Northern Football League Division 1 - Part V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't think of anything worse. Rather pull me fingernails out for a bit light entertainment. Notwithstanding having to put-up with KA flying the Panther flag :p
Tongue in cheek no doubt Boof !!

Understatement that the day is for a very worthy cause and should be heavily supported by all NFL followers. Unfortunately we all have had family/friends affected by the fires and even twelve months on the tragedy is all too fresh.

As a sideline fund raiser,volunteers are sought for a can and dim sim "eat off" with KA.

As a sideline fund raiser,volunteers are sought for a can and dim sim "eat off" with KA.

There is not enough Dim Sims in Eltham if KA gets going, if you find someone to take him on make sure there is an ambulance close by.:D:D

typical. u would rather watch ur team buy a premiership (once again). than donate a couple of bucks to a charity match.
Hey genius, talk about buying preimierships. Go into your rooms one day and have a good look at the 1969,'70,'72,'74 flag sides.Some great players there, plenty of home grown talent. Stewart,Capuano,Mitchell,Newnham,Massey,Sanders.Hopefully Heidelberg can learn from Eltham's mistakes and not stuff their club for forty years.

Hey genius, talk about buying preimierships. Go into your rooms one day and have a good look at the 1969,'70,'72,'74 flag sides.Some great players there, plenty of home grown talent. Stewart,Capuano,Mitchell,Newnham,Massey,Sanders.Hopefully Heidelberg can learn from Eltham's mistakes and not stuff their club for forty years.
Sorry premierships.

**** me. looks like you have a life outside the footy club.... and why would i go into my rooms if i wanted to look at your home grown talent anyway?......genius.

**** me. looks like you have a life outside the footy club.... and why would i go into my rooms if i wanted to look at your home grown talent anyway?......genius.

Go into your rooms one day and have a good look at the 1969,'70,'72,'74 flag sides

On the prowl

You will find he means our 1969,'70,'72,'74 flag sides

Big signing for the Lower Plenty Bears signing young gun foward Hadyn "Darren Glass" Bryce from Greensborough for 200 a game. Haydz is looking to having a massive year raving in the cave because of missing out all of last year.

Buying Premierships aside, I keep getting told from outsiders looking in that Heidelberg are going to lower the bar this year. What are peoples thoughts? Obviously some big losses but on the other hand a few supposedly "unknown" ins.

Personally I can see a marginal drop off but would certainly expect a top two finish. For the competition's sake we need to see someone start challenging us, which will hopefully occur this year in the form of Bundoora, Northcote Park, Montmorency perhaps even West Preston and to a lesser degree Eltham.

Buying Premierships aside, I keep getting told from outsiders looking in that Heidelberg are going to lower the bar this year. What are peoples thoughts? Obviously some big losses but on the other hand a few supposedly "unknown" ins.

Personally I can see a marginal drop off but would certainly expect a top two finish. For the competition's sake we need to see someone start challenging us, which will hopefully occur this year in the form of Bundoora, Northcote Park, Montmorency perhaps even West Preston and to a lesser degree Eltham.

