Game Day North vs Sydney (Round 18)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you'd be a moron if you thought any different, but at the same time it wasn't us passing on a Buddy, it wasn't a complete disaster.

All clubs make mistakes.
In r24 last year Phillips was instrumental in our win, got a Brownlow vote and Logan McDonald kicked 1.3 and had 13 touches. He's like Josh Bruce. Every now and then he gets lucky and kicks a few.

God there are some sooks in this thread. Some of you seriously convinced yourselves that we’d be able to lay a glove on them? As long as the boys fight tooth and nail in the second half and keep the margin under 40, that’s all we need.
I was not convinced this would be close, but I did hope that our pressure game would continue from the last month. First quarter I was very happy, second quarter I was very depression. :(

People who think Will Phillips would do anything here need a bit of a reality check
I don't expect he be the difference. We're clearly off across the board. But he would have offered more than Powell who has been invisible, and not for the first time. He should no longer be considered a best 22 lock. Way too inconsistent.

I
Any time we show some signs and get some pats on the back you can guarantee we won't show up the next game.
In fairness, this is the first time it’s happened to this team. We stepped up five games ago. This is a new team. We are playing the best team in the competition. The Swans have done this to many far more mature teams than us. Our game plan has been picked apart in the second quarter. We became too flatfooted. LDU tried to change things up late in the quarter and things improved. We’ve seen what we’re capable of. We were never just going to waltz through everybody. This season is over for us. It’s all about getting properly positioned for R1.

Apart from that, wake the f**k up North.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need more pressure.

Need more pace on the ball.

Clearly over corrected to go slow and retain the footy.

Play the game out with pressure on the ball and the man and see how we go.

Have to fight it out.

In r24 last year Phillips was instrumental in our win, got a Brownlow vote and Logan McDonald kicked 1.3 and had 13 touches. He's like Josh Bruce. Every now and then he gets lucky and kicks a few.

Yes you'd still be a moron to think with hindsight of course that it wasn't a mistake. It was a mistake, McDonald is a much better footballer, but that bar isn't exactly set above tripping height.
I don't mind if Phillip plays, don't play, stays on the list, doesn't.

We have got plenty of draft choices correct over the last few drafts.

Our midfield getting torched by a far superior midfield but if we added an inferior midfielder to our team somehow we would be better 🧐

That's an understatement.

Losses of 5, 1 and 2 points.

Easily head and shoulder's above everyone. Easily.
Mega comeback by North and another close loss for swans 😁

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back