North and Richmond are exactly the same

Remove this Banner Ad

Thread derailment in 3....2.....1

Don't think our teams are similar at all to be honest. Richmond have been more impressive that us this season but today was a good reality check (for both the team and certain supporters).

Agree - as a RFC fan, I'm not so much disappointed at the result but moreso the manner we played. We lost to a better team but we also didn't play anywhere near to our best stuff. I think Collingwood were able to handle the occasion better and hopefully we can learn from it. It should give the players, fans, coaches and hopefully the media (who keep pumping us up!) that we are not the finished article just yet and there is still a lot of work to do.

I just love a good old North bash... :rolleyes:
Classy, Bigfooty. Classy.
That's the difference in the respective clubs supporters right there. North have the downtrodden ' we always get picked on, we're the victim' mentality'. The tigers fans have taken their beatings and keep coming back for more, threatening all hell will break loose when they get their shit together one day.

Richmond are so much more likeable.
Great song, good colours and great supporters.
They also have a hell of lot more supporters.
For a team finishing 9th so many times, they dont have the North
chip on there shoulders mentality.
Great club.
North not so much.
North had a few more premierships in the age of colour television.

It's ordinary when you hang your hat on us getting beat by a top 4 side :thumbsdown: then again, a lot of people that barrack for those mid range teams like us will sleep better tonight now that we got beat. Even if thier teams get rolled, that's sad :(
Carlton and Essendon won and North hasnt played yet.

That's the difference in the respective clubs supporters right there. North have the downtrodden ' we always get picked on, we're the victim' mentality'. The tigers fans have taken their beatings and keep coming back for more, threatening all hell will break loose when they get their shit together one day.
No we cop shit for being sexy one week and mediocre the next. This year its in halves.
You guys are just plain used to it.

Do you prefer corn, grain or potato chips...

You appear to have one on your shoulder

victim.jpg

In all seriousness there isn't much separating the sides. North have looked good against three top sides but ultimately failed and Richmond beat three poor sides and ultimately failed their only test to date.

Richmond's list would appear to be more advanced but in another 12 months it wouldn't surprise me to see North edge ahead. Both teams still have an awful lot to prove.

Will be interesting to watch both teams develop, good things may happen in the next few years.

I still have North ahead of Richmond in terms of where they are at currently however expecting both teams will surprise in the years to come.

Richmond's best is better than North's best.
Richmond's worst is worse than North's worst.

I remember when Melbourne was in this 'who is better?' debate between these three teams and alot of people (including myself) thought that Melbourne would be the better of the three.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember when Melbourne was in this 'who is better?' debate between these three teams and alot of people (including myself) thought that Melbourne would be the better of the three.
At no point, even with my intense dislike of North, did I see Melbourne rising above them at any point soon after 2009.

With regards to the OP, and a couple of indignant responses; what have Richmond done in the past few years that show they're clearly above North?

Slowly developing. Very slowly.

Both wipe the bottom 8 off the map.

Yet it only takes 15 minutes from a contender and both wilt.

The different win-loss records are simply a reflection of the fact Richmond had a soft 3 weeks.

Both sides are a long way off at the moment.

You're not making any grand statements though. At the start of the year most pundits would have them 7-12. They are good enough to win a lot of games against their peers but not good enough to snag many wins against top six sides.

At no point, even with my intense dislike of North, did I see Melbourne rising above them at any point soon after 2009.

With regards to the OP, and a couple of indignant responses; what have Richmond done in the past few years that show they're clearly above North?

Take away a couple of heartbreaking losses and take away Norths charity draw from 2012 and both sides would have been dead even. Richmond are improving more quickly than North.

The head to head game(s?) will be interesting. Could decide which of the two makes the eight.

Take away a couple of heartbreaking losses and take away Norths charity draw from 2012 and both sides would have been dead even. Richmond are improving more quickly than North.

Remains to be seen. As for the draw, we beat Richmond when we played them and we defeated more teams in total than they did. They have also gone 15th, 12th, 12th compared to us 9th, 9th, 8th. Hardly improving much faster.

Take away a couple of heartbreaking losses and take away Norths charity draw from 2012 and both sides would have been dead even.
We DID win the one game played between the 2 teams last year.

But you're right, we only got past them because of a soft draw, we got to play Gold Coast twice, whereas the Tigers........oh, wait. ;)

We DID win the one game played between the 2 teams last year.

But you're right, we only got past them because of a soft draw, we got to play Gold Coast twice, whereas the Tigers........oh, wait. ;)

You also played the Giants and Bulldogs twice.

And yeah you beat them last year. Richmond had a run of close losses and North was one of them.

The thread is about this year.

Slowly developing. Very slowly.

Both wipe the bottom 8 off the map.

Yet it only takes 15 minutes from a contender and both wilt.

The different win-loss records are simply a reflection of the fact Richmond had a soft 3 weeks.

Both sides are a long way off at the moment.

I thought April fools day had passed?

You also played the Suns and Bulldogs twice.

And yeah you beat them last year. Richmond had a run of close losses and North was one of them.

The thread is about this year.

and they got Port and Melbourne twice

go through their wins last year and you can rank them as

Impressive: 2 HAW/SYD
Shaky: 2 ST.K (who played no Ruckman and had a 40 less hit outs), Ess (after all the pings, coburg could have beat them)
Not Impressive: The other 6 wins

Norths would go

Impressive: Geelong/Collingwood/Adelaide
Above Average: Richmond/Carlton/St Kilda
Shaky: Essendon
Not Impressive: Our other 7 wins

so 6 wins to 7 against bottom 6 sides
2 wins to 1 against good sides in poor circumstances
0 wins to 3 against good sides
2 wins to 3 against great sides

Remove this Banner Ad

North and Richmond are exactly the same