Northern Football League Division 1 - Part V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give it a few more weeks Turtle...hopefully the new blokes start to click. Going to take a while with so many new faces.

Some very interesting results on the weekend - well done to Macleod.

Good for the comp.

Very true! We had some good wins in the preseason, so maybe i have jumped the gun. I can't make it satdee night unfortunately. Hopefully the boys turn it round!

Big Lance has officially retired.put all the crap aside he had a great career and i would say got the most out of himself before his body just gave way

well done lance

Big Lance has officially retired.put all the crap aside he had a great career and i would say got the most out of himself before his body just gave way

well done lance

Agreed.

Not many of us have played AFL let alone led like he did. And to pull the jumper on for his old club is commendable.

Need more like him.

racism far outweighs a jumper punch.

More then one person around the ground. Racism doesn't belong at any club. period. NFL hopefully will act. reports are that it wasn't confined to the supporters and i hope this isnt true
parkers have till 4pm tues to lodge a complaint with the league.what is bennets track record like with mouthing off and being reported?

The only thing I can think of was the friendly banter directed towards
your player who was red carded for the "Welcome to D1 king hit" that was not seen by the field umpires, but in clear view of the goal umpire.

So is it the feedback that was disgraceful, the umpiring, the cowardly hit or simply the soft performance of NP (except SAAD who I think was the only player who saved you from really embarrassing yourselves).

The ground was in pretty good condition - so yes Rodney, the ground was doctored from a slope to a slant.

Looking forward to Lalor this week and expecting a much more physical contest.
ground was ordinary at best. half dry half very soft.bounce was very unpredictable as well.needs more work and time to be up scratch

First round produced some interesting results but wise judges will wait for a few more rounds before attempting any educated assessments.

Passed through Warringal Park then over to De Winton for the last stanza. Heidelberg mostly dominant but very wasteful in front of goal. Lalor's leg speed worried the Tigers on occasions.

Stirring win by Macleod on Melican Park however crowd sledging of the Cougars even out did some Bloods supporters' appraisal of J Murphy's character.
How did the boys from Goulburn Valley go for the tigers ie Jake anderson,Shaun Logie and Matt chapman

ground was ordinary at best. half dry half very soft.bounce was very unpredictable as well.needs more work and time to be up scratch

Council will be working over the next fortnight to get it back up to scratch for R3. While not ideal at the moment it will get much better in coming weeks. Pitty the council didn't look after it better over summer with all the money they spent on it last year!

How did the boys from Goulburn Valley go for the tigers ie Jake anderson,Shaun Logie and Matt chapman
From my limited viewing time Logie was the pick of the three with solid contributions from the other two, albeit under limited opposition pressure.

Logie appears to have good skills and decision making when in traffic. Sterner test this week against last year's runners up on their patch.

not to sure about being reported but the little rat has always had a mouth on him then been protected by his cousin who doesn't seem to be playing anymore, only bad thing is that he may mouth of but can back it up with his game.
Still having a crack at Andy... thought you would have let it go by now, not sure about your coment of not backing it up, he did will the league B+F a few years back, how many votes did you get?
As for Jezza he will be back in 2 weeks after a little holiday thanks to the tribunal.

Still having a crack at Andy... thought you would have let it go by now, not sure about your coment of not backing it up, he did will the league B+F a few years back, how many votes did you get?
As for Jezza he will be back in 2 weeks after a little holiday thanks to the tribunal.

You Macleod people always so damn defensive and paranoid. You even highlighted the bit where he wrote "CAN BACK IT UP WITH HIS GAME"

Read it over again and see the error of your ways.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

G'day guys!

I'll be commentating Bundoora V Heidelberg this Saturday with Jarrod Carey and Couta, while Dyl and Joshy Berriman call Montmorency V Eltham at night.

I'm very excited fellas, hopefully Bundoora can put up the fight they did in the grand final last year, and hopefully use their ground to advantage and it's an absolute corker of a game!!

Tune in :)

Serious note boys..... many changes round the traps???

