Northern Football League Division 2 - CLOSED

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Northern Football League Division 2

anyone from parkside can u please tell me if any of these players are playing for you in 2008???

Nathan Tarrant
Brendan Ross
Emrah Aydogdo
Scott Dudley
Robert Baker
Matthew Houston
Mark Graeme
Anthony Romano
Matt Banks
Gilbert Davies
Alberto Acosta
Shane Knight
Tom McRobert
Santo Pino
Liam Bell

sorry i know its a lot of names but i discoved the first few all had their clearances denied ?:confused:? what happened their?

and the others i all found their names in an old record i came accross, any of them playing???

out of all the ones that are playing, if any, what will they most likely be playing in for rnd 1?

Nathan Tarrant - fitzroy stars
Brendan Ross - kielor - waiting for membership money from last yr
Emrah Aydogdo - bullen - waiting for jumpers to be returned
Scott Dudley - bullen - waiting for jumpers to be returned
Robert Baker - dunno where he is going but waiting for membership money
Matthew Houston - bullen - waiting for jumpers to be returned
Mark Graeme - playing
Anthony Romano - playing
Matt Banks - dunno
Gilbert Davies - playing
Alberto Acosta - not playing (work)
Shane Knight - assistant coach
Tom McRobert - not playing (work)
Santo Pino - not playing
Liam Bell - playing

Casey Brown and John Bell big pick ups for Stars aswell
Yes i agree will have an impact on games, as we know casey has played some games with the North Heidelberg in divy 1, and belly will be new to this comp but give him time, i'm sure he will find his feet as good players do.

3 days to go until the start of the season and the Macleod boys are keen to get things underway. We had our final hitout on Saturday against Kilsyth (what a hike that was) and were very happy. Whilst the result was irrelevant we did end up winning by a few goals. More importantly, a handful of key players had a very solid game and look to be hitting their straps at the right time. Wendt was brilliant and Porter had a great game also. Admittedly, we did not field a full strength line up which is perhaps even more encouraging. Looking forward to taking on Whittlesea in the season opener.
FITZROY STARS: I anticipate a very good year ahead for your boys, providing the wealth of players from different clubs can gel together.
FATHEADS: Totally agree about Waters, could be the difference between Lower finishing in the bottom part of the 6 or having a key say in finals action.
GHOST: I did hear that the crowd at Epping last Saturday was huge, but wonders never cease to amaze me...choosing the Epping game over Thomastown. Unbelievable. You still have the task of organising Sinclair to race our illustiorus leader Puffa at half time of the Round 5 clash!!
Anyone from Thomastown have a match report regarding their practice match?

3 days to go until the start of the season and the Macleod boys are keen to get things underway. We had our final hitout on Saturday against Kilsyth (what a hike that was) and were very happy. Whilst the result was irrelevant we did end up winning by a few goals. More importantly, a handful of key players had a very solid game and look to be hitting their straps at the right time. Wendt was brilliant and Porter had a great game also. Admittedly, we did not field a full strength line up which is perhaps even more encouraging. Looking forward to taking on Whittlesea in the season opener.
FITZROY STARS: I anticipate a very good year ahead for your boys, providing the wealth of players from different clubs can gel together.
FATHEADS: Totally agree about Waters, could be the difference between Lower finishing in the bottom part of the 6 or having a key say in finals action.
GHOST: I did hear that the crowd at Epping last Saturday was huge, but wonders never cease to amaze me...choosing the Epping game over Thomastown. Unbelievable. You still have the task of organising Sinclair to race our illustiorus leader Puffa at half time of the Round 5 clash!!
Anyone from Thomastown have a match report regarding their practice match?
had a 6 goal win againt pascoe vale, good team effort with onballers dominant again. many forward options with new addition in swabs. good blend of youth and experience with holmes and capeci, young abaela folino and co..:D:D

J Waters huge pickup for lower, athletic quick as a leopard and strong as a bull. Look out this kid can play, if is serious about putting himself in draft should carv it up this year one would think:D
he played thomo few weeks back, must have had a bad day, very big wrap, hope hes not writing his own posts:D:D

he played thomo few weeks back, must have had a bad day, very big wrap, hope hes not writing his own posts:D:D

haha fatheads is definately no waters, 100% i reckon hes the new colt figure at lower but, always has to have the bleach in the hair and the coloured boots, interesting to see few people think the stars might get rolled in their first game, they will definately suprise a few and get by 6 goals i reckon, have picked up alot of good players

CLEOD 9: I will no longer be entertaining much of what you say. Do agree with you on the Stars though...could surprise a few teams.
JUDDS: Good observation...I take it you are a player at Thomastown?
Might venture out to see your boys train tonight...how are the numbers on track?
If you are a Thomastown player, maybe you can please CLEOD 9 by organising this half time sprint he wants to take place between Dean Sincliar and Puffa during the Macleod/Thoomo game later in the year??

