Northern Football League Division 1 - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fact: The umpire saw it from 40m away.

Fact response - well why didn't he lay report?

Fact: An all in brawl ensued and the victim lay on the ground

Fact response - brawl was already underway and did not see "victim lying on ground.

Fact: When umpires make reports without getting the victim's number, the tribunal have always thrown it out on insufficient evidence!
This is why no report was laid.

Fact response - for christ's sake if he was lieing on the ground it should've been onlt too easy to identify the "victim".

In 2008 the local laws were changed again (without umpires knowledge of the change till this week)
In 2007 a player could be red carded with NO report (utterly ridiculous scenario, if bad enough to be off the ground then why not reported).
2008 - new rule: all red cards MUST be a report

Non fact response - please re-post and get your chronology correct. Am having trouble understanding what you're trying to say.

Fact: The NFL saw that a red card had been given but no report made. Under new rules all red cards are reportable, so the league called up the case.
The umpire did what he deemed was best and to get the offender off the ground.

Fact response - Obviously the league did call up the case. Get the offender off the ground well had a guess but why only one player and not several others during the game? Hidden agenda? Hm?

Fact response - Obviously the league did call up the case. Get the offender off the ground well had a guess but why only one player and not several others during the game? Hidden agenda? Hm?
boys boys boys
is it a full moon or what?
following yellowmans response it is clear to me that a lot of people within clubs either havent read or are not able to read the by laws of the comp...
a red card needs to recorded so the league can see the transgressor
although the ump deemed it not to be a reportable offence the by laws seem to state that it needs to be investigated.
videos taken at games looks like the way of the future (for coaches ) but if 1 player from your club mucks up the ole chesnut of 'video not working ' seems to work a treat
i know im banging on here ... but lets look in our backyard before we start slinging mud & accusing people /persons before we know the whole truth in regards to ALL matters

Bulls over West
Eltham over Creeky
Slime over Bloods
Mont over NP
Big test for Heidelberg 7 points in a close one, but Norths little blokes are back to their best of a few years ago
I hope it pisses down I'm on night shift so I,ll be home in bed listening to the dulcet tones Mark Donnelly and co stuffing up whichever game they are doing??????:D

who was that official that day???
a further ? does the new admin carry over past mis demeanours???

just my thoughts only
wb

My esteemed colleague, as i understand it all league suspensions are handed over to VMFL or Football Vic so that when players transfer leagues their suspension carries over.

I know you can never assume, but its fair to say that this suspension would be carried over to the NFL and all other leagues.

Fact: The umpire saw it from 40m away.
Fact: An all in brawl ensued and the victim lay on the ground
Fact: When umpires make reports without getting the victim's number, the tribunal have always thrown it out on insufficient evidence!
This is why no report was laid.

In 2008 the local laws were changed again (without umpires knowledge of the change till this week)
In 2007 a player could be red carded with NO report (utterly ridiculous scenario, if bad enough to be off the ground then why not reported).
2008 - new rule: all red cards MUST be a report

Fact: The NFL saw that a red card had been given but no report made. Under new rules all red cards are reportable, so the league called up the case.
The umpire did what he deemed was best and to get the offender off the ground.

dont know where you got your FACTS from but .
NO ALL IN BRAWL champ...

Enough of the bickering lads. Whilst it makes for humerous reading i think the nail was hit on the head that all clubs should report unsavoury incidents to the league and in that way this sort of stuff will be wiped out. It is not whinging and supporters of the offending players club quickly forget that he (the striker) unfairly felled a player and should be made to pay- after all they would (and have) screamed blue murder in the past when the boot is on the other foot. End of argument.

As for the umpires decisions being underminned- umpires don't always have the best view of the incident and so can't always be expected to get it 100% right (be it report, card or whatever).
However,
There are umpires who are too easily influenced by crowds and some times don't have the intestinal fortitude to lay reports and send players off for the blatant acts they see. A situation caused by a lack of a large number of quality umpires in the league- something that will always be a problem because quality umpires are hard to recruit/retain and invariably move up to the next level (VFL etc.).

Will let you know what goes on at Slime land today in respect of Howsey and the rumours of signing up (a small coup for the slime if it is true).

Tips as follows:
Bundy- 8 goals
Eltham- 4 goals
Slime- 4 goals (Drew Wilson to keep Whitnall to 2 goals, Partyguts best afield)
Mont- 6 goals
Tigers- 5 goals

At least with the many resurfaced grounds (good work by councils) matches shouldn't decend into the mud pit battles previously experienced in the DVFL.

Go Slime:D

sorry to be captain obvious but f..k it was cold out there today.

north not good enough in the end.had chances in the 3rd quarter,but in the end heidelberg were just that bit cleaner with their ball handling and disposal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rain,Rain and more Rain, what a wet day of footy.Bad conditions aside and full credit to west,that was probably the "WORST" bundoora performance I've
seen!:thumbsdown:.Apart from little Dave mitchell who gets smashed by oppostion clubs every week and a select few, it was an absolute Pissweak effort.Watching players take the easy option all day was pathetic and haro trying to be a tough boy behind play was laughable.How about putting your head over the pill for once!.They'd better lift their intensity next week against the bergs,although not in their class at all this year, at least give a contest boys!

