Northern Football League Division 1 - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop the whinging Mont, you are starting to look like Eltham - and we all know you are better than that. Sentence looks to be fairly servere, however if you keep messing up it eventually catches up with you, appears there is a bit of catch up for the round 2 report in the sentence.

Cole Trickle - in regards to Howsie, have heard that he was going to head down to the slime.

Good luck everyone tomorrow, lets hope the hails holds off until 5.00pm

Totally agree, stop your whinging!!!!

Dont think anyone on here is complaining about West sentence...14 weeks for striking. Would have thought that would have caused a debate!!!!

Agreed!!

Coley - Howse did have a run last night. I don't think any deal has been done. So might come to nothing (then again might be a handy replacement for Santo! :p)

J&B you guys do realise he is a premiership curse. Runners up the last four years

2007 @ Bundoora
2006 @ Bundoora
2005 @ Euroa
2004 @ Bundoora

Actually, please sign him up!!

1. Why would West want video from Mont if they had it taped themselves????
2.Photos were taked in jest for 'A LAUGH' amongst mates. ( Had no intention of reporting it.
3.League DID ask Mont for the gamE.
4. West had nothing to do with it.
5. They knew West player was going to get weeks.

1Larkin and Ed are mates and Larkin always asks for a video and this time he didnt

2a laugh you say...weak at best

3league did not ask, confirmed from the horses mouth, dont know who you get confirmation from

4if you say so

5most likely

Also if you note my post was about the implications for all clubs

1Larkin and Ed are mates and Larkin always asks for a video and this time he didnt

2a laugh you say...weak at best

3league did not ask, confirmed from the horses mouth, dont know who you get confirmation from

4if you say so

5most likely

Also if you note my post was about the implications for all clubs

As I said...
1. Why would he ask if West had video????
2. League did ask. Youd be surprised where I get my information.
3. How is it weak to take photos if your nose has been broken by a headbut....From a weak player???

J&B you guys do realise he is a premiership curse. Runners up the last four years

2007 @ Bundoora
2006 @ Bundoora
2005 @ Euroa
2004 @ Bundoora

Actually, please sign him up!!

We suffer the same curse don't we? :rolleyes:

Maybe each curse will cancel the other out?

You go to the Well enough times - you'll eventually bring up some water!

So is that it now boys? Santoro got 6 weeks in light of hearsay and circumstantial evidence. Somehow I don't think so. Whatever, he fell on his own sword.

We all make poor decisions from time to time, however, malicious intent is another story. Regardless of what arena one plays in, if you want to play the malicious intent card be prepared to eat off the unseen non discriminatory plate of retribution at some point in time. The 6 is least of his worries.

Bulls
Eltham
Borough
Mont
Dream on M.O.T.H :p

Regards

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I said...
1. Why would he ask if West had video????
2. League did ask. Youd be surprised where I get my information.
3. How is it weak to take photos if your nose has been broken by a headbut....From a weak player???

lets agree to disagree.
we must both have impeccable sources that also disagree. Good to see others dont agree as well

as for for point 1, if you have seen the mont video's and quality of them you wouldnt actually need to ask point 1. But then maybe because they are mates, Larkin didnt want to ask Ed again to put friendship over rivalry?? who really knows?

Stop the whinging Mont, you are starting to look like Eltham - and we all know you are better than that. Sentence looks to be fairly servere, however if you keep messing up it eventually catches up with you, appears there is a bit of catch up for the round 2 report in the sentence.

Cole Trickle - in regards to Howsie, have heard that he was going to head down to the slime.

Good luck everyone tomorrow, lets hope the hails holds off until 5.00pm

Howse Signed at slime 100%:(

BRING BACK FLOYDY...!!! At least back then you already knew you were going to get stiched up beforehand.....

I believe West sung like birds...submitted match video and phone photos...F#$k off to Divvy 2..

Krunch, You normally say intelligible stuff, but thisi'm not so sure about?

I can vividly recall 2 distinct issues in recent seasons where Mont have changed their tune.

