in and into the 8, the biggest issue is whether the younger players are able to deliver on their potential. I'll agree that Daw arguably hasn't; while his physical attributes are pretty darn good, he just doesn't have anywhere enough game sense, and as a result the team suffers. Black I'm undecided on, supposedly his shoulder has been buggered for a few months, but thats no excuse for the lack of intensity he has shown at times; he does have the upside of still being young in KPP terms though. I'm more concerned about our midfielders and on-field leadership TBH, and I suspect we'll learn a bit this weekend in a cuthroat game without Boomer.

As for Waite, I'm undecided. I think that IF some of the younger players (especially some of the mids and black) can improve, then I think he could be an asset. I wouldn't expect him to be a regular in our team, but if he can cover injuries, and let us rest some of our KPP (including backs) then he could be a big pickup. I do agree that he wont be the guy to make us or break us though. But if we get him as a free agent, and he doesn't take up much cap space, then he could be considered a free hit. I didn't think Nahas would improve us at all, but with harper unfit/out-of-form, and Garner having his leg amputated, he proved to be influential in a couple of wins.

While I'm well aware of just how Jekyll and Hyde Waite cane be, I somehow think that makes him a good fit!

In all seriousness though, if we'd had him available even this year for a few games, he would have done better than a few of our cardboard cut outs. I don't expect him to be a world beater, but we've had some terribly inconsistent/injured forwards this year, if he can pass a medical and stay fit, he'd offer some decent depth at worst, going forward (bdum tish). Ok, actual worst case scenario is that we pay him a 500K a year for 3 years, and he plays 2 games, but hey at least our team might finally have the potential to get in the top 4!
Cool, well while your waiting for Wait to come good, help yourself to Watts as well. At least hell never get injured in a contest

That's ok, I'm sure under the steady hand of Boomer he can fix his discipline issues.

Oh, wait...

Let's get back on track:

Errrrr right cause Norf are a powerhouse. Lol.

And regarding that thread:

Lol Norf
Well the Dogs calling us a minnow club would be like Kenya calling Sierra Leone a poor country, or Stewy Dew calling Boomer's missers fat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha, maybe too steep of a comparison.

We are more like the Everton to your Tranmere Rovers.
Association football comparisons are wasted on me.

Regardless, you can make as many as you want, but objectively, everyone else just sees it like this. :)
tumblr_lwqafrqASi1r4gei2o1_250.gif
tumblr_lwqafrqASi1r4gei2o2_250.gif

Lol. Dude, of the Vic clubs Norf, Bullies and Saints wallow at the bottom end of the pool. Know your place.
Not really. The Bullies and Saints combined have only half of our total number flags, and both have less members.

And if Melbourne isn't "wallowing" at the moment then I don't know who is.

I think the most tragic part isn't the shared delusion of success, it's the little hierarchy they see themselves as a part of.

"Hey, we'll take that crap from Collingwood/Hawthorn supporters, but not from Footscray supporters, we're above them! We are, we swear!"

It's like a code of the schoolyard type of deal. They follow the bullies around so they don't get their lunch money taken off them, and then they yell obscenities at the other kids.

I think the most tragic part isn't the shared delusion of success, it's the little hierarchy they see themselves as a part of.

"Hey, we'll take that crap from Collingwood/Hawthorn supporters, but not from Footscray supporters, we're above them! We are, we swear!"

It's like a code of the schoolyard type of deal. They follow the bullies around so they don't get their lunch money taken off them, and then they yell obscenities at the other kids.
Lol, it's you flogs who follow us around mate. We really don't give two shits about you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Club Stuff Norf supporters say the darndest things

Remove this Banner Ad

Back