Northern Football League Division 1 - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok.... First of all if he has come out of the reserves then chances someone has pulled out at the last minute. This is very uncommon for someone to double up into 'A' grade (happens more often in C & B).

Secondly although Kevin Smith has adopted the idea that the best umpires are in Div 1 more often, he is still rotating them into Div 2.
3 out of the last 4 'A1' Grand final umpires were in Div 2 this week out on 'rotation'. This would be due to the fact that the games in Div 1 were not that close on the ladder.

As for the free kicks, Kevin Smith has instructed umpires to 'ping' coaches boxes that abuse. HOWEVER some common sense needs to be applied in this situation. Something that a 'B' grade umpire does not have.

THIS IS REDICULOUS.I WOULD MUCH RATHER HERE ABOUT WHAT SAUL HAS SUPPOSEDLY DONE.

Have been reading with interest the reports on deangelis from heidelberg
Sounds a good player - where has he come from - i have not heard of him before this year - interested to know

Have been reading with interest the reports on deangelis from heidelberg
Sounds a good player - where has he come from - i have not heard of him before this year - interested to know

Came over from DOnvale in the Eastern, country boy before that - Mildura. Gun - simple as that. We can talk him up a bit as we don't have a game this week. By the time we come around to playing again hopefully everyone will still be worrying about the usual couple...hally, stinga and murf and D can continue to fly under the radar. On ball, ruck, up forward down back, just superb. Top bloke too.

ok.... First of all if he has come out of the reserves then chances someone has pulled out at the last minute. This is very uncommon for someone to double up into 'A' grade (happens more often in C & B).

Secondly although Kevin Smith has adopted the idea that the best umpires are in Div 1 more often, he is still rotating them into Div 2.
3 out of the last 4 'A1' Grand final umpires were in Div 2 this week out on 'rotation'. This would be due to the fact that the games in Div 1 were not that close on the ladder.

As for the free kicks, Kevin Smith has instructed umpires to 'ping' coaches boxes that abuse. HOWEVER some common sense needs to be applied in this situation. Something that a 'B' grade umpire does not have.

THIS IS REDICULOUS.I WOULD MUCH RATHER HERE ABOUT WHAT SAUL HAS SUPPOSEDLY DONE.

Have to agree Brucey, but have to question what you are doing posting at 2.04am, is the Hill open that late on a sunday night...;)

SERIOUSLY START UP AN UMPIRE THREAD.WHO GIVES A RATS A....R....S...E... ABOUT UMPIRES.tHEY DO THERE JOB SOME ARE GOOD AND A LOT SLEEP WITH THE LIGHT ON. MOST UMPIRES ARE BLOKES WHO STRUGGLED TO GET A KICK IN THE short people.A FEW HAVE CHARACTER AND THEY MAKE A GAME INTERESTING

YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT NAME CALLING NOW....... TUFFEN UP CHAMP.

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE DAYS WHEN YOU TOLD THE UMPIRE TO GO AND DRIVE A TRUCK AND HE RESPONED IN THE SAME MANNER.

Clearly your mates on this forum do, as they are the ones asking questions!

Mate I couldn't care less about the name calling, I am not the person involved, again responding to comments/questions about umpiring. How about you read postings properly?

If you ask a question you get an answer, how hard is that!

THIS IS REDICULOUS.I WOULD MUCH RATHER HERE ABOUT WHAT SAUL HAS SUPPOSEDLY DONE.[/quote]

2.04 am How pissed were you Brucey you even had it on caps lock or were you yelling at the comoputer:rolleyes:

is it my imagination or are there more reports this season than last ? Every week that I read the tribunal page there seems to be a swag full. this week its 12 players up on 15 charges.
and i see that umpire a.pappas has his name on the rap sheet again. ithink that is now five weeks ina row that hes knocked some off!
oh. and i see that yellowboy and his mates have finally caught up with mr cooper from stars, even if it is only the one week.

Perhaps Brucey and KA can start a Big Footy insomniacs thread.

Thanks A.E, perhaps we might.

However, the reason Brucey post so late/so early is because he gets home so late (and he sleeps with the light on) whilst, I on the other hand are up late trying to solve the world's problems like how to get the panthers to win a close match, how to beat the Bergs come finals time and how to J&B to have a dip when he is on the cans.

