North Central Football League - Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North Central Football League

How would Straight trades for finals with the Wimmera go? Completely Neutral... no bias whatsoever...

We all know ALL north central umpires have their favorites within the NCFL, as they would, at one point, they either played or supported a club...... Some show it on the field, some dont...

Goodridge - Whoevers Playing St Arnaud lol
Zsigmond - Lives/Played for St Arnaud
Wilton - Has Wyche Connections, and lives in St Arnaud (but doesn't umpire St Arnaud)
McHugh/Burge - Both Wedd Lads...
etc etc...

The only real neutral ones, are the mallee guys

Interesting discussion guys.

I played in the north central back in the Leichville Gunbower Days, and there were a few dodgy umpires back then.

Whos this Zigmond guy? The one that has the winery down redbank way?

been keeping an eye on the scores and ladder and stuff, i know a few guys down donald and st arnaud way, but its been a while since ive been down there.

i see donald were premiers last year. and wooden spooners this year. what caused this?

been keeping an eye on the scores and ladder and stuff, i know a few guys down donald and st arnaud way, but its been a while since ive been down there.

i see donald were premiers last year. and wooden spooners this year. what caused this?

losing 8 or so top liners wouldn't help especially clark rhodes & fraser.

the strength of Donald is directly linked to there ability to pay!

Travelled down to see the Boort vs Birchip game...then found myself at the wrong ground... luckily i was there nice and early. I see where you are coming from master, Goodridge was iffy all day

Congratulations to Daniel Needs who played his 200th senior, and club game for St Arnaud Today.

10 goals...
Best on Ground!

GREAT EFFORT!!

The Saints Are Coming... TO September!

Congratulations to Daniel Needs who played his 200th senior, and club game for St Arnaud Today.

10 goals...
Best on Ground!

GREAT EFFORT!!

Well done Daniel Needs on playing your 200 games, this guy would be in the top 10 NCFL players ever.

I pitty the poor rabbit that lines up on him in next weekends final. The cream always rises to the top and Needsy loves the big stage. If i could offer any advise to the guy that get's the job on him, remember this : keep off the tracks when the train is coming:

Rock, could you find out the number of games from the 200 that were not played with 30 can's of beer being drunk on the Friday night before the game??:)

The Saints Are Coming... TO September![/quote]

good effort to make the finals by the saints ROC but will they venture passed the first week? big job ahead charlton have hit form at the right time. look out wedderburn, a little patchy of late. the chip for the cup is my tip.
to my old mates at boort bad luck on no finals action, was a pity it came down to the last game, dropped a couple earlier WYCH would have been penciled in was a W. luck to the boort under 16 & 13 boys, future looking bright.

How would Straight trades for finals with the Wimmera go? Completely Neutral... no bias whatsoever...

We all know ALL north central umpires have their favorites within the NCFL, as they would, at one point, they either played or supported a club...... Some show it on the field, some dont...

Goodridge - Whoevers Playing St Arnaud lol
Zsigmond - Lives/Played for St Arnaud
Wilton - Has Wyche Connections, and lives in St Arnaud (but doesn't umpire St Arnaud)
McHugh/Burge - Both Wedd Lads...
etc etc...

The only real neutral ones, are the mallee guys

Nothing has changed in thirty years. The last time I ran in the whites, in the NCFL, even the home town winged. Perhaps if those who winge could put down the VB glasses and put a whistle in thier mouths and become umpires, then this forum wouldn't be clogged with useless posts.

want to improve it, become an umpire or pull your head in.:D:D:D

Nothing has changed in thirty years. The last time I ran in the whites, in the NCFL, even the home town winged. Perhaps if those who winge could put down the VB glasses and put a whistle in thier mouths and become umpires, then this forum wouldn't be clogged with useless posts.

want to improve it, become an umpire or pull your head in.:D:D:D
Agreed fomoco. It is becoming a real problem by the look of it. The standard at the Wedderburn-Charlton game on Saturday was very disappointing.

I think Roc's idea of having the Wimmera guys in the finals isnt a bad one. Some fresh faces who are there just to umpire without prior knowledge of anyone or anything in our comp. Unfortunately there is no chance of this happening.

Its easy for sides to say that the umpiring is bad, when they lose. Looking back through posts, whistleblower has only complained about the umpiring on 2/3 occasions. this week and the game against wycheproof up there.

but when the situation is, how master outlined it. There is a bad smell coming from somewhere

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you've completely misunderstood what fomoco is trying to say there whistle blower. It is absolutely pointless to get on here and start bagging out the umpires in this league. None of the umpires are deliberately biased, and to get on here and complain is completely riduculous.

