Northern Football League Division 1 - Part V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ah boof my old mate its nearly here.sorry to hear you arent going down to hobart with the boys. JUST PUTTING A NOTICE IN TO ANY UNDER 19 PLAYERS OR UNDER 17 PLAYERS WE ARE LOOKING FOR PLAYERS IN THOSE AGE GROUPS. YOU HAVE A CHANCE TO JOIN THE BEST CLUB IN MELBOURNE.. COME DOWN AND TRAIN WITH THE SIDE THAT HAS ONE THE LAST 4 PREMIERSHIPS . training is next tuesday and thursday nights.its a great friendly club come along with your families and join in the year that we are going to add to our club rooms and make this club the greatest.
ask for gavin or steve. 6 pm either night.good luck to all and lets hope its a very even comp.

the only trouble is that you will have no chance of playing in the senior side.

I would suggest the rankings would be as follows:
1. Ammos
2. Eastern
3. Geelong
4. Essendon
5. Northern
6. Western
7. Southern

top five teams in the northern?

Over the last few years it has been:

1. Heidelberg
Daylight
2. Bundoora
3. Montmorency
4. North Heidelberg
5. Chook raffle

expecting much of the same in 2010 with maybe a couple of the lower teams to push for finals.

Not true, we had six players play seniors last year who were still eligible for under 19's. I'm predicting a similar figure in 2010.

Does that include Jamie Church, Hamish Paynter and Dean Smith-Whiting??

Because they have all left this year.

Over the last few years it has been:

1. Heidelberg
Daylight
2. Bundoora
3. Montmorency
4. North Heidelberg
5. Chook raffle

expecting much of the same in 2010 with maybe a couple of the lower teams to push for finals.

money spent over the last few years would look very similar thus the daylight:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ammos should be 7th.....

see the Troy Luff interview on how he signed with macleod at his own website 1man1jar.com.. Big year for the kangas!
WOW great pick up for macleod. a 41 year old who dud from sydney. he will be good at centre half back in the 2's. Actually he is playin at macleod will probably win the b and f.

I suspect it's not so much about money spent but more so about money WELL spent.

You can suspect all you like but thats reality, I know it, you know it as does everyone else.Half ya luck we'd love it too, but don't try and sugar coat it as something other than what it is.Its called sh*tloads of coin.As they say all good things must come to an end,lets hope for the leagues sake its not 10 bergs flags in a row later,although it would please some I suppose.:thumbsu:

I couldn't give a toss about any of this. The fact is that H are incedibly well funded... and good luck to them as they obviously have astute people as well as those who are willing to work for the club. Regardless, it makes a mockery of the competition. H will win the flag (again). The season is a pre-cursor to
this. Finals crowds will be down. Lets have some variety, PLEASE

WOW great pick up for macleod. a 41 year old who dud from sydney. he will be good at centre half back in the 2's. Actually he is playin at macleod will probably win the b and f.

Blah Blah Blah. Luffy will be a great pickup. He's been helping Puff out filling water bottles and moving witches hats for weeks. Great addition to the club!

my rankings would be:
1.eastern
2.ammo
3.essendon
4.northern
5.geelong
6.western
7.southern
ovens & murray and goulburn valley have got the geelong league covered. heidelberg ,vermont, greenvale ,marby park, blackburn would defeat comfortably any top a grade ammo side. ammos is good open[not too much contact] footy. they would be wanting in the physical department.

I couldn't give a toss about any of this. The fact is that H are incedibly well funded... and good luck to them as they obviously have astute people as well as those who are willing to work for the club. Regardless, it makes a mockery of the competition. H will win the flag (again). The season is a pre-cursor to
this. Finals crowds will be down. Lets have some variety, PLEASE
The real grand final will be played at the prelim then just get on the gas and let the bergs do what they like until there gone to a tougher comper divvy 1 is a joke. IMO

Watched a Macleod game the other season and saw a young gun who wore number 9, White I think it was, gotta be one of the best young players in the comp, second best and fairest in the comp last yr, not bad for a 19 yr old.

Thoughts?

great day put on by eltham and warrandyte yesterday. well organised and im sure they raised alot of cash for a good cause. Both teams took it very serious and im sure it was a good hit out for 2 teams. As for eltham i think they might be around the same position as last year, they rely to much on varsa and connelly. with only currie and maybe one or 2 to come back they might push for that 5th spot, but it might be a struggle. good day anyone, good to see local footy back!

just because both players had close to 40 doesnt mean we rely on them too much. it just means they are ****en guns. and as for having 1 or 2 to come back try. brendan o sullivan, lachy richardson, brendan ryan, paul currie, chris nanni, nick sandy, matthew williamson.

Watched a Macleod game the other season and saw a young gun who wore number 9, White I think it was, gotta be one of the best young players in the comp, second best and fairest in the comp last yr, not bad for a 19 yr old.

Thoughts?

You are right Freddy, Justin 'Scooter' White is one the best young players in the comp. Think he still might be eligible for under 19s but will be an important player again for Macleod seniors this year. Would get a ride at Flemington today but the kid can play....good kid too.

You are right Freddy, Justin 'Scooter' White is one the best young players in the comp. Think he still might be eligible for under 19s but will be an important player again for Macleod seniors this year. Would get a ride at Flemington today but the kid can play....good kid too.
Be interesting to see how well the kid does against the big bodies of divvy 1.
Wish him all the best though:thumbsu:

just because both players had close to 40 doesnt mean we rely on them too much. it just means they are ****en guns. and as for having 1 or 2 to come back try. brendan o sullivan, lachy richardson, brendan ryan, paul currie, chris nanni, nick sandy, matthew williamson.
Yeh those 2 are absolute guns, no doubt. im talking about blokes to come in that will actually make a difference. and currie will. as for thr rest your clutching at straws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back