I also post late on the nights when the missus has kicked me out of bed for winning the trifecta ( Farting, Snoring & going the groap).

Cheers

K.A

hey boof was talking 2 whitey snr 2 day and he was telling me u need someone 2 hold your hand 2 go 2 the interleauge game on saturday

Few Bergers people (kilmore, drederick, boof et al) getting back to their arrogant best. Predictions of flags and the greatest recruits ever. Never thought i would say this but Go Mont. (Or Norf for that matter). Something about chickens and hatching comes to mind..............

Great game down at the Slime Pit yesterday. Boro continuing on the great pressure and attack that saw them in front of Mont at half time the week before. Cougars had no answers when the crunch came in the last and the Slime boys ran away with a comfortable win. Still a few to come back in the team too- may still surprise a few more teams before the year is out.

In relation to Drederick's questions:
Monty-flag (supported by 8 other teams in the comp on GF day).:D
Bergers- runners up (The arrogance, the hype, the star recruits- all for nothing).
Norf 3rd

The battle is on for 4th-
Bundy and Team Whitnall (Lalor) at the moment look to be fighting for it (those Whitnall boys can't agree on anything!!!!!)
But.......... Eltham have a handy percentage and a minor miracle may see them sneak in. Doubt Northcote can make it and Boro's percentage is too poor (equivalent of another game).

Relegation between Diamo and West. Diamo certainly have dropped off substantially. Don't know about West. Slime play them this week so may be able to get a gauge on them then. West did beat Bundy but that may have been one out of the box.

Couple of cracking matches this week could see some close results.......

Go Slime:thumbsu:

Hey boro anyone from northcote play well havent heard much from them in relation to that game, except to say i knew they were bitterly disappointed. thanks mate:thumbsu:

Bergs starting to play some good footy, and with a full list becoming available and a few better players working their way into the season are looking very dangerous. Look for them to take revenge on Mont when they meet for the second time on a bigger ground and eventually I cant see anyone beating them in the big one again, unless some massive injuries hit them.

Anyone elses thoughts on who will win it, who will be relegated, and who are the players in the nfl this year that have impressed?

Being a Bundoora person people may think my preference for Heidelberg to win the flag is a bit strange, however my attitiude is if we cant beat them then nobody else deserves to win one!

Diamo are gaawwwwnnnn! They were terrible on sat. Playing against a second string at best Bundy team and still lost by over 100 points. Can anybody explain what has been the problem there this year. A couple of years ago things were looking on the up at creek???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

good to catch up with you on saturday kick ass, all the best for the rest of the season,
J & B that bands name was "The Vascoe era"! cheers.

Have to agree with you Ding Dong Dell, there does appear to be more reports than usual. This week alone, there are 17 reports with half of them being for Language offences.
It would appear that we may be slipping back into the old habits of the the old DVFL.
Any ideas how this trend can be stopped?

Have to agree with you Ding Dong Dell, there does appear to be more reports than usual. This week alone, there are 17 reports with half of them being for Language offences.
It would appear that we may be slipping back into the old habits of the the old DVFL.
Any ideas how this trend can be stopped?

Umpires were instructed to pull up all players and officials on language this year to clean up the NFL. Players need to learn they CAN NOT ABUSE UMPIRES! Every coach and player were also told this at training before the start of the year.

I know it's frustrating when you get a couple of umpires who have no idea, however they are there because players scared away the kids a few years ago who would have made great umpires today.

I stand to be corrected by the Berger faithful – however I hear that Heidelberg FC have so far, one player committed to the interleague game: Harvey (and I am not talking about blokes who were named or that turned up to training .. I'm talking bloke who have said "I want to play")

It’s a given and totally understandable that the Nolen boys will be unavailable due to the family tragedy . However them aside it does not bode well for the future or credibility of the game.

Can’t see the incentive for other clubs to encourage players to play – if the best team of the last few years only have one bloke available. Other clubs would be wanting to rest blokes for sure.

The game itself is a good idea, but I reckon it could/ should go the same way as the State of Origin .. too many blokes not interested.

Thoughts?

I stand to be corrected by the Berger faithful – however I hear that Heidelberg FC have so far, one player committed to the interleague game: Harvey (and I am not talking about blokes who were named or that turned up to training .. I'm talking bloke who have said "I want to play")

It’s a given and totally understandable that the Nolen boys will be unavailable due to the family tragedy . However them aside it does not bode well for the future or credibility of the game.