Come and see the lesser degree eltham t'mrrow at Central Park Eltham

Come and see the lesser degree eltham t'mrrow at Central Park Eltham

Maddison Bartlett Fundraiser
Maddison Bartlett Fundraiser Written by nfl.org.au Monday, 22 February 2010 11:50 This Sunday February 28, the Eltham and Warrandyte Football Clubs - along with the local football communities - will join forces in order to raise funds for the Maddison Bartlett Foundation.
Maddison Bartlett lost her mother, father and sister in the 2009 Black Saturday bushfires and suffered burns to over 50 percent of her body. Maddison initially spent five weeks on life support and then 16 weeks in the Burns Unity at the Royal Children's Hospital, and is still undergoing the painful process of skin grafts, rehabilitation and physiotherapy which will continue for years to come.
The event is being held to assist the Maddison Bartlett Foundation in raising vital funds to help with future rehab and the enormous day-to-day challenges that Maddison will face for the rest of her life. All proceeds raised on the day will go directly to Maddison's future via a charitable trust.
The event will be held at the home of the Eltham Football Club - Eltham Central Oval, Panther Place, Eltham - from 1pm on Sunday February 28.
The day will feature appearances by many AFL players, with the game itself featuring former AFL greats Glenn Archer, Adam Simpson, Nathan Thompson, Damian Monkhorst, Shannon Grant and Leigh Colbert.
How you can help:
Individuals -
Come along to the game on Sunday February 28 at Central Oval, Eltham. Make a donation to get in and all profits from the gate, food, drinks, raffles, etc will go to the foundation.
Donate directly to the foundation.
ANZ Bank
Account: Maddison Bartlett Trust
BSB: 013292, Account Number: 901960922
Donations of $2 or more are tax deductable and receipts will be issued if donations are made over the counter at the Hurstbridge Police Station or if details are left with the ANZ Bank, Diamond Creek.
Business:
The clubs wish to have banners or signs on the fences all around the ground. If you have a banner or a sign which is suitable, this will be put up for a donation to the foundation:
Banners, signs under 3 metres in length - $300
Banners, signs under 6 metres in length - $400
Larger banners and signs - negotiation
For more information on the day, please contact either:
Alan Sheehan, 0408 940 636
Email: elthamcc@hotmail.com This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Mal Brown, 9439 1528
Jimmy Logan, 0414 337 418
Michael Tout, 0433 934 130
Email: Warrandyte@efl.org.au This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally I can see a marginal drop off but would certainly expect a top two finish. For the competition's sake we need to see someone start challenging us, which will hopefully occur this year in the form of Bundoora, Northcote Park, Montmorency perhaps even West Preston and to a lesser degree Eltham.[/qu

Get yourself a missues big boy!

mustafish? mustabeastinker......if your aware mate there are 5 teams that can make finals this year...North Heidelberg, Eltham and Gboro will all contend for that 5th position...West and Lalor will fight relegation...
Word is that Richard Champion who has been living in Oakleigh since moving down from Brisbane is wanting to have a run around with Eltham after being in contact with Adam Simpson
hince why ive got smokeys macleod in there...

hey boys just wanna know an honest opinion on which league is better out of nfl, edfl and efl? seems whoever i ask they allways say the league they play in.

hey boys just wanna know an honest opinion on which league is better out of nfl, edfl and efl? seems whoever i ask they allways say the league they play in.

My opinion is that the only Heidelberg in the NFL would compete with the top 3 or 4 in the EFL. EDFL though seems to be around the same par as NFL.

great day put on by eltham and warrandyte yesterday. well organised and im sure they raised alot of cash for a good cause. Both teams took it very serious and im sure it was a good hit out for 2 teams. As for eltham i think they might be around the same position as last year, they rely to much on varsa and connelly. with only currie and maybe one or 2 to come back they might push for that 5th spot, but it might be a struggle. good day anyone, good to see local footy back!

Eastern would be the best but the EDFL is closing the gap. The NFL bar Heidelberg isn't as strong as the other two IMO. Would be good to organise a footy carnival with each of the metro leagues competing.

he did look good lions, his name is joe cole never been much talk about him i spose cause everyone has been concentrating on richard. Can really play though won the best in the comp in central australia 2008 but missed most of last year with a broken leg

Couldn't think of anything worse. Rather pull me fingernails out for a bit light entertainment. Notwithstanding having to put-up with KA flying the Panther flag :p
ah boof my old mate its nearly here.sorry to hear you arent going down to hobart with the boys. JUST PUTTING A NOTICE IN TO ANY UNDER 19 PLAYERS OR UNDER 17 PLAYERS WE ARE LOOKING FOR PLAYERS IN THOSE AGE GROUPS. YOU HAVE A CHANCE TO JOIN THE BEST CLUB IN MELBOURNE.. COME DOWN AND TRAIN WITH THE SIDE THAT HAS ONE THE LAST 4 PREMIERSHIPS . training is next tuesday and thursday nights.its a great friendly club come along with your families and join in the year that we are going to add to our club rooms and make this club the greatest.
ask for gavin or steve. 6 pm either night.good luck to all and lets hope its a very even comp.

Eastern would be the best but the EDFL is closing the gap. The NFL bar Heidelberg isn't as strong as the other two IMO. Would be good to organise a footy carnival with each of the metro leagues competing.
no.1 eastern equal 2nd essendon and northern no.3 western region no.4 southern. not sure where the amatuers fit in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back