Northern FL Division 2 - 2011 Pt 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
is wondering what practice matches are coming up and maybe if we could get a quick summary of these and how players are going would b good to see

i did tell him to his face for your information.

as for fitzroy, how aren't they a bad cultured club?

hardly train, can barely field 2 sides, have players playing in 2 games, can't serve alcohol at games, I personally haven't had a problem with them, however former coaches at my club have pointed out the cultural problems there.

I haven't been involved in the club this year as I have moved into a college for university studies and haven't been able to been there as much as I wish I could be. I can understand you saying we may occasionally have problems with fielding 2 sides, sometimes only fielding 18 players, but I think this reflects the people's commitment to football and not the clubs commitment to being a good club in the NFL.

Hardly train? Training has never been cancelled during our involvment in the NFL, again, although not getting large numbers to sessions towards the end of the year may have been a problem. From all reports (again I haven't been there to see myself) the Stars are having great numbers every Tuesday and Thursday. And are enjoying a new feeling at the club, with a new coach and fitness trainers.

Cant serve alcohol? There's nothing stopping the club from serving alcohol. This was a consious decision to address some of the alcohol issues that have been a problem within the football community, we have seen some of the AFL greats fail because of alcohol amongst other problems (Brendan Fevola) and personally I think the abuse of alcohol (all over the world) needs to start being addressed, and I think this is a good way to start the awareness. Plenty of football followers use the weekly games as a piss up, this is not the kind of culture the Fitzroy Stars invisioned when forming. I'm not saying there are any particular clubs in the NFL that may have issues with alcohol, every individual is different on their views on alcohol, and most can manage their drinking.
Please Note: There is nothing stopping you from bringing your own alcohol to the games.

From everything I've heard I would expect to see the Stars improve this year.

THERE IS NOT / HAS NOT BEEN AN ISSUE OF A 'BAD CULTURE' AT THE FITZROY STARS FOOTBALL CLUB.

Also note, even though my user name is "Fitzroy Stars" I am not talking on the Fitzroy Stars Football Clubs behalf, these are my own words and anything said here may not necessarily be of the same views of the club. Although I am not as activily involved with big footy as I was, I will create a new account before my next post to avoid the view that I am an official from the Fitzroy Stars.

is wondering what practice matches are coming up and maybe if we could get a quick summary of these and how players are going would b good to see

mernda vs romsey in romsey, should be interesting to see where mernda is at.

I haven't been involved in the club this year as I have moved into a college for university studies and haven't been able to been there as much as I wish I could be. I can understand you saying we may occasionally have problems with fielding 2 sides, sometimes only fielding 18 players, but I think this reflects the people's commitment to football and not the clubs commitment to being a good club in the NFL.

Hardly train? Training has never been cancelled during our involvment in the NFL, again, although not getting large numbers to sessions towards the end of the year may have been a problem. From all reports (again I haven't been there to see myself) the Stars are having great numbers every Tuesday and Thursday. And are enjoying a new feeling at the club, with a new coach and fitness trainers.

Cant serve alcohol? There's nothing stopping the club from serving alcohol. This was a consious decision to address some of the alcohol issues that have been a problem within the football community, we have seen some of the AFL greats fail because of alcohol amongst other problems (Brendan Fevola) and personally I think the abuse of alcohol (all over the world) needs to start being addressed, and I think this is a good way to start the awareness. Plenty of football followers use the weekly games as a piss up, this is not the kind of culture the Fitzroy Stars invisioned when forming. I'm not saying there are any particular clubs in the NFL that may have issues with alcohol, every individual is different on their views on alcohol, and most can manage their drinking.
Please Note: There is nothing stopping you from bringing your own alcohol to the games.

From everything I've heard I would expect to see the Stars improve this year.

THERE IS NOT / HAS NOT BEEN AN ISSUE OF A 'BAD CULTURE' AT THE FITZROY STARS FOOTBALL CLUB.

Also note, even though my user name is "Fitzroy Stars" I am not talking on the Fitzroy Stars Football Clubs behalf, these are my own words and anything said here may not necessarily be of the same views of the club. Although I am not as activily involved with big footy as I was, I will create a new account before my next post to avoid the view that I am an official from the Fitzroy Stars.

reports toward the end of last year was that there was about 10 players showing up at training.

byo alcohol is not permitted in the nfl!

however, everything else you have mentioned about a new coach and trainers etc. is good for the club, and with the signing of andrew lovett, hopefully things turn around for the stars this year!

mernda vs romsey in romsey, should be interesting to see where mernda is at.

reports toward the end of last year was that there was about 10 players showing up at training.

byo alcohol is not permitted in the nfl!

however, everything else you have mentioned about a new coach and trainers etc. is good for the club, and with the signing of andrew lovett, hopefully things turn around for the stars this year!

This rule would be in place to ensure clubs don't miss out on profit of sales of alcohol. Victoria Park will be an open venue this year with most of the surrounding walls being demolished, so I don't really know how they could enforce it, I know last year there didn't seem to be any problems with it. Stars will also lose out on gate takings.

i agree he needs to make a decision but he will when he wonts to and he gets influenced by alot of people aswell
my body is ok its holding in there i guess just trying to take it easy so it keeps holding in there but i havent played a game so ill just have to wait and see

Jez, I guess I'm just disappointed that Andy was/is an important cog in
our midfield. Why was he not enjoying his football ? Is it something that can be sorted out or not ? I would hate to see him leave Macleod under these circumstances. Yourself, Mark, Andy all played a vital part in getting us to Division 1 and the doors will always be open for you to return in some capacity in the future.

This rule would be in place to ensure clubs don't miss out on profit of sales of alcohol. Victoria Park will be an open venue this year with most of the surrounding walls being demolished, so I don't really know how they could enforce it, I know last year there didn't seem to be any problems with it. Stars will also lose out on gate takings.

You will find that all NFL grounds would be public parks, and without a licence you are not permitted to drink in public parks. It is nothing to do wIth the NFL it is the liquoR licencing act. Club have licences to sell FRom rooms or booths, and are actually not allowed to permit byo under the liquor licencing act. By selling they are under obligation to responsibly serve alcolhol, which they are unable to have any control over in allowing byo. Clubs can actually call police and have people who byo ejected from the ground.

You will find that all NFL grounds would be public parks, and without a licence you are not permitted to drink in public parks. It is nothing to do wIth the NFL it is the liquoR licencing act. Club have licences to sell FRom rooms or booths, and are actually not allowed to permit byo under the liquor licencing act. By selling they are under obligation to responsibly serve alcolhol, which they are unable to have any control over in allowing byo. Clubs can actually call police and have people who byo ejected from the ground.

I think you will find, that the liquor licence is not the only thing that allows people to drink around the grounds. that only discloses the sale and consumption points, and as stated not allowing BYO.
Most councils require sporting groups to apply for a permit to consume alcohol on public grounds. regardless of liquor licence.
If the stars have that, BYO all you like.

I think you will find, that the liquor licence is not the only thing that allows people to drink around the grounds. that only discloses the sale and consumption points, and as stated not allowing BYO.
Most councils require sporting groups to apply for a permit to consume alcohol on public grounds. regardless of liquor licence.
If the stars have that, BYO all you like.

The council requires you have a liquor licence. this a state licence. No council can issue permits or licences regarding liquor. They do not have the authority. Club liquor licences are for purchase of liquor. There are no club licences that allow byo - FULL STOP, these are the facts

Why would any club have a liquor licence that allows byo - as stated. there not available anyway. Name one club that has.

Yeah I was going to make mention that I was unsure of the public park rulings but then rememebered there are a few clubs that just have open parks without gates who are permitted to have alcohol. To my knowledge Stars wont be serving alcohol again this season.

I'm just saying this is what happened last year with no report. The club isnt telling people to BYO, but I dont think they are going to have you ejected if you do it away from the main crowd and do it in a responsible manner.

If you want an official response I would talk to the club directly. I will ensure that this is my last post using this username to remove the misconception I am passing on official information.

Yeah I was going to make mention that I was unsure of the public park rulings but then rememebered there are a few clubs that just have open parks without gates who are permitted to have alcohol. To my knowledge Stars wont be serving alcohol again this season.

I'm just saying this is what happened last year with no report. The club isnt telling people to BYO, but I dont think they are going to have you ejected if you do it away from the main crowd and do it in a responsible manner.

