Game Day North vs Sydney (Round 18)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Powell having a quiet game Chadwiko wants him dropped… like last week had a much better first half than Phillips and your only observation was how well Phillips was going (he wasn’t)

Powell has had a good year. Doesn’t belong in the VFL. You’re turning into Nostra.

I don't expect he be the difference. We're clearly off across the board. But he would have offered more than Powell who has been invisible, and not for the first time. He should no longer be considered a best 22 lock. Way too inconsistent.

I'm a huge Powell fan but he has been poor. Would Will offer more, maybe, maybe not, but his inside work might have given us a couple of extra possessions.

I was not convinced this would be close, but I did hope that our pressure game would continue from the last month. First quarter I was very happy, second quarter I was very depression. :(

Ups and downs really! It was never going to be consistent as a young side. You could see the players lost their composure when Sydney got a run on.

God there are some sooks in this thread. Some of you seriously convinced yourselves that we’d be able to lay a glove on them? As long as the boys fight tooth and nail in the second half and keep the margin under 40, that’s all we need.
🤣 are you new here? I know you’re not, so it should be evident that it’s the same sooks week after week, whinging about the same things/players, it’s honestly pathetic.

God there are some sooks in this thread. Some of you seriously convinced yourselves that we’d be able to lay a glove on them? As long as the boys fight tooth and nail in the second half and keep the margin under 40, that’s all we need.
And have they fought tooth and nail so far?

We're getting torched by the best team in the competition (known for piling on goals in quick succession against much better sides than us) on their home deck. This was always a distinct possibility given that we're still a work in progress and anyone who thinks otherwise is living in fantasy land.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Serious Question: Do I cut my losses now and go back to work, checking the app every five minutes? Or do I keep watching? Looking for opinions to make the decision for me.

Our midfield have struggled to adjust to the extra bounce on that hard, wicket area.

Getting beaten in contested ball and their pressure has been very high all over the ground. We're not using it well in response.

Our backs will cop a lot of the blame but Sydney's entries have been fast and clean.

They've been the best side for a reason and the ridiculous 9-3 free count doesn't help.

No it isn't. They've had a couple of close losses so what, still well clear on top. Won't matter at all come finals time. Who's going to trouble them? Geelong? Carlton? lol.

They are gonna shit it in mate.
The grand final is at the MCG for starters. They lost to Richmond there and Carlton play there every second week.

A Carlton Sydney GF would be a 50/50 proposition.

We're getting torched by the best team in the competition (known for piling on goals in quick succession against much better sides than us) on their home deck. This was always a distinct possibility given that we're still a work in progress and anyone who thinks otherwise is living in fantasy land.
It's why I find it hard to worry too much, and this match was also the reason I was so ****ing glad we pinched the win last week. That win was a great exclamation point on a 5 week block of solid football, and today always had the risk of being shithouse.

Let’s see how we respond. Signs of life please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back