Northern Football League Division 2 - CLOSED

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Northern Football League Division 2

Thomastown : No. 2. , 5 & 65
No 65. Ruckman - for those who are yet to play. He fends off the opposing ruckman at each centre bounce, so will pay to jump from the side or fend off his left arm. He got pinned for shepherding twice, but was doing it all day. He also reads the play very well and is always a kick behind the play. Either man him up or make sure you have a good marking key player near by to spoil. Gives up when the ball hits the ground.

I presume you are talking about Simon Holmes. I also presume that you are either new to the NFL/DVFL or have never taken notice of the Thommo team in years gone by. Holmes, or Homer, which is a quite fitting nik, has been playing all except 1 year. He fends off all the time, and when the wind blows a gale to the river end at Thommo, he usually kicks 3-4 due to marking most opposition kick-ins. He has been doing this for years. I presume most NFL Div 2 teams have an idea about him, as well as many other Thommo players. However it was nice of you to post the details.
Did he do a job on you on Saturday?[/quote]
no shit sherlock, or are you captain obvious.....everyone knows how he plays and that still doesnt help them to ruck against him..another big ruckman set for return in the coming weeks, from a knee reco...lookout....:D:D

l was told frazer quit the committee because the coach of the reserves would not give the players a slab after the game following what the coach thought was a poor performance, he resigned in protest because the decision was not overturned by the committee,there may have been more l don't know

wat a match this weekend with the inform T/Town taking on the undefeated Watsonia.. who do you think will win??
Also i think South Morang and Reservoir will also be a great game!

Can anyone take a punt on how the Div2 Rep. team will line up??:thumbsu:

There are many things that go on at clubs, not all things get around, from what jinx has said i agree with most of it, i disagree with patta, people like him voice what needs to be said, people keep on going because they think nothing is wrong, when clearly there is. Im not getting in a debate on whats wrong with morang tell us blah blah, they lost over 20 players threw the senoirs and reserves, something has obviously happened, but that is for morang to sort out, not for the people on bigfooty.

Interesting to see patta back in the the posts. Something hit a nerve. Lives at Rye lol. I think you just flushed the Sth Morang prez out Jinx.

On Brownys current form, he wouldnt help any side.:thumbsdown:

Has anyone heard on the players invited for tryouts for the rep sides??
Theres only one team in divvy 2 and thats the eagles. The talent they have picked up this year is second to none . They even picked a player from morang that played a lot of twos and is playing seniors he wears 23 at whittlesea. The coach has drilled us with game plans for four months we cant go wrong . Eagles unbeatable this year

I will weigh in on this debate surrounding the big number 65 at Thomastown. He simply outplayed us and there wasn't anything untoward about the way he went about it. Could we have been smarter about the way we went about playing him....most definitely. But to say what he did in the centre square was illegal is a stretch to say the least.
Hopefully, our biys have learnt a lot from the loss and will be better for it. Look forward to the return bout in Round 18 on our own dung hill.
Maybe then Sinclair and Puffa can entertain us with a 100m dash after the game to finish the regular season.

I presume you are talking about Simon Holmes. I also presume that you are either new to the NFL/DVFL or have never taken notice of the Thommo team in years gone by. Holmes, or Homer, which is a quite fitting nik, has been playing all except 1 year. He fends off all the time, and when the wind blows a gale to the river end at Thommo, he usually kicks 3-4 due to marking most opposition kick-ins. He has been doing this for years. I presume most NFL Div 2 teams have an idea about him, as well as many other Thommo players. However it was nice of you to post the details.
Did he do a job on you on Saturday?[/quote]
i reckon shane tennant would give him a touch up, easily best ruckman in div 2.

