Podcast North Podcasts

Remove this Banner Ad

The best of the lot is Hashtag Kangaroos - Sensible talk with a little bit of fun.
Dean is the host and knows his stuff. This is the best of the lot. Sunday to review the previous game with Jesse, mark and Frank - these guys are legends. And on a Thursday night with Siobhan she knows her stuff.

North Pod is pretty good and sensible, knows his stuff.

Further North is not bad- but the host is young, seems like he mainly remembers the bad times and seems as though thats been ingrained into him so is Negative Most of the time. Marnie is on the show with him on the Sunday/Monday and she's pretty good and positive most of time. She keeps Josh on the straight and narrow.

He Bagged the hell out of Xerri all last year, bagged Corr all last year Bloke needs to watch a lot more football, but he's young so can't blame him in a way. Also does a show on a Friday where he gets an opposition podcaster on the show the team we play that week to discuss the up coming game, and most of the time is very submissive to that podcaster. In saying this I can see where he's coming from .But not a bad podcast.

The Shinboner Podcast - Yeah/nah

Also enjoy Further North, they have remained balanced and positive through the first half of this season and the game reviews are quite good.
Positive? When? Bagged Xerri all last year. Now he's made him eat his words, and has done a turn around but still nit picks the negatives. He's submissive to the opposition podcaster guest he has on, and tells them how bad we are.
But has improved on his positivity lately- I can understand in a way hes young ( under 30, late 20's), has mostly seen the bad times

Positive? When? Bagged Xerri all last year. Now he's made him eat his words, and has done a turn around but still nit picks the negatives. He's submissive to the opposition podcaster guest he has on, and tells them how bad we are.
But has improved on his positivity lately- I can understand in a way hes young ( under 30, late 20's), has mostly seen the bad times
I did actually say first half of this year! I didn’t listen to it last year so no comment on that.

Each to their own mate, Dean has too many “yeah nahs” and “ummmms” for my liking.

I think it’s great that supporters give these podcasts a crack anyway. Could not have been easy the last few years.

I did actually say first half of this year! I didn’t listen to it last year so no comment on that.

Each to their own mate, Dean has too many “yeah nahs” and “ummmms” for my liking.

I think it’s great that supporters give these podcasts a crack anyway. Could not have been easy the last few years.
They're the 3 I listen too - all passionate about North in their own way.
Always Liste on my way to and from work. These podcasts are certainly a hell of a lot better then any drivel on SEN, Triple M, 3AW Etc.

Dean is Good- ( Im from the same Era and aorund the same age as him, so understand and relate to where he's coming) he can remember the good times and bad from, where as Josh is Under 30 ( or late 20's) so he's seen the majority of the sh!t North stuff. But its good getting their perspectives.

I don't find Dean to be the best speaker/host but he does okay keeping things moving and has assorted a good cast of guests with their own strengths. I think Siobhan is very well spoken and has a sensible, critical attitude to assessing the team.

Even in today's further north podcast Josh was sour over our loss lol

I get it though, everyone processes shit differently
I'm 33 (I think Josh is 29), but I fully understand the negativity expressed by Josh, because let's face it: apart from the last 3 weeks - there hasn't been a lot to be positive about.

Even last week and this week, as positive as they've been, have also been just as disappointing in different ways.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm 33 (I think Josh is 29), but I fully understand the negativity expressed by Josh, because let's face it: apart from the last 3 weeks - there hasn't been a lot to be positive about.

Even last week and this week, as positive as they've been, have also been just as disappointing in different ways.

I can relate to Josh's take at the start - I've absolutely loved our trajectory over the past month and am super excited about footy again, but we were less than 1 goal total away from being 3-0 since the bye. That's nuts. A lot to be proud about, but the wins were just so close. It does hurt, especially with player retention on the line; though I'm probably oversimplifying things in that said players almost certainly care more about the team's form in general than cold, hard W's from where we are on the ladder.

Fortunately I feel like I can now safely assess that three close games in a row against teams from different spots on the ladder isn't a coincidence and there's a lot to be excited about. I'm ready for the next pressure release of a win however!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back