Interesting to note the form of the 4 finalists. If you to through the final round (everyone played each other once), this is how it stacks up.

Wedderburn - 3-3
Birchip - 6-0
Charlton - 3-3
St.Arnaud - 3-3

Thought I'd throw it out there for those who want to know, Grub Bish won the Geoff Fawcett medal (Wyche/Narra's senior B+F) Saturday night, With George Allan runners up, and Josh White coming third, its back to back B+F's for the ginger ninja. David Rumbold won Tom Turner Medal (Wyche/Narra's reserves B+F) in a very close race, Rumby was only 1 vote clear from runner up Chris Duffy, sorry got no idea of the exact numbers had sampled a few to many beverages by the time all this excitement happened.

Thought I'd throw it out there for those who want to know, Grub Bish won the Geoff Fawcett medal (Wyche/Narra's senior B+F) Saturday night, With George Allan runners up, and Josh White coming third, its back to back B+F's for the ginger ninja. David Rumbold won Tom Turner Medal (Wyche/Narra's reserves B+F) in a very close race, Rumby was only 1 vote clear from runner up Chris Duffy, sorry got no idea of the exact numbers had sampled a few to many beverages by the time all this excitement happened.

Well done on Rumby for winning his club b&f..

Its easy for sides to say that the umpiring is bad, when they lose. Looking back through posts, whistleblower has only complained about the umpiring on 2/3 occasions. this week and the game against wycheproof up there.

but when the situation is, how master outlined it. There is a bad smell coming from somewhere
I'm not complaining about it. I know all too well what a tough job it is and how hard it is to find guys. I was just disappointed in the standard. Take on board your comments that i've only mentioned it when the Redbacks have lost, but by no means am i blaming the loss on them.

Don't think i misunderstood fomoco's comments. I read it as him saying that more guys need to get out there and have a go at it - thats where my agreeance came from. Not sure where i mentioned anyone being biased. But i agree, bagging them on here is not the answer. Wouldnt have thought i had done that. I would just like to see the league taking more measures to ensure a high standard.

Interesting to read those form lines though redragger. The games I've seen over the past few weeks Birchip certainly seems the form side. Charlton, St Arnaud and Wedderburn have too many dangerous guys to write-off just yet though.

If the ncfl had more guys out there, then st arnud wouldn't have had the problem that master eluded to a while ago, where he claims that they have had the same umpire 5 times in a row.

but if they did still have that problem even with the extra umpires, well it would be obvious that theres something wrong.

If the ncfl had more guys out there, then st arnud wouldn't have had the problem that master eluded to a while ago, where he claims that they have had the same umpire 5 times in a row.

but if they did still have that problem even with the extra umpires, well it would be obvious that theres something wrong.
The problem is the lack of numbers. Its simple. More umpires would increase the standard (competition for senior games, guidance/assessment etc). If any of us knew how to entice people into umpiring we wouldnt be sitting here.

The umpiring standard in this league has declined in standard quicker than the playing standard of the league.
Has anyone seen Turkey Fithall umpire the 2's. Fair Dinkum, some of his decisions you would swear he has been on a Benny Cousins bender.
I can remember when a cadet VFL umpire from Melbourne used to get delivered to NCFL games in a taxi. The little pip squeaks werent the bee knees but they had a 100 yards on the dog vomit that is dished up these days.

The umpiring standard in this league has declined in standard quicker than the playing standard of the league.
Has anyone seen Turkey Fithall umpire the 2's. Fair Dinkum, some of his decisions you would swear he has been on a Benny Cousins bender.
I can remember when a cadet VFL umpire from Melbourne used to get delivered to NCFL games in a taxi. The little pip squeaks werent the bee knees but they had a 100 yards on the dog vomit that is dished up these days.

Ahhh yes the good old cadet umpires, now that takes the memory back a bit... Back in the old days where the umpires used to bounce the ball as well..

Just a side note it was interesting to watch Loddon Valley Finals on the weekend and in the senior game they had 3 central umpires umpiring, which was for me something quite different.

10 goals...
Best on Ground!

GREAT EFFORT!!

Congrats on St Arnaud making the finals for the first time since 03. Can you tell me how many handballs Needs had on Saturday and how many he has dished out in the 200 games plus the 17 practice matches he has played? Shouldnt take you long.

You got a problem with the 99 Grand Final???

Probably has something to do with Donald Hosting it instead of playing in it :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back