Nathan Tarrant - fitzroy stars
Brendan Ross - kielor - waiting for membership money from last yr
Emrah Aydogdo - bullen - waiting for jumpers to be returned
Scott Dudley - bullen - waiting for jumpers to be returned
Robert Baker - dunno where he is going but waiting for membership money
Matthew Houston - bullen - waiting for jumpers to be returned
Mark Graeme - playing
Anthony Romano - playing
Matt Banks - dunno
Gilbert Davies - playing
Alberto Acosta - not playing (work)
Shane Knight - assistant coach
Tom McRobert - not playing (work)
Santo Pino - not playing
Liam Bell - playing

ohk so uve lost quite a few, what about??

David Clarke , Pagliarello , Lacey , Bisset, S.Keys , Henderson, ???

also are your 2 new blokes big fellas or smaller blokes??

It would be good if you could post your team up tomorow or tonight so we could have an idea of what its like.:D

is it also true r.wise will be missing first few games through injury???, also do u hav any oither injuries??

hey guys

just wondering which players are basically new recruits at your club after season ending injuries last season?

big news people watsonias 2007 b and f winner dean richardson has been keeping a bad case of OP very quiet and could possibly miss the entire 2008 season but will miss until at least round 6

big news people watsonias 2007 b and f winner dean richardson has been keeping a bad case of OP very quiet and could possibly miss the entire 2008 season but will miss until at least round 6
I thought Bubble won the BnF. D.Richo aint as valuable as his brother, B.Richo. Is a good ordainary player however.

It would be good if you could post your team up tomorow or tonight so we could have an idea of what its like.:D

is it also true r.wise will be missing first few games through injury???, also do u hav any oither injuries??

You seem awfully interested in P/Side. Will you be as interested in W'Sea next week, and then P.Hill the following. You have pulled up some names that I didn't even know pulled on a gernsey in any form of the game. Can't wait till you pluck out some old names from W'Sea and P.Hill in the coming weeks, and see if they're still playing. BTW, just a leg up - Ronny McKeown doesn't coach W'Sea anymore, and Ramsay has also moved on from the Hill. Both C.Brandt and C.Osmond have retired from the game. So if those names come up in your old records, you won't have to ask after them.

any surprise inclusions into the seniors this week at your clubs
nathan llewellyn has made a suprising return to the lower plenty seniors after a terrible pre season marred by a kfc twister addiction pressure is on to perform now for the pig.

also a massive return for "the ox" max leropolous who missed the 06 season after fleeing the country due to death threats sent to him and his kids after it was found to be him responsible for the lower plenty u/19s disqualifacation in the 06 finals series, back big and better than ever now even running some dirty ink good luck ox :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nathan llewellyn has made a suprising return to the lower plenty seniors after a terrible pre season marred by a kfc twister addiction pressure is on to perform now for the pig.

also a massive return for "the ox" max leropolous who missed the 06 season after fleeing the country due to death threats sent to him and his kids after it was found to be him responsible for the lower plenty u/19s disqualifacation in the 06 finals series, back big and better than ever now even running some dirty ink good luck ox :)

well well well lower plenty has had to resort to second rate u19s nathan llewellyn struggled to get a kick in the u19s now playing senior footy and ill give you the tip i did see him lately and he doesnt look that good

and as for max the ox it will be good to see him back to footy i happend to be at that final in 06 he may have been the reason for them being disqualified but i believe without him they would of struggled to get the win.

just a quick one does any one know what is going on with some of the lower players like billy barden, matthew duckworth and kane tenace they more than held there own especially billy in the final against lalor and kanes consistancy over the whole year have they been able to hold on to these promising future stars?

nathan llewellyn is sh it his pre season consisted top shelfing stigs and rooting fat 17 year old girls. The cu nts an animal.