GO BULLS!

it is clear to me that a lot of people within clubs either havent read or are not able to read the by laws of the comp...but lets look in our backyard before we start slinging mud & accusing people /persons before we know the whole truth in regards to ALL matters

All well and good whistle provided timely public notification occurs prior to the ratification of any such by laws etc.

Regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW22
i see ty zantuck kicked 5..how did he look?? ..is he in good shape?
pretty good. kicked five and probably set five up. I liked his game apart from giving Harvey 2 free goals.

yeah, saw most of the game, geez it was cold, and agree.
but thought that the umpiring was below average and allowed norf to get away with too much niggle with heid on the wrong end of too many dubious decisions and didnt always pay the first free that then allowed packs to develop and sniping to start. thought that these two were supposed to be the best that the league has.

Rain,Rain and more Rain, what a wet day of footy.Bad conditions aside and full credit to west,that was probably the "WORST" bundoora performance I've
seen!:thumbsdown:.Apart from little Dave mitchell who gets smashed by oppostion clubs every week and a select few, it was an absolute Pissweak effort.Watching players take the easy option all day was pathetic and haro trying to be a tough boy behind play was laughable.How about putting your head over the pill for once!.They'd better lift their intensity next week against the bergs,although not in their class at all this year, at least give a contest boys!

GO BULLS!

Maybe it is time for the Bundoora supporters to realise that they are a shadow of there former selves. I often here how badly the team is playing, and that they have not put it together this year but you can only use the same excuse for so long until you reach reality which is Bundoora are no longer a feared team or a force in the NFL. Doesn't help either when you play the wrong blokes in your senior team in the likes of Brayden Wight and also have John Kreuzer running around in the maggoos.

Quote:

but thought that the umpiring was below average and allowed norf to get away with too much niggle with heid on the wrong end of too many dubious decisions and didnt always pay the first free that then allowed packs to develop and sniping to start. thought that these two were supposed to be the best that the league has.

You picked a good day to watch these two sides display their skills champ!:confused:

I will be more than happy to buy that beer for you on Saturday.I will be doing the running so just come and introduce yourself so i can give you that beer.Cheers

Brucey baby i got the pleasure to rub shoulders with you yesterday at 3 quarter time and you didnt give me any respect that i deserve you cat, next time you show such lack of respect ill kick you right in your big virgina. good to see that your new recruit that your rock spider CEO brought finally done something good to see that is might be worth half of the $1500 zantuck is getting paid a game. i just wanna know has he been selling his love lollies around the club like he was when he was playing afl? thats the reason he got the ass from 2 league clubs!! your a big **** bruce

Maybe it is time for the Bundoora supporters to realise that they are a shadow of there former selves. I often here how badly the team is playing, and that they have not put it together this year but you can only use the same excuse for so long until you reach reality which is Bundoora are no longer a feared team or a force in the NFL. Doesn't help either when you play the wrong blokes in your senior team in the likes of Brayden Wight and also have John Kreuzer running around in the maggoos.

TRUE!!.... they are a shadow of their previous sides however you don't just support a side when there a "FORCE" so to speak!.The whole divy1 apart from Heidelberg is a shadow of what it used to be. Years ago nearly every side in divy1 was capable of wining every week but now you could pencil in half the round before the season started.As for the Bulls this year they have dropped away from their grand final sides in recent years and there are players playing who are just not up to it.However money has taken some clubs one way and some the other and losing 5-7 first picked ones players will decimate any club (Heidelberg included).

As for Kreuzer playing in the magoos well thats a mystery.Ray shaw is not the coach I thought he would be, and the loss of vinny may be bigger than most thought.They just seemed to play with more intensity under vinny from what I've seen this year but losing some great players doesn't help either.Oh well see how the year pans out, still a great club to support and normally always give their all(Yesterday a shocker though):thumbsdown:.

Quote:

If they pay too many they get bagged, if they pay too little they get bagged. First day of wet conditions, I am sure the players made many mistakes.

I love how 'norf' do the sniping and it's the umpires fault.

As for Kreuzer playing in the magoos well thats a mystery.Ray shaw is not the coach I thought he would be, and the loss of vinny may be bigger than most thought.They just seemed to play with more intensity under vinny from what I've seen this year but losing some great players doesn't help either.Oh well see how the year pans out, still a great club to support and normally always give their all(Yesterday a shocker though):thumbsdown:.

Stringa i wasnt at the game yesterday so can you confirm who was the replacement for Kreuzer getting dropped before the game?

What was the incident with Harro trying to be a tough guy?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back