Northern FL Division 3 - 2011 Pt 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good effort from the Wats today. Put up a pretty decent fight for 3 and a half quarters with the margin only 27 half way through the last. Our ruckman got sent of for mouthing off at an umpire and Morang's class was too much in the end.

Any other club representatives or players have info on their games from this weekend?

Drove past yesterday and I must say your scoreboard looks terrific :thumbsu:

Round 8 Tipping Leader board

Harry - 3 (20)
Chet - 3 (18)
Freedom - 3 (17)
Erik - 3 (16)
CH - 3 (14)
Grubby - 2 (14)
Devious - 2 (14)
OBF - 2 (13)
--------------
AWAY - 2 (13)

A couple of games to keep everyone occupied this long weekend.

St Mary's vs Heidelberg West
The Sainters have pulled a couple of surprise wins so far this season and will be looking to consolidate their top four position with a big win over what is shaping as a disappointing season for the Hawks.

South Morang vs Panton Hill
The Lions have emerged as the premiership favourites and should be too strong for a Redbacks team that is suffering thru a horror run with injuries.

Reservoir, Parkside, Watsonis - Bye
Enjoy the holiday fellas and don't endulge too much !

Oh, by the way: Happy Birthday Queenie !

Tips.
South Morang
St Marys

Was at a bit of a loose end on Saturday arvo, so dropped in to observe some div 3 football in the shape of Heid West and St Mary`s. Thought it may have been a 6 can afternoon, but had to leave after 3. Most appalling game of football I have seen in a long while! As much as Heid West butchered the football, were devoid of any skill and generally ran around with no idea of what they were supposed to be doing, St Mary`s were not much better. The only thing St Mary`s had going for them, was that they could produce something that resembled teamwork enough times to have a comfortable result on the scoreboard. And this was 4th v last(7th)! This game was not even Div 2 reserves standard (no where near it) and says to me that thank god we have a div 3, because under the old div 2 there would be more than a few 50 goal hidings!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was at a bit of a loose end on Saturday arvo, so dropped in to observe some div 3 football in the shape of Heid West and St Mary`s. Thought it may have been a 6 can afternoon, but had to leave after 3. Most appalling game of football I have seen in a long while! As much as Heid West butchered the football, were devoid of any skill and generally ran around with no idea of what they were supposed to be doing, St Mary`s were not much better. The only thing St Mary`s had going for them, was that they could produce something that resembled teamwork enough times to have a comfortable result on the scoreboard. And this was 4th v last(7th)! This game was not even Div 2 reserves standard (no where near it) and says to me that thank god we have a div 3, because under the old div 2 there would be more than a few 50 goal hidings!
I understand what you are saying Brutal, but let's look past the standard of the game and applaud the players for being involved in the sport we all love. This is what grass roots footy is all about. No big imports, no big match payments, just normal blokes, playing with their mates and having a go.

Round 9 Tipping Leader board

Harry - 2 (22)
Chet - 2 (20)
Freedom - 2 (19)
Erik - 1 (17)
CH - 1 (15)
Grubby - 0 (14)
Devious - 0 (14)
OBF - 0 (13)
--------------
AWAY - 0 (13)

Well Brutal, that is all div 3 sides need, a know all flog from a wannabe div 2 side pass his very limited sporting judgement on sides playing for the jumper and their mates in a div just recently thrown together and all having a real crack for their clubs for little more than playing a game of footy and who probably are not the most gifted athletes like your good self. Someone who was a very ordinary lower grade cricketer and from all accounts not much better when attacking the sherrin, so piss off back to your cave and get an effing life, tool

Well Brutal, that is all div 3 sides need, a know all flog from a wannabe div 2 side pass his very limited sporting judgement on sides playing for the jumper and their mates in a div just recently thrown together and all having a real crack for their clubs for little more than playing a game of footy and who probably are not the most gifted athletes like your good self. Someone who was a very ordinary lower grade cricketer and from all accounts not much better when attacking the sherrin, so piss off back to your cave and get an effing life, tool

:thumbsu:

Couldnt said it better myself !
Crawl back to your club put out ya hand for more cash !
But all the same thanks for supporting Div 3 Footy !

Look up about 4 or 5 comments bloke i said south morang and st marys for me....

Apologies mate, scrolled past that post somehow? Updated now!

Round 10 Tips.
Panton Hill
Parkside
St Marys

also:
Lalor, Lower, Hursty, Diamo.
Slime, Bergers, Lakies, Panthers, Bulls.

Three teams that had the Bye last week play three of the teams that had to give up their Queens Birthday holiday and the Bye teams, who escaped the wrath of poster Brutal, look like taking two of these games.

Panton Hill vs. Reservoir
The Redbacks have been ravaged by injuries this season but are still playing competitive football and should be able to overcome a Mustangs side that certainly has dropped off the pace in recent weeks.

St Mary's vs. Watsonia
The Burra Saints have put together a nice season so far and can consolidate their position in the top four over the Watsie Saints who have certainly been disappointing this season and not lived up to the pre-season expectations for them.

Heidelberg West vs. Parkside
While poster Brutal's comments may be a spur for the Hawks this week, they haven't been able to finish off games, or teams, and the Devils shouldn't have any issues recording another comfortable win.

St Marys
Parkside
Panton Hill

Stating the obvious, massive game for Ressa, lose tomorrow and theyll be 2 games and % outside of the four, which is a fair bit of ground to make up.

Better effort from the Wats boys this week. At least went down with a bit of fight in them. Had the opportunity to run home in the last but in the end no bench left and our fitness levels let us down and we were overrun in the last quarter. Hopefully get back a few from injuries and we will be much better. :thumbsu:

I would just like to say a big congrats to No27 from St Marys who thought it was tough to hang s&*t on a young kid with a disability throughout the game. He should try and take the park and not hear anything around him. As any footballer nows they rely a lot on voice to let them know whats happening it takes real courage to go for the ball when you hear nothing:thumbsdown:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back