North and Richmond are exactly the same

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, they're both 8-10 sides at best. Meanwhile teams like the bombers seem to be flying under the radar: they look a shoe in for the eight and potential top 4 smokies at the moment.

I did a ladder predictor before and had Richmond 9th (unintentional). They need to snag a few against top 8 teams if they want to sneak in.

Slowly developing. Very slowly.

Both wipe the bottom 8 off the map.

Yet it only takes 15 minutes from a contender and both wilt.

The different win-loss records are simply a reflection of the fact Richmond had a soft 3 weeks.

Both sides are a long way off at the moment.

Beat Hawthorn by 10 goals.
Beat Sydney by 5 goals.

Worse than Fitzroy three years ago, now being criticised for not knocking off a likely grand finalist. Speak for your own club.

Beat Sydney by 5 goals.

Worse than Fitzroy three years ago, now being criticised for not knocking off a likely grand finalist. Speak for your own club.

So what.. we did the same with Collingwood and Adelaide last year. There is nothing between the two sides and both are simply not consistent enough yet.

It's ordinary when you hang your hat on us getting beat by a top 4 side :thumbsdown: then again, a lot of people that barrack for those mid range teams like us will sleep better tonight now that we got beat. Even if thier teams get rolled, that's sad :(

So what.. we did the same with Collingwood and Adelaide last year. There is nothing between the two sides and both are simply not consistent enough yet.

Was replying to the stupid "one half against a decent team and they wilt" bullshit. Never said they weren't about the same, just calling out his two dumbshit comments.

Beat Sydney by 5 goals.

*Sigh*

Beat Adelaide, Geelong and Collingwood.

Bottom four, no talent side propped up by ageing stars three years ago, now being criticised for not knocking off a likely grand finalist.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

*Sigh*

Beat Adelaide, Geelong and Collingwood.

Bottom four, no talent side propped up by ageing stars three years ago, now being criticised for not knocking off a likely grand finalist.

I never said they weren't on the same level, I said what OP said about Richmond is bullshit. Stop being so touchy.

We are nothing like Richmond, we haven't had access to the cream of the talent pool.

One of the reasons I've a bit of respect for North, probably my fav vic team. I think they have done well on-field with what they've got and play an exciting brand of footy. But to be honest, I think Richmond are better situated at the moment wiht the players they've got.

We are nothing like Richmond, we haven't had access to the cream of the talent pool.

What picks were Cunnington, Hansen, Wells, Ziebell drafted from?

You make out like North have never gotten high picks, but aren't all these guys top 10, three of them top five?

Slowly developing. Very slowly.

Both wipe the bottom 8 off the map.

Yet it only takes 15 minutes from a contender and both wilt.

The different win-loss records are simply a reflection of the fact Richmond had a soft 3 weeks.

Both sides are a long way off at the moment.

Richmond are so much more likeable.
Great song, good colours and great supporters.
They also have a hell of lot more supporters.
For a team finishing 9th so many times, they dont have the North
chip on there shoulders mentality.
Great club.
North not so much.

What picks were Cunnington, Hansen, Wells, Ziebell drafted from?

You make out like North have never gotten high picks, but aren't all these guys top 10, three of them top five?

We traded Carey for Wells, we didn't get him for just losing a lot of games. Cunnington was pick 5, Hansen was pick 4 from memory. There is a chasm between the first few players and the next batch. Deledio pick #1, Cotchin pick #2 and Martin pick #3, that is cream of the crop access, even if you forget about the priority picks and their early picks they have wasted. They still have had access to a lot better talent.

Cunnington is in the ballpark of someone like Conca who was taken at pick 6.

I am pretty happy with the players we have, but would have loved to have access to the cream of the crop, our only access to a top 3 has been trading one of the best players of all time to get him, granted he was well past his prime, but I haven't really seen North hit the skids in my lifetime, if we win less than 7 games a coach is usually sacked. Our teams are light years apart in terms of in my lifetime how they have gone about things and how they have reached this point. I don't like comparing us to them. Other than both having to turn over a lot of players in the last few years there are no similarities.

Remove this Banner Ad

North and Richmond are exactly the same

Remove this Banner Ad

Back