Theres only one team in divvy 2 and thats the eagles. The talent they have picked up this year is second to none . They even picked a player from morang that played a lot of twos and is playing seniors he wears 23 at whittlesea. The coach has drilled us with game plans for four months we cant go wrong . Eagles unbeatable this year

cocky or what...the coach has drilled game plans but are you smart enough to implement them....just beat lower and havent faced the other bears yet..lookout....other sides have game plans too knob jockey and coaches as well. ours doesnt send emails every monday to all senior players regarding tackles, possesions etc....div 2 knobs, not vfl/afl....:D:D

cocky or what...the coach has drilled game plans but are you smart enough to implement them....just beat lower and havent faced the other bears yet..lookout....other sides have game plans too knob jockey and coaches as well. ours doesnt send emails every monday to all senior players regarding tackles, possesions etc....div 2 knobs, not vfl/afl....:D:D
Not cocky just confident we most likely have the BEST coach going around at the minute , just saying its been a while since the boys at the bottom of the hill have looked this good . As for the emails i put down a dodgy address............:confused:

Did he do a job on you on Saturday?
no shit sherlock, or are you captain obvious.....everyone knows how he plays and that still doesnt help them to ruck against him..another big ruckman set for return in the coming weeks, from a knee reco...lookout....:D:D[/quote]

First time Thomastown has beaten Macleod and it was just noticeable to see where the carnage came from.
I've seen Thomastown maybe 4-5 times in the past years and he has never made such an impact against us.
Nonetheless, It's in the memory bank for Round 18

Clearly it's working.

i reckon shane tennant would give him a touch up, easily best ruckman in div 2.

I agree, Tennant is very dangerous all over the ground, he'll shut you down across half back and he'll provide an excellent target up forward. Add to that the damage he does at the stoppages and around the ground and you have a pretty complete ruckman.

Did he do a job on you on Saturday?
i reckon shane tennant would give him a touch up, easily best ruckman in div 2.[/QUOTE]

no doubt tennant up in the top few, but to say he is easily best ruckman in divi 2 is a big call. thought it was a pretty even contest in the ruck last saturday and there was no clear winner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apprently that jumper number isn't being worn by any senior player up at Whittlesea. That's the tip i've been given anyway..
Every side is beatable on a bad day. Especially if game plans aren't follwed.
Whittlesea Vs Thommo should be a great game if both sides keep moving the way they are now.

Things seem to have been implemented pretty well so far, however there is still plenty of room for improvement.

Emails are sent out Saturday night not monday.

What's wrong with being a little more professional?
Would Heidelberg, Monty, Eltham, Bundoora etc just rock up and have a run around and chase the ball all day, OR would they have everything planned out way ahead of time??

Apprently that jumper number isn't being worn by any senior player up at Whittlesea. That's the tip i've been given anyway..
Whittlesea Vs Thommo should be a great game if both sides keep moving the way they are now.

Things seem to have been implemented pretty well so far, however there is still plenty of room for improvement.

Would Heidelberg, Monty, Eltham, Bundoora etc just rock up and have a run around and chase the ball all day, OR would they have everything planned out way ahead of time??

as if some sides would just turn up and play/kick, the email thing is ridiculous....the best coach in div 2, hes oached 5 games of senior footy, we'll see at seasons end when your're the bridesmaides yet again....hope you can catch the garter though....

And whats wrong with emailing statistics? Im sure every player loves to hear how many possesions, goals, tackles etc... div 2...mm yeh but if you want to play div 1 you have to be professional. And by the look of it, the coach has brought that, and the players are following that, nothing wrong with trying new things, seems to be working. Good luck to them and you...

eagles nest... how has nick snowden been going this season? has he been playing in the midfield, or more up forward? saw he kicked a couple on the weekend...

sorry if i got the number wrong but the player listed in the record under that number played fantastic {real hard in and under} someone said the name so i looked in the record sorry still learning about all the talent we have here . Its great that all the players are playing for the coach. I dont mind paying the gate fee now to come and support

It`s a long season Eagles Nest! Football seasons of yesteryear are full of people who push there barrow`s at a great rate of knots prematurely, only to have the load weigh them down at the business end. I think over the course of the season there will be greater improvement in 3 or 4 of the other contenders as opposed to how much more will come out of Whittlesea. In the game against Lower Plenty I would have imagined the fact that Lower gave away 8 goals via free kicks (bad football I know), key players missing and the end result being a 6 point loss, all this whilst acknowledging that I do not think Lower will be a Grand Finalist, perhaps at best top 4, 3 if all goes there way. My point is that, although undefeated and probably Premiership faves, other sides are probably closer than you think and on there day quite capable of doing the business. From what I`m aware the Eagles had a pretty full on pre-season with I think 5 practice matches, could mean some weary bodies come August September.