North Heidelberg

In - Louis Hill, Billy McClintock

Out - Rohan King, Ben Naylon (both inj)

Heidelberg

No Change

Eltham

In - Liam Austin, Josh Lowry, Chris Burton

Out - Adam Simpson (unavailable), Ryan Hocking, Brendan Ryan (inj)

Macleod

In - Reardon

Out - Melican (inj)

Montmorency

In - Nigel Williams

Out - TBA

West Preston

In - J Raemakers, D Smith

Out - R Ewing, J Doukas (Both ommitted)

Bundoora

In - Brayden Scmidt, Clayton Rogers, Andrew Stellas

Out - Tony Hogg, Chris Hunt, Tim Keily

2010 Division One Seniors
Lalor . . . .
Macleod . . . .

Northcote Park 3.5 4.6 8.9 12.19 (91)
North Heidelberg 3.2 8.8 14.12 20.13 (133)

GOALS:
Northcote Park: Saad 4 Violato 2 Dagher Whillans Papas Colman Luzza Cook
North Heidelberg: O'Neill 4 King 4 Gilbert 3 Kelly 3 Florance 2 Massey 2 King Holmes

BEST:
Northcote Park: Hiho Dagher Violato Carter McNiece O'Connell
North Heidelberg: Holmes Kelly Mowlam King Gilbert King

Greensborough 1.4 3.5 9.7 9.9 (63)
W Preston Lakeside 4.3 8.9 13.12 16.17 (113)

GOALS:
Greensborough: Boyden 2 Gunn Mason Howard Fowler Grubb Tucker Pemberton
W Preston Lakeside: Dobby 4 Micevski 3 Ramaekers 2 Smith 2 Bardon 2 Gannon Vincitorio Sanderson

BEST:
Greensborough: Tucker Howard Gunn McKinnon Capaldo Pemberton
W Preston Lakeside: Micevski Williams Sanderson Fahour Dobby Gannon

Bundoora 2.1 0.5 2.2 6.10 (46)
Heidelberg 6.1 3.4 2.6 14.18 (102)

GOALS:
Bundoora: Fletcher 3 Rogers Ergunen Harrison
Heidelberg: Caddy 4 Favrin 3 Hall 2 Logie Nolan Houlihan Franchina Sinclair

BEST:
Bundoora: Harrison Carlyon Gloury Mitchell Croughan Mitchell
Heidelberg: Nolan Logie Finn Coff Nolan Brunelli

Montmorency . . . .
Eltham . . . .

Lalor 3.1 12.5 13.5 16.10 (106)
Macleod 5.2 5.3 13.9 19.10 (124)

GOALS:
Lalor: Shepherd 9 Thomas 2 Morrison 2 Seeley Curtiss Dowell
Macleod: Lynch 7 Lovett 2 Corry 2 Paynter 2 Andrew White Shaw Corr Woodhams Long

BEST:
Lalor: Shepherd Thomas Hughes Curtiss Czerny Mafilovski
Macleod: Corry Lynch Kelly Bottomley Nankervis Bennett

Lalor 3.1 12.5 13.5 16.10 (106)
Macleod 5.2 5.3 13.9 19.10 (124)

GOALS:
Lalor: Shepherd 9 Thomas 2 Morrison 2 Seeley Curtiss Dowell
Macleod: Lynch 7 Lovett 2 Corry 2 Paynter 2 Andrew White Shaw Corr Woodhams Long

BEST:
Lalor: Shepherd Thomas Hughes Curtiss Czerny Mafilovski
Macleod: Corry Lynch Kelly Bottomley Nankervis Bennett

Flat track bullies win again. Gutsy come from behind win after being down by 7 goals at half time. Lalor still concentrate too hard on the man , and not the ball. Nothing much has changed in two years I see. Bring on the Panthers !

Flat track bullies win again. Gutsy come from behind win after being down by 7 goals at half time. Lalor still concentrate too hard on the man , and not the ball. Nothing much has changed in two years I see. Bring on the Panthers !

You are playing with yourself.The league has given you an adjustment period from playing 2nd division to two teams that should be in 2nd division.The flat track bullies will soon be smashed into little boys playing in there own p. o.o.h

You are playing with yourself.The league has given you an adjustment period from playing 2nd division to two teams that should be in 2nd division.The flat track bullies will soon be smashed into little boys playing in there own p. o.o.h

Point being that Macleod weren't expected to win any games this year, let alone the first 2. Adjustment period ? What is that ? Get over yourself. Macleod should be congratulated for being competitive, unlike previous divvy 2 teams which have come up, and gone straight down. They still may go down, but at least they're having a red hot crack and making teams stand up and notice a bit.

What a stupid comment. All teams play each other the same amount times noofer - it doesn't matter if it's seen as an 'easier' draw at the start, middle or end of the season. All games are considered big challenges for Macleod, and 2 from 2 is certainly better that 0 from 2.
Eltham considered a bigger challenge again and sticking with the underdog status.

I don't think people from Northcote Park or Lalor will take too kindly to your thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back