Game Day North vs Deez (round 15)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it actually delusional to think that looking at the team line ups tonight, we actually look like the stronger team?
If we play like we did last week and they play like they have been, it’s fair. But that’s a couple of decent sized ifs.

If we play like we did last week and they play like they have been, it’s fair. But that’s a couple of decent sized ifs.
My biggest if is we bring that relentless pressure as we have the past 2 weeks.
Something tells me the GoDees would have seen our biggest improvement “pressure” & they will go & match it even harder first .
Time will tell . I have confidence in our lads ! Go North !!

Honestly if we run it out like we did last week after the start we had I don’t know if other team runs us down.
We played 2 quarters last week of football that was ridiculously good.

If we play another 15 minutes of that football and we win more than we lose.

However we have a sample size of one.

I’m not getting too excited to honest . I’ll be attending with my Dees supporting mum and brother. They’re a bit nervous.
Yeh copping a lot of well meaning "you'll smash us" from dees mates.

This is the exact sort of game we'd be gutted open for all to see during the Laidley and Scott eras - the prime time, meaningful opponent - where we're either favourite or carrying an unusually high amount of positive sentiment.

Shall be interesting.

Prediction: Nick Daicos by 12 frees

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big X vs Gawn will be a ripper.

A win is definitely possible but I'm not confident. Lot of veteran players in that team still and after last week they're not just going to be shrugging their shoulders taking it easy thinking that we'll just implode after 15 minutes.

Stephens should just about have a dedicated camera on him. MCG wing is his time to shine, and I'm hoping he finally delivers.

Big X vs Gawn will be a ripper.

A win is definitely possible but I'm not confident. Lot of veteran players in that team still and after last week they're not just going to be shrugging their shoulders taking it easy thinking that we'll just implode after 15 minutes.

Stephens should just about have a dedicated camera on him. MCG wing is his time to shine, and I'm hoping he finally delivers.
It's intriguing how the ruck will go.

Tristan has certainly started manhandling 2nd string or lighter on/more "touch" based opponents.

Gawn, Nankervis etc- the solid competitors - that'll be interesting.

Noting Gawn is much more than that. For years the Gawn love shat me, couldn't work why he was even rated in the same conversation as Goldstein.

But his career has shown he was able to produce a level of leadership, fight and presence to go with his skill that probably trumped Goldstein's pure ruck craft.

just hope the drop off doesn't come after last few weeks. hunt like lions on heat.. they are gettable… 😉
cant wait to see both dawsons, lougie, durrs and mercher back in…pump games into em.
no more wasting games on sleevo he is cooked and offers nothing.

Go Roos!

It's intriguing how the ruck will go.

Tristan has certainly started manhandling 2nd string or lighter on/more "touch" based opponents.

Gawn, Nankervis etc- the solid competitors - that'll be interesting.

Noting Gawn is much more than that. For years the Gawn love shat me, couldn't work why he was even rated in the same conversation as Goldstein.

But his career has shown he was able to produce a level of leadership, fight and presence to go with his skill that probably trumped Goldstein's pure ruck craft.
He regularly takes contested marks down the line to releive their pressure. goldy did it in his prime. X is way down on this metric and it's why he doesn't get noticed much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back