Game Day North v Bulldogs good Friday match 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see Cunners playing a fair bit as a false key forward as it were, especially with Walker almost certainly in defence.

He's about 10 cm too short to be a true KPF, but he's brilliant overhead, he has an instinctive understanding of forward craft and leading patterns, he kicks straight and he's all but impossible to shift when he's planted his legs to take position

Last edited:
We will probably get whacked today, though hopefully after the Jonathan Brown comments and Bob Murphy's massive drool over Bontompelli in yesterday's Age - comparing him to Jesus Christ - the boys are ultra motivated and go out and "crucify" them. (Instead the umpires will probably do that to us.)

But I'm just going along, thrilled in the knowledge that Cunners is back, to join Jed's return last week and make our midfield walk a bit taller.

And I am especially thrilled that our future star, Will Phillips will make his debut today to join Powell and Lazzaro from last years draft.

How good is that we have three boys from the 2020 Draft in the team already?

Go North.

I suspect he kept his spot because no rational football analyst would can a 215 game player for one bizarre night out.

Ben Cunnington got completely tagged out of a game once, so I dunno why he's in the team either.
Well he hasn't been for a year maybe that's got something to do with it.

Eternally grateful to the Royal Children's Hospital staff who patched up my boys hands after falling into a fire at Easter 10 years ago. He was in extreme pain as were many other kids even worse off, but they all showed so much courage.

Best wishes to anyone out there with loved ones not doing too well today and needing care. Hope they get through ok.

It's a beautiful sunny Melbourne day, we can go to the footy and watch our team, and support kick for the kids as well...so an extra great day.

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app

I can see Cunners playing a fair bit as a false key forward as it were, especially with Walker almost certainly in defence.

He's about 10 cm too short to be a true KPF, but he's brilliant overhead, he has an instinctive understanding of forward craft and leading patterns, he kicks straight and he's all but impossible to shift when he's planted his legs to take position

Can be an effective improvised option on a wet day when tall blokes are not likely to impact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Small caps "good" Friday has me unnecessarily bothered.

Our fitness staff I'm getting concerned about. Injuries each year are driving me insane (If I wasn't already).

North by 1 with Will Phillips to kick the winner after the siren.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back