Incident 1) Eltham Player gets Jaw broken and facial fractures due to incident involving brothers Ciavola. Mont accuse Eltham of lagging although it was league that brought about investigation and all was caught on Match of Day video. Eltham player missed rest of season - Ciavola's also missed rest of season - 16 week penalty.

Incident 2) Mont Captain/Coach Mellington gets king by Norf player and has jaw broken in alledged behind play incident, Mont screams Bloody Blue murder. They call for investigation, they point accusing fingers, they name names and they want Blood. Result - Norf player cited but found not guilty (surprise surprise) Mellington misses lenghty period on sidelines and then DV Footy as its is to hard for him.

My point is - that you seem to take the moral highground whenever it suits but seem to strangely go quiet when shoes is on te other foot.

Time for yu to just accept what has happened and regardless of process accept the decision and move on. If West did complain, if they did speak out all and well, becuase i'm sure you would have done the same had it happened to a player like McGough or a Dizzy or any other player for that matter.

[
Time for yu to just accept what has happened and regardless of process accept the decision and move on. If West did complain, if they did speak out all and well, becuase i'm sure you would have done the same had it happened to a player like McGough or a Dizzy or any other player for that matter.[/quote]

Well said, but I think it is time all clubs squealed when there is a wrong, that is the only way to clean things up.

What I dont like is the way the NFL has started this investigation. It starts a dangerous precedent that I dont think the league can actually deny or police

Good on West if they did squeal, but be up front, that is one thing mont hasnt been afraid of. Better to be on the attack than being seen as a club that can be clubbed to death by thugs.

Time for the addage of "what happens on the field stays on the field" to be seen as a joke. We are all professionals with jobs and debts that need those jobs. Footy is meant to be a competition, not a brawl. How many of our non playing scribes who seem to know so much can do without income for 4 or more weeks not because of an accident, but because you are sniped?

Can come it from that angle - and Santoro is no Angel ... However:

Ump saw and did not report
Carey was not at the game
West did not file a report
Sets strange/dangerous precedent

What criteria does Carey use to report when he is not a game??

I think Santoro being involved is a large part

So leads me back to the same conclusion - Carey has it in for him.

Fact: The umpire saw it from 40m away.
Fact: An all in brawl ensued and the victim lay on the ground
Fact: When umpires make reports without getting the victim's number, the tribunal have always thrown it out on insufficient evidence!
This is why no report was laid.

In 2008 the local laws were changed again (without umpires knowledge of the change till this week)
In 2007 a player could be red carded with NO report (utterly ridiculous scenario, if bad enough to be off the ground then why not reported).
2008 - new rule: all red cards MUST be a report

Fact: The NFL saw that a red card had been given but no report made. Under new rules all red cards are reportable, so the league called up the case.
The umpire did what he deemed was best and to get the offender off the ground.

Bad blood runs the family. His father would be 6 years into a 20 year sentence after assaulting an umpire. No sympathy!
Only 20 years? Short of killing a bloke is it possible to get a life ban?

On the tribunal why are barrister/solicitors banned from acting as player advocates?

Schedule 2 INDEPENDENT TRIBUNAL PROCEDURE said:
3. All reported players, officials and witnesses MUST be represented by an advocate who must be an official of the club, and shall not be a qualified solicitor or barrister.
sympathy!

Only 20 years? Short of killing a bloke is it possible to get a life ban?

On the tribunal why are barrister/solicitors banned from acting as player advocates?

he was acting as a water boy in his sons g/f. brave man to assault an umpire after a junior g/f. 20 years ban by dvfl from holding any role in football.

So is that it now boys? Santoro got 6 weeks in light of hearsay and circumstantial evidence. Somehow I don't think so. Whatever, he fell on his own sword.

We all make poor decisions from time to time, however, malicious intent is another story. Regardless of what arena one plays in, if you want to play the malicious intent card be prepared to eat off the unseen non discriminatory plate of retribution at some point in time. The 6 is least of his worries.

Bulls
Eltham
Borough
Mont
Dream on M.O.T.H :p

Regards

Sorry Boof I did pick ya but I have a feeling that North may have improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back