Can’t see the incentive for other clubs to encourage players to play – if the best team of the last few years only have one bloke available. Other clubs would be wanting to rest blokes for sure.

The game itself is a good idea, but I reckon it could/ should go the same way as the State of Origin .. too many blokes not interested.

Thoughts?

Haydock is definately playing

Final Squads from NFL website

MITCHELL DAVID BUNDOORA
ROGERS CLAYTON BUNDOORA
GLOURY NEIL BUNDOORA
CUSACK TIM DIAMOND CREEK
MERKEL JOSH ELTHAM
GILBERT LEIGH GREENSBOROUGH
TOOMEY DAMIAN GREENSBOROUGH
AUSTIN SHAUN GREENSBOROUGH
HAYDOCK DEAN HEIDELBERG
HARVEY BLAIR HEIDELBERG
SWINDON AMBROSE MONTMORENCY
MCGOUGH JARRYD MONTMORENCY
GUTTERSON BRENT MONTMORENCY
SAGE DANIEL MONTMORENCY
FRICKER GARETH MONTMORENCY
STANLEY DERRYN MONTMORENCY
HAYES BRETT MONTMORENCY
HABCHI ANDRE NORTHCOTE PARK
WILSON BRETT NORTHCOTE PARK
SADDINGTON STEVE NORTHCOTE PARK
RYAN SHAUN NTH HEIDELBERG
KING JARROD NTH HEIDELBERG
HARVEY SHANE NTH HEIDELBERG
SCANNELL TRENT NTH HEIDELBERG
DEAN JASON NTH HEIDELBERG
MCFERRAN DANIEL WEST PRESTON
MORRISON BILLY WEST PRESTON

27 players
7 Monty
4 North
3 Greensy
3 Bundoora
2 West
2 N'cote
2 H'Berg
1 Eltham
1 Diamo
0 Lalor

Being a Bundoora person people may think my preference for Heidelberg to win the flag is a bit strange, however my attitiude is if we cant beat them then nobody else deserves to win one!

Diamo are gaawwwwnnnn! They were terrible on sat. Playing against a second string at best Bundy team and still lost by over 100 points. Can anybody explain what has been the problem there this year. A couple of years ago things were looking on the up at creek???

its simple.INJURIES.Diamond Creek have injuries left,right and centre. 20 or so blokes are injuried down there apparently. With no injuries,there 1st side doesnt look to bad on paper but as they have come, we are really seeing down much depth they have.Losing Aron Burns to Monty doesnt help, hes quite a good player.

Have some really good kids down there though in Burton,Stephens and Simpson.

Just want to kill a few birds with the one stone if I may, with views on posts made over the last few days.

Firstly, the standard of umpiring in our competition is deplorable, and if Kevin Smith or anyone else thinks that is wrong, then you need to rip your head outta your Kybah Pass and face reality. The adults are second rate, semi ******ed power trippers and the kids who are trying to do the right thing are being taught by these morons that don't know a footy from a whoopy cushion...Simple. Kevin thought he could come in and wave a wand and fix it all. Kevin was kidding himself. An overhaul of the entire umpiring fraternity was what was required, not a band aid solution. Face facts, do something about it and we will all be better for it.

Diamond Creek may have injuries, but if you think that losing a bloke like Aron Burns to Mont was a big loss, your in more trouble than what you think. Id be more inclined to be worried about fighting to keep the good players like Simpson, Whitehouse-Summers, Cusack ect if you happen to be relegated, which looks to be the case at the moment.

Whoever said Mitchell would be captain of the rep side over blokes like Stinger, McFerran, Shaun Ryan, Jason Dean and Dean Haydock needs their head read. Honestly... tell me you were stoned when you dreamt that up and I will accept it. I honestly will.

Has anyone caught onto the news that Shawry has been asked to move on after dropping Kreuzer from the game against WPL a fortnight ago. Apparantly he didnt coach the side on Saturday, and a very good source has said that Massey is a certainty to take over after the break. Couldnt imagine the injured Brayden wanting to hang around too long if uncle has been given the flick. At least for the first time in a few years, whoever plays Heidelberg in the GF may actually have a chance of winning it. That is because that definatly wont be Bundoora in 2008.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back