If you want an official response I would talk to the club directly. I will ensure that this is my last post using this username to remove the misconception I am passing on official information.

i have no idea about this yeart but 2 years ago the stars put out a memo stating that council had told them no BYO was to be allowed at their ground at all, at the time from memory it was becuase the ground was considered a work site and that no alcohol was allowed to be consumed on a work site. As i said i am not sure if this is still the case but i am surte that the ground is still under upgrade works so i would imagine it hasnt changed.
as a side not i have never rated the idea of the stars to not serve grog at games, anyone would think that responsable serving is far better than a BYO set up where anyone can drink as much as there like. I remember a few years back when we played them at Macleod many of there supporters brought there own as that is what they were used to, 2 guys even rocked up with a box of Johnnys and propped for the day 4 meters in front of our bar, they were told to move on fairly quickly. Most clubs need the sales from the bar to help run the club, the stars are different in that they get considerable money from different charitable organisations to keep them afloat.
i surpose it is a system of running a club that is not the norm and therefor takes a bit of getting used to but i am not sure if it is one that works.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how did mernda go against romsey from what i hear its gonna be a long year for the demons..

the 2s won comfortably by about 4-5 goals, the 1s struggled, but still early there was a number of players in the 2s who should be playing in the 1s but due to other commitments and injuries, haven't complete a full pre-season, but once curly see's the talent in some of these guys then it may be a different story! just lack key position players!

i have no idea about this yeart but 2 years ago the stars put out a memo stating that council had told them no BYO was to be allowed at their ground at all, at the time from memory it was becuase the ground was considered a work site and that no alcohol was allowed to be consumed on a work site. As i said i am not sure if this is still the case but i am surte that the ground is still under upgrade works so i would imagine it hasnt changed.
as a side not i have never rated the idea of the stars to not serve grog at games, anyone would think that responsable serving is far better than a BYO set up where anyone can drink as much as there like. I remember a few years back when we played them at Macleod many of there supporters brought there own as that is what they were used to, 2 guys even rocked up with a box of Johnnys and propped for the day 4 meters in front of our bar, they were told to move on fairly quickly. Most clubs need the sales from the bar to help run the club, the stars are different in that they get considerable money from different charitable organisations to keep them afloat.
i surpose it is a system of running a club that is not the norm and therefor takes a bit of getting used to but i am not sure if it is one that works.
very nice romper, i actually remember them guys with the johnys, got abit of front sitting in front off our bar like they were. no shame.
big drink friday, looking forward to staggering down zig zag rd early saturday morning.....lol.

very nice romper, i actually remember them guys with the johnys, got abit of front sitting in front off our bar like they were. no shame.
big drink friday, looking forward to staggering down zig zag rd early saturday morning.....lol.
Friday should be a good night, unless your one of my neighbours.... with a bit of luck the guest of honour wont fall off his skate board on his way over....

you can all sit there and say and discuss andy bennetts football all you like but i tell you the only one that realy nows wat he is goinig to do is himself and i dont think he really nows he just wonts to play football were he can enjoy it again its not bout money premierships or medals

So is Andy going to play for nothing with a Division 3 club ?
If money is not an issue, he will play for free, probably win a premiership and the D3 comp medal.......exactly the things that you said that it's not about.

So is Andy going to play for nothing with a Division 3 club ?
If money is not an issue, he will play for free, probably win a premiership and the D3 comp medal.......exactly the things that you said that it's not about.
anyone know how Mernda are travelling, crisis talkes during the week and v/pres resigns, perhaps things not so good after the lamaro departure?:eek:

How did everyone's teams go on the weekend?Best players and ones to look out for come round 1.

the 2s won comfortably by about 4-5 goals, the 1s struggled, but still early there was a number of players in the 2s who should be playing in the 1s but due to other commitments and injuries, haven't complete a full pre-season, but once curly see's the talent in some of these guys then it may be a different story! just lack key position players!
Good call, but Curly needs to be at the games a little bit earlier and actually see whats available. He was even asking the names of some of the 2's as they walked of the ground. Show a bit more interest coach!

Who do you think will go up? I can see several, Arkus the new bloke who has NEVER played before, should get a shot. Matty Mc should looks Ok, Curlis has kicked a few and doing OK in the ruck, Beau will go up, whats your call?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back