You may peak to early, I have alot of time for Buggy but even he would acknowledge that comments that he his the best in the business are utter stupidity.

Good luck though!

sorry if i got the number wrong but the player listed in the record under that number played fantastic {real hard in and under} someone said the name so i looked in the record sorry still learning about all the talent we have here . Its great that all the players are playing for the coach. I dont mind paying the gate fee now to come and support
U should buy a membership tight arse

It`s a long season Eagles Nest! Football seasons of yesteryear are full of people who push there barrow`s at a great rate of knots prematurely, only to have the load weigh them down at the business end. I think over the course of the season there will be greater improvement in 3 or 4 of the other contenders as opposed to how much more will come out of Whittlesea. In the game against Lower Plenty I would have imagined the fact that Lower gave away 8 goals via free kicks (bad football I know), key players missing and the end result being a 6 point loss, all this whilst acknowledging that I do not think Lower will be a Grand Finalist, perhaps at best top 4, 3 if all goes there way. My point is that, although undefeated and probably Premiership faves, other sides are probably closer than you think and on there day quite capable of doing the business. From what I`m aware the Eagles had a pretty full on pre-season with I think 5 practice matches, could mean some weary bodies come August September.

You may peak to early, I have alot of time for Buggy but even he would acknowledge that comments that he his the best in the business are utter stupidity.

Good luck though!

good call brutal...praccy matches started very early, they have hit the ground running but at what cost ?? lalor proved anything possible come finals time, this is a area of improvement for them. it'll have been a long season in september from their 1st praccy game...:D:D

it's round 5 and there is still over 3 months left until the regular season finishes. Anything could happen between now and then.
One example, the top side could still miss out on the finals. Bit early to make bold predictions of teams winning the flag I think.

And Greatjudds it's a long season only if you don't look after yourself properly.

BOYS JUST RELAX, EAGLESNEST IS PROBABLY NOT EVEN A PLAYER, I CAN TELL YOU WE ARENT GETTING AHEAD OF OURSELVES. 5-0 IS A GREAT START BUT HAVENT PLAYED A LOT OF GOOD TEAMS. LETS JUST RELAX A BIT.

BIG GAME THIS WEEK AGAINST HEILDELBERG WEST, IF WE PLAY OUR BEST SHOULD WIN COMFORTABLY.

SEE YA FELLAS' AND GREAT JUDDS DONT GET SUCKED IN SO EASY.GAME OF THE ROUND, THOMO VS WATSY.

CURRAN AND MCBRIAN TO TEST THOMO'S PACE.:p:D:rolleyes::eek::):thumbsu:

BOYS JUST RELAX, EAGLESNEST IS PROBABLY NOT EVEN A PLAYER, I CAN TELL YOU WE ARENT GETTING AHEAD OF OURSELVES. 5-0 IS A GREAT START BUT HAVENT PLAYED A LOT OF GOOD TEAMS. LETS JUST RELAX A BIT.

BIG GAME THIS WEEK AGAINST HEILDELBERG WEST, IF WE PLAY OUR BEST SHOULD WIN COMFORTABLY.

SEE YA FELLAS' AND GREAT JUDDS DONT GET SUCKED IN SO EASY.GAME OF THE ROUND, THOMO VS WATSY.

CURRAN AND MCBRIAN TO TEST THOMO'S PACE.:p:D:rolleyes::eek::):thumbsu:

At least spell the name right mase... Its McBrien and doubt very much he will line up again. The cans are doing a better job then running at the moment.:D

It will be interesting come towards the better end of the season, it's impressive with the information they have on opposition players, i'm also impressed with the work behind the scenes (people who do the stat's work), I've played in divvy1 with some good sides, and i've seen some of the work they put in, but the eagles have taken it up a level, they've done there homework! and good luck to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back