North Melbourne 2km Time Trial

Remove this Banner Ad

aggotwang

Team Captain
Nov 1, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The boys just had their 2km time trial down at Lakeside Stadium Albert Park.

Sam Gibson a massive stand out blitzing the field in 5.58. Great effort getting under 6min.

Bastinac, Greenwood and Sierakowski the chasers.

Goldstein looked very fit and stong and impressed me alot.

Notible ones a long long way back. Adams, Cunnington and McMahon.

Big E (Eric) as they call him, was more like Eric the Eel jogging (nearly walking) in 9.13.
Unfortunately not up to the standard... which is prob what you would expect from a Basketball burst player.

Any other questions on players let me know.

He needs to work on his kicking.

Tends to pull out the 9 Iron, when the 6 would be more appropriate.He is a ridiculous runner though, some of his gut running this season put some of our other blokes to shame.

Wasn't expecting miracles from Cunnington & Ziebell as they are never going to be fantastic endurance athletes, but it sure is surprising given the focus that we hear is on endurance that these 2 guys aren't killing it.

How'd the young guys go? Any freaks?

not good for Cunnigton... Has he improved his time trials since being at the club?

2km time trial is never going to be his strongest suit. Most of the guys with excellent endurance would run a 2km run at full pace. I think his 3km or 3.2km times would have improved significantly.

Good too see Greenwood back in amongst the front runners where he belongs! I am expecting a big season from him. We really really need his big mature body when it comes down to the crunch of it. May release ziebell to play a role where he can utuilise his kicking a bit more.

Those who don't have Gibbo in the their best 22 are crazy. If he can lower his eyes when kicking 40+ metres he will be huge for us next year. Hopefully he can balance his game a bit more next year and win a bit more inside ball!

Tends to pull out the 9 Iron, when the 6 would be more appropriate.He is a ridiculous runner though, some of his gut running this season put some of our other blokes to shame.

He probably can't release by hand often because there are bugger all blokes that can run with him.

I'm very happy about the things Sammy Gibson has brought to the club.

Thanks for the report. Love footy news from the track watchers this time of the year.

Was tough to spot most of them out there. Couldn't spot Jacobs but Hine ran well.
McGenniss (I think) was up in the top 6-8

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers for the report aggotwang.

Did Lachie Hansen have a run?

Sure did mate.
Would have been in the mid to front half of the pack.
Looked quite good actually.
Drew looked comfortable without setting the world on fire.
Robbie warmed up but didnt see him run.
Cheers man.

not good for Cunnigton... Has he improved his time trials since being at the club?
Second proper preseason and all that.

He will never be a great runner but as long as he keeps on improving on his previous times he should be alright.

He's a midfielder, he has to run. He will never be a top-shelf mid if his endurance is sub-par.

Agree 100% with that.

Cunners needs to lift in this area as well, but as Tron said if he is improving that is a positive sign.

Would you say that about Jobe Watson?

He's a clearance player. His primary goal is to win and clear the ball.

I doubt he'll be a career midfielder anyway..
Didn't Jobe's career take off after he shed some kilo's and imporved his endurance? You still have to get to a contest before you can win the ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

North Melbourne 2km Time Trial

Remove this Banner Ad

Back