David Clarke - not playing and hasn't for a couple of years
Pagliarello - not playing work commitments, may play later in the season
Lacey - playing
Bisset - not playing work commitments
S.Keys - playing
Henderson - playing

2 new blokes are big blokes, one will slot into centre half back beautifully.

im flat out remembering the side that was read out so you will just have to watch closely tomoz to see who is playing in which position. Wouldn't rely on the record too much though as the numbers have changed around a bit in the last week, although as every player you have mentioned on here is high profile you will prob recognise them all. should be fixed by next week hopefully.

wisey will be playing round 1, you might see him if you don't blink.......:)

epping v thomo epping 35pts
h/west v s/morang s/morang 50pts
hurst v l/plenty l/plenty 90pts
p/hill v wats wats 20pts
p/side v mernda p/side 18pts
fitzroy v res res 20pts
whitt v mac mac 30pts:thumbsu: go macleod

my uneducated thoughts
epping v t'town - t'town 48pts
h west v s morang - s morang 60pts
h'bridge v l plenty - h'bridge 6 pts
p hill v wats - wats 60pts
p'side v mernda - mernda 20pts
fitz stars v resv - resv 15pts
whitt v macl - macl 20pts

David Clarke - not playing and hasn't for a couple of years
Pagliarello - not playing work commitments, may play later in the season
Lacey - playing
Bisset - not playing work commitments
S.Keys - playing
Henderson - playing

2 new blokes are big blokes, one will slot into centre half back beautifully.

im flat out remembering the side that was read out so you will just have to watch closely tomoz to see who is playing in which position. Wouldn't rely on the record too much though as the numbers have changed around a bit in the last week, although as every player you have mentioned on here is high profile you will prob recognise them all. should be fixed by next week hopefully.

wisey will be playing round 1, you might see him if you don't blink.......:)

i believe that the team is

B, Lacey M.Ross J.Keys
HB, Ware J.Ross C.Norton
C, Diver Hockey McLaren
HF, Papa D.McCall King
F, S.Keys Romano Henderson
R, Friel R.Wise Graeme
INT, Davies, S.Ross, Kaminski, McGillien

please inform if this is wrong ? and if so wat is definately wrong? :D

anyone know the south morang line up for saturday v west h'berg??? interesting to read in the papers that they have alot of new faces

i believe that the team is

B, Lacey M.Ross J.Keys
HB, Ware J.Ross C.Norton
C, Diver Hockey McLaren
HF, Papa D.McCall King
F, S.Keys Romano Henderson
R, Friel R.Wise Graeme
INT, Davies, S.Ross, Kaminski, McGillien

please inform if this is wrong ? and if so wat is definately wrong? :D

LOL:D

TRAINING WATCH: Watched the best part of an hour of Thomastown training last night and they certainly won't find it difficult picking a side. There would have been in excess of 60 people training, though I imagine this would have been the norm across the NFL last night.
For the second half of their training Sinclair split them up into 3 groups, I imagine 19s, Reserves and Seniors. Certainly Thomastown's strength this year will be in their midfield and they spent a good length of time working on midfield drills.
Sinclair did a lot of "watching" from the sidelines and really needs to be hands on if he wants to race Puffa in Round 5.
All jokes aside, here is my contribution to winners in the season opener:
epping v t'town - t'town 20pts
h west v s morang - s morang 30pts
h'bridge v l plenty - lower 8 pts
p hill v wats - wats 40pts
p'side v mernda - parkside 20pts
fitz stars v resv - resv 17pts
whitt v macl - whitt 15pts
Good luck to all and let the games begin!!!

TRAINING WATCH: Watched the best part of an hour of Thomastown training last night and they certainly won't find it difficult picking a side. There would have been in excess of 60 people training, though I imagine this would have been the norm across the NFL last night.
For the second half of their training Sinclair split them up into 3 groups, I imagine 19s, Reserves and Seniors. Certainly Thomastown's strength this year will be in their midfield and they spent a good length of time working on midfield drills.
Sinclair did a lot of "watching" from the sidelines and really needs to be hands on if he wants to race Puffa in Round 5.
All jokes aside, here is my contribution to winners in the season opener:
epping v t'town - t'town 20pts
h west v s morang - s morang 30pts
h'bridge v l plenty - lower 8 pts
p hill v wats - wats 40pts
p'side v mernda - parkside 20pts
fitz stars v resv - resv 17pts
whitt v macl - whitt 15pts
Good luck to all and let the games begin!!!

Does anyone know if the league is still going to have a 3rd division in 2009? If so, will it still be the bottom six from this season who will make up this division? And if there is a 3rd division who do people think will finish in the bottom six. I would think heidelberg west, fitzroy stars, panton hill, hurstbridge, epping and parkside.
Any thoughts?
And for tomorrow i will select
thomastown to beat epping by 24 points
south morang to thump heidelberg west by 60 points
lower plenty to get home from hurstbridge by about 15 points
watsonia to be too strong for panton hill by 48 points
mernda to beat parkside by 30 points
reservoir to welcome fitzroy all stars with a win by 10 points
macleod to win the grand final preview over whittlesea by 8 points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad