Northern Football League Division 2 - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone prepared to give Macleod a chance this week ?
(it's eearily quiet out there)

What odds would a bookie put on this game ?
Macleod ?
Whittlesea ?

having more trophies in the cabinet doesnt necessarily make you a better footballer.looking through the record are you guys comparing the horman's?
apprentic who are you mate.do you play for thomastown mate?

True true about the cabinet part, but i still believe the younger brother is better! and yes we/they are comparing the horman bro's. and no i dont play for thomastown but do get down to most of their games.

and no, they definetely are not the burgoyne brothers, not even the wakelin brothers :D

Welcome back Cleod and I hope your uncle recovers ok.

Believe it or not I am giving Thomastown a miss this week and will be venturing out to De Winton to see the match of the round. I will PM you regarding details.

Apprentice/Flash - stick to talking about footy for a change

To my all important tips:

Lower by 27
Whittlesea by 3 (sorry Cleod)
Mernda by 40
South Morang by 50
Fitzroy by 30
Thomastown by 10
Watsonia by 40

Good luck to all....I am off to watch a DVD of Nacho Libre

Welcome back Cleod and I hope your uncle recovers ok.

Believe it or not I am giving Thomastown a miss this week and will be venturing out to De Winton to see the match of the round. I will PM you regarding details.

Apprentice/Flash - stick to talking about footy for a change

To my all important tips:

Lower by 27
Whittlesea by 3 (sorry Cleod)
Mernda by 40
South Morang by 50
Fitzroy by 30
Thomastown by 10
Watsonia by 40

Good luck to all....I am off to watch a DVD of Nacho Libre

geez, plenty of important matches in div.2 this round effecting finals aspirations and chances for clubs to move out of the div.3 drop zone.
so my selections are:
lower to just win over the bridges - could be season defining for the loser
thomo to continue the pingers wobbly stay in the top six
stars to keep their finals hopes alive by beating ressie
morang to thump west and keep their div.2 hopes alive
wats to finally win and also keep the top 6 challengers at bay
macl to cause the upset and beat the eagles and spice up the double change race
mernda to win another season defining match against parks

Just got home fron one of the game's of the year.
macleod up by 1 goal at 1/4 time
macleod up by 4 points at half time
whitt up by 1 point at 3/4 time
whitt won by 3goals

we kicked the first 4 goals of the last so with a low scoring match it was always in the bag after those 4 goals

macleod had cottier,mahoney,tsingaris,lundberg out and j bennet got ko'd in the 1st but came back on. dont know if they had anymore out.

we had ward,dyson,garland,t beahan and the big out of MASON:D:p

So we need 1 more win and we should seal the double chance as we are 3 games + % in front of macleod.

Any other results?game summaries?

Just got home fron one of the game's of the year.
macleod up by 1 goal at 1/4 time
macleod up by 4 points at half time
whitt up by 1 point at 3/4 time
whitt won by 3goals

we kicked the first 4 goals of the last so with a low scoring match it was always in the bag after those 4 goals

macleod had cottier out and j bennet got ko'd in the 1st but came back on. dont know if they had anymore out.

we had ward,dyson,garland,t beahan and the big out of MASON:D:p

So we need 1 more win and we should seal the double chance as we are 3 games + % in front of macleod.

Any other results?game summaries?

the only other big out for macleod today was mahoney. and it showed i think we struggled in the ruck all day and thats where whittleasea won the game in the last quarter.
full credit to whittleasea but to good on the day but was a great game. one of the best local footy games i have ever seen. high intensity and just a good contest! to bad we couldnt finish on top but owell. hope we get u boys again sometime this season.

Would just like to make an observation regarding the STARS draw. Every team we play, except Reservoir (Because we played them in the first and the round just gone) plays Heidelberg West in the week prior, so every team that comes up against us are as fresh as they can be. Not making excuses just an observation.

Okay 4 more rounds left, the Finals 6 and the bottom 6 are pretty much in concrete.

Whittlesea 17 wins - 68
Thomastown 16 wins - 64
Macleod 13 wins - 52
Epping 12 wins - 48
Lower Plenty 11 wins - 44
Watsonia 11 wins - 44
-----------------------------------
Mernda 10 wins - 40
Fitzroy Stars 9 wins - 36
Parkside 7 wins - 28
Hurstbridge 7 wins - 28
South Morang 6 wins - 24
Panton Hill 4 wins - 16
Reservoir 2 wins - 8
Heidelberg West 0 wins - 0

And here is my hopeful ladder with the STARS recording victories over both Macloed and Whittlesea in the final 2 rounds.

Whittlesea 16 wins - 64
Thomastown 16 wins - 64
Macleod 12 wins - 48
Epping 12 wins - 48
Lower Plenty 11 wins - 44
Fitzroy Stars 11 wins - 44
Watsonia 11 wins - 44
Mernda 10 wins - 40
Parkside 7 wins - 28
Hurstbridge 7 wins - 28
South Morang 6 wins - 24
Panton Hill 4 wins - 16
Reservoir 2 wins - 8
Heidelberg West 0 wins - 0

True true about the cabinet part, but i still believe the younger brother is better! and yes we/they are comparing the horman bro's. and no i dont play for thomastown but do get down to most of their games.

and no, they definetely are not the burgoyne brothers, not even the wakelin brothers :D

nah they dont even get close to the wakelin's id put them in the category of the first two cloke brothers :D
have you ever played for the bears?
just out of curiosity who do you barrack for.is it collingwood or essendon?:confused:

Whistleblower or Yellowman can you solve a dispute for me?

Over a beer last night a team mate said an umpire made an incorrect decision. The rule in dispute is after a point is kicked and the kicker in plays on and the ball bounces out without being touched it is a throw in not a free kick. I and about 10 others involved in the dispute say it is a throw in (which is what the umpire ruled) but one bloke still says it is a free kick. I know i and the umpire are right but can you settle this as wagers were placed.

Thanks in advance.:thumbsu:

nah they dont even get close to the wakelin's id put them in the category of the first two cloke brothers :D
have you ever played for the bears?
just out of curiosity who do you barrack for.is it collingwood or essendon?:confused:
can we drop this discussion please. its plainly obvious that you and apprentice_oo are the horman brothers and have been busted..grow up sooky lala's:D:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whistleblower or Yellowman can you solve a dispute for me?

Over a beer last night a team mate said an umpire made an incorrect decision. The rule in dispute is after a point is kicked and the kicker in plays on and the ball bounces out without being touched it is a throw in not a free kick. I and about 10 others involved in the dispute say it is a throw in (which is what the umpire ruled) but one bloke still says it is a free kick. I know i and the umpire are right but can you settle this as wagers were placed.

Thanks in advance.:thumbsu:

If the full back plays on..... its a throw on.

hey guys wasnt able to catch the macleod, whittlesea game. i no that macleod lost, but was a good game? how did shawry, ewart and white go?

Any news if div 3 is on next year.Looks like a flag for south morang if its on
I wouldn't think morang would be in DIV 3. Keep your eye on the ladder over the last few weeks, they have the stars this week and Epping the next, those teams NEED to win to stay in the finals hunt (stars 1 game out). Mornag is only 1 game behing the stars, and 2 behing Epping who they have already beaten this year! Then they play Hurstbridge and Lower..... Despite the opposition, If they put together another TEAM GAME like they did on the weekend who knows what could happen.

hey guys wasnt able to catch the macleod, whittlesea game. i no that macleod lost, but was a good game? how did shawry, ewart and white go?

it was a very good game! good hard contest and a very intense game. prob why it was low scoring aswell.
it wasnt till the last quarter that whittleasea pulled away.
shawry played a great game. he had to play in the ruck with mahoney doing a hammy against parkside the week before. we would of loved to have him down back or up forward but with mahoney out we needed him in the ruck.
ewart presented well all day and kicked 3. looks like a handy pick up there.
and white started the game well kicking a couple of goals and then presented up the ground a bit more in the 2nd quarter and some of the 3rd. he kinda went missing late in the game if u ask me.
all up both teams played a great game. i think macleod out played whittleasea for the first 2 and half quarters but then fell away for the final quarter and a half and it cost us the game. cant aford any lapses against the top side and whittleasea showed us that

I certainly made the right decision on the weekend and joined CLEOD 9 in watching the game of the round between Macleod and Whittlesea. This was right up there with the Macleod vs Epping encounter earlier in the year and the Whittlesea vs Thomastown clash from a few weeks ago. Macleod started with purpose and deserved to be much more than a goal up (I felt they needed to be at least 3 goals up). From then on it was a real arm wrestle and Whittlesea clawed their way back to have the narrowest of leads at 3/4 time. A 5 goal last quarter put paid to any resistance from the home team and Whittlesea capped off a gutsy win.
Best players for Whittlesea were Snowdon, Booker and Stevens.
Whilst for Macleod, their better players were Shaw (close to BOG), Nakervis and Sayers.
CLEOD: As we spoke about, your boys were very gallant and will still be in the mix come finals. Thanks again for the hospitality and those coffees went down a treat!!!

i Certainly Made The Right Decision On The Weekend And Joined Cleod 9 In Watching The Game Of The Round Between Macleod And Whittlesea. This Was Right Up There With The Macleod Vs Epping Encounter Earlier In The Year And The Whittlesea Vs Thomastown Clash From A Few Weeks Ago. Macleod Started With Purpose And Deserved To Be Much More Than A Goal Up (i Felt They Needed To Be At Least 3 Goals Up). From Then On It Was A Real Arm Wrestle And Whittlesea Clawed Their Way Back To Have The Narrowest Of Leads At 3/4 Time. A 5 Goal Last Quarter Put Paid To Any Resistance From The Home Team And Whittlesea Capped Off A Gutsy Win.
Best Players For Whittlesea Were Snowdon, Booker And Stevens.
Whilst For