North and Richmond are exactly the same

Remove this Banner Ad

You also played the Giants and Bulldogs twice.

And yeah you beat them last year. Richmond had a run of close losses and North was one of them.

The thread is about this year.
It is. But I replied to your claim that our so-called soft draw was the only reason we were ahead of the Tigers last year. But we were established in the 8 after round 20. Playing GWS in round 22 wasn't the reason we made the 8 ahead of Richmond last year.

If they make the 8 ahead of us this year, it won't be because of the draw, it will be because of how well the two teams perform, compared to each other.

We are.

Please don't compare us to Melbourne, we are nothing like that soulless club, we can actually develop players, it's a reason why we have we've gone from 'as bad as Fitzroy' to possible finals in the space of 3 years.

Right, I'll bring Melbourne up just briefly based on this comment. A shift in recent form doesn't mean you've had any more significant recent success than us. Quite the opposite. Which of our clubs has had the 'soul' to play in final series more over the past decades? Which of us made a Grand Final more recently?

Soulless club? We're in possibly our worst period ever, but still have over 30,000 members, many of whom turn up week in and week out. We don't burn our memberships and our club is doing what it can to climb out of this rot. Pull your head in and come to back to reality....it's tough here, but all we've got. I'm assuming you're very upset that the reality of your club's progression/state of development was highlighted yesterday....don't throw cheap insults at others though. Not on the main forum anyway. Off to the bay.

Slowly developing. Very slowly.

Both wipe the bottom 8 off the map.

Yet it only takes 15 minutes from a contender and both wilt.

The different win-loss records are simply a reflection of the fact Richmond had a soft 3 weeks.

Both sides are a long way off at the moment.

North = most underrated team in AFL. Have done a lot with a little. Respect.

Yeah, I love North as a club. For most of the past couple decades, North & Richmond have been opposites: we've eaten our own at every opportunity and been mired at the bottom of the ladder, while North have turned pennies into premierships. What they've done with no priority draft picks and very little money is spectacular.

Their supporters are some of the biggest morons on here, but they have done a lot with very little. I agree. Something about their team just isn't clicking properly though.

These posts are really a load of rubbish, I don't see any similarities between the clubs, Richmond has had a horror 30 years as everyone knows and it was self inflicted, we are only now digging out of the hole we buried ourselves in back in the 80's and 90's, North have fought against adversity to still have some good success in that period, the only similarity between us is that we are both probably vying for the best spot we can get between 6th and 10th this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

North and Richmond are exactly the same

Remove this Banner Ad

Back