Northern Football League Division 1 - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spoke to a long time member and supporter yesterday and he was telling me that letters have gone out to supporters asking for assistance $$$. He told me they started the season 50k in red and that the current figure could be 100k. Hard to believe that a club with so many opportunities at it`s doorstep can find itself in this situation, they have plenty of businesses surrounding them to draw support from, good supporter base, a facility that has had plenty of the constituents dollars invested in it, which is now a showpiece, not too mention plenty of junior talent to draw upon. Whats the story??

Firstly, I wouldn't go and start throwing stones champ. Lower is not exactly flushed with Funds atm as I understand it. Nor has it capitalised on its previous opportunities with the dollars invested in its facilities and it so called dearth of junior talent either.

All i will say to the rest of statement is, That the Club currently finds itself in a relatively tough financial situation brought about by not having Home ground facilities during the season of 2007, and from having to play catchup throughout 2008.

Whilst there will be plenty of doomsdayers out there, I would rather see the current predicament as simply a challenge that will sort out who are the true blue Loyal and spirited club supporters from those that simply pay lip service.

I am very confident that this challenge will only help strenghen the resolve of the Mighty Panthers and look out in coming years because when the going gets tough, the tough get going.

True, letters have gone out to Eltham FC members seeking donations. Club apparently needs $40,000 to survive the summer.

Is this money just owed to players, or is it bills, other debts etc?

Are the players going to hang around??? saw an earlier post that Varsamakis was thinking of leaving?

Surely they cant come back from this and be a success on field?

Heid to win 09.... no other contenders....AGAIN

hey muttley thank u was a good weekend plenty of grog lots of women lost a bit of money on horses what a way 2 attract the women take a trumpet with u well boof u missed a good weekend

Is this money just owed to players, or is it bills, other debts etc?

Are the players going to hang around??? saw an earlier post that Varsamakis was thinking of leaving?

Surely they cant come back from this and be a success on field?

Heid to win 09.... no other contenders....AGAIN

It's Not for me or anybody else for that matter to divulge and/or speculate on the specifics of this information and I personally dont know in anycase.

As for the likes of Varsa, Well he is a big boy now and he will make the decision/s that is right for him.

I'm not putting pressure on him or anybody else for that matter, but I would think that he and many of the other young guns will look to stay at the club as there are still very big positives on the horizon.

The only exception to this would be if opportunities exist at a higher level and then why wouldn't they have a go at pursuing their dream.

As for other players mentioned in earlier despatches - same goes and most know there is some "unfinished Business" to adhere to and they will remain loyal to the cause, mind and body willing.

It's Not for me or anybody else for that matter to divulge and/or speculate on the specifics of this information and I personally dont know in anycase.

As for the likes of Varsa, Well he is a big boy now and he will make the decision/s that is right for him.

I'm not putting pressure on him or anybody else for that matter, but I would think that he and many of the other young guns will look to stay at the club as there are still very big positives on the horizon.

The only exception to this would be if opportunities exist at a higher level and then why wouldn't they have a go at pursuing their dream.

As for other players mentioned in earlier despatches - same goes and most know there is some "unfinished Business" to adhere to and they will remain loyal to the cause, mind and body willing.

very true and i believe he may have a better offer as in standard... time will tell as it will for the players of the club... some i believe wont get paid next year which will sure there true charachter in staying at the club and showing loyalty... thats y i believe the richos, contessa and minney wont go newhere, also the young cubs shood stay as most have played all their juniors there. if they can stick this crisis out the panthers shood be bak both on field and and off in no time

Heard Gutto might be seeking alternate club rather than monty. Would be a big loss. He did kick aroudn 70 goals this yr. Heard Hayes and Sage both heading to Cragieburn.

real tough from behind a computer screen jaw_4.. you weak c*nt! why all the aggro against Contessa? what's the reasoning with the above comment?

Mayb cause jaw_4 plays at the same club as contessa he might mean it as a joke. Settle down Warwick I suggest you stick to bucks parties with blokes down at RPBCC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

real tough from behind a computer screen jaw_4.. you weak c*nt! why all the aggro against Contessa? what's the reasoning with the above comment?

Wizz off Wazza you idiot - you clearly don't understand when a bloke is attempting to lighten the forum with a little humour.

There ain't any agro at angry, from Jaw or any other bugger, and there aint no other reason for the comment than perhaps a accutely badly delivered attempt at humour.

Jaw, best you leave the funny stuff to blokes more capable of a making a dick out of themselves like Ernie.:D

Wizz - just **** off

virgin....dont try and act like your mates with angry cos everyone on this site knows that he doesnt like you
angry is the man and should be a panther in 09

and in 18 years billy james will be my right hand man in the black and red

go panther.....

Just like he slayed Heidelberg in the finals? :rolleyes:

Read my quote riverrat...... Lee and Dean went real well in GVFL.... if Gutto went there he'd do the same. Slays the weak sides here, so if GVFL isnt strong then i'm sure he'd do well! He is a cat, but the GVFL would probably suit him. Surely you know if Lee and Dean are going well it must be weak! They were ave players at best at Heid.

Perhaps he is saying that the GVFL is no good??

Of course MisterX is/was/probably never has been a superstar himself of course! :p

thats exactly what i was saying - and for the record, i was a cat! couldnt kick, couldnt run, couldnt mark, was scared but love having a beer at the footy. Prob had the same ability as you KA!

thats exactly what i was saying - and for the record, i was a cat! couldnt kick, couldnt run, couldnt mark, was scared but love having a beer at the footy. Prob had the same ability as you KA!

KA in his day was supierior in all aspects. Prob has it over anyone in the dim sim department though.

Lee and Dean would be guns at most other clubs in NFL I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back