Northern FL Division 3 - 2011 Pt 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah good one **** head. No cowardly punches just a bunch of w***ers in the crowd from St marys being sooks.
Totally agree about the St Marys crowd behind the coaching box - they gave up on the game in the last quarter and that was noticebale to the players as well - a poor sign. But, there were no shortage of sooks from Parkside either - feral supporters with no idea of the rules - but you get them everywhere. My point is - surely the days of king hits from behind are gone. No serious club can tolerate that... Finally, if you're indicative (need a dictionary?) of the supporters there then I rest my case...

This week's thoughts and selections:

Panton Hill vs. Parkside
The match of the round in this division. The result could depend how the Redbacks come up after the two week break. Both have certainly improved since last season and I'm going for the Redbacks only because it's at their home.
St Mary's vs. West Heidelberg
Both were soundly beaten last round although the Saints loss was apparently better than the Hawks according to various reports. The Saints look more up and about at this stage and should win.
South Morang vs. Reservoir
Another top match in this division, with both eager to keep pace with the top two. Although one would think both will play finals. Result could depend on who the Lions have as "ins". Think the Lions can get over the Mustangs.
Watsonia - Bye
The Saints were very competitive last round and probably wish they were playing this round.

Eriks tips for this week ...

PANTON HILL
ST MARYS
STH MORANG

...don't think Watsy will win this week either. If I get this right, will I move up the leader board ?

Tips for today off the iPhone while at cracknel reserve..
Parkside to just get up over Panton Hill in a close game, I would be much more confident if we weren't missing some quality players through injury. Should be a ripper match!
South Morang to just beat to mustangs, Whitnal is a massive inclusion for the lions and if he gets going they should win.
StMarys impressed me a lot last week, great signs with some really good young players, so I'll tip them to get the job done against West today.
Good luck all, go Devils!!!

Round 4 Tipping Leader board

Harry - 3 (11)
Erik - 2 (9)
Chet - 2 (8)
Grubby 1 (7)
OBF - 1 (7)
Devious - 1 (7)
CH - 1 (7)
Freedom - 2 (7)

If you miss your tips you get the Away teams any new tippers who join late, start on the away teams score (Away Teams - 1 this week (Total 6))

Surely the NFL can get the ladder correct:

How can Parkside who are yet to lose a match have a 75% winning ratio???? You can't count the BYE as a game played and a game losed.

Parkside have played 3 (not 4), won 3, 100% won & 1 Bye.

NFL sort this out.

I understand everyone will be in the same boat, but the calculations are incorrect for the BYE.

Ladder After Round 4
POS TEAM P W L D B % Won
1. South Morang 4 3 1 0 0 75
2. Parkside 4 3 0 0 1 75

How can Parkside who are yet to lose a match have a 75% winning ratio???? You can't count the BYE as a game played and a game losed.

NFL sort this out.

I understand everyone will be in the same boat, but the calculations are incorrect for the BYE.

Ladder After Round 4
POS TEAM P W L D B % Won
2. Parkside 4 3 0 0 1 75

Probably not an NFL thing but a website thing, if you have them play 4 but only win 3 it calculates it as an automatic loss, I reckon who ever hosts the web need to fix it (maybe the clubs needs to ask NFL for opinions/help/answers). I do agree all will be in the same boat but a bye is not a loss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 5 Tips ...can't believe it's already Rd 5 !!!

StMarys
Parkside
PH
Lions won't kick a score against ....err

AND, in the AFL, I think I'm tipping the Gold Coast ... everyone okay with that ? Do I need to see a doctor ?

To pick the Suns, I think the rules are, you need approval from an independent source or something !

Round 5 Tips ...can't believe it's already Rd 5 !!!

StMarys
Parkside
PH
Lions won't kick a score against ....err

AND, in the AFL, I think I'm tipping the Gold Coast ... everyone okay with that ? Do I need to see a doctor ?

To pick the Suns, I think the rules are, you need approval from an independent source or something !

Approved ! I tipped em last week on the Bigfooty tipping and zoomed up the charts with a bullett. Stick with them.

Good luck to Marky B for his 1st game with Watsonia. Hope you go well.
And to Matty James.......you're too old son - give it away.

Thoughts for this week's matches:

Watsonia vs. St Mary's
An interesting game, with Watsonia not having lived up to the pre-season expectations while St Mary's could be in the four after this round if results go their way. Teams coming off the Bye are in the minus column so far so that gives St Mary's the edge.
Reservoir vs. Panton Hill
Match of the round here with the loser potentially dropping out of the four. Amazing. The Redbacks started fast last week and then faded and have some massive outs this week. Me thinks the Mustangs, just.
Parkside vs. Heidelberg West
After last week's strong win, the Devils shouldn't have any trouble disposing of the Hawks who appear to have slipped back into their old ways and looking at another long season.
South Morang - Bye
Looks like a lazy day for the Lions !

NFL sort this out.

Ladder After Round 4
POS TEAM P W L D B % Won
2. Parkside 4 3 0 0 1 75

Fair dinkum... How dumb do you have to be not to get this? The ladder is on percentage won, not percentage on points for and against. Simple.

Parkside over West comfortably
Watsonia just over StMarys
Reservoir over Panton Hill in a ripper contest (had to lean towards reservoir with this tip after seeing Panton Hill's 'outs')

Good luck, :thumbsu:

Round 5 Tipping Leader board

Harry - 2 (13)
Erik - 2 (11)
Chet - 3 (11)
Freedom - 3 (10)
Grubby - 1 (8)
OBF - 1 (8)
Devious - 1 (8)
CH - 1 (8)

If you miss your tips you get the Away teams any new tippers who join late, start on the away teams score (Away Teams - 1 this week (Total 7))

St Mary's vs. Panton Hill
A win by the Sainters could set up their season and with the Redbacks suffering more injuries they have the perfect opportunity to consolidate their top four position.
Heidelberg West vs. Watsonia
Both teams have been disappointing this season, particularly the Saints who looked to have recruited better pre-season. The Hawks will be desperate but think the Saints can improve on last week (they had better!) and get their first win.
South Morang vs. Parkside
Who would have thought - a top of the table clash. The Devils are unblemished while the Lions have just the one loss. Both have some good "ins" this week but I'm leaning towards the Lions who could be premiership favourites after this round.
Reservoir - Bye

St Mary's vs. Panton Hill
A win by the Sainters could set up their season and with the Redbacks suffering more injuries they have the perfect opportunity to consolidate their top four position.
Heidelberg West vs. Watsonia
Both teams have been disappointing this season, particularly the Saints who looked to have recruited better pre-season. The Hawks will be desperate but think the Saints can improve on last week (they had better!) and get their first win.
South Morang vs. Parkside
Who would have thought - a top of the table clash. The Devils are unblemished while the Lions have just the one loss. Both have some good "ins" this week but I'm leaning towards the Lions who could be premiership favourites after this round.
Reservoir - Bye

I have to agree with you on all 3 cases here..
Panton Hill will struggle with there outs, i see st marys running out 5 goal winners in front of there home crowd down at ford park.
Toss of the coin.. i say Watsonia they do seem to have competed better this year
South Morang to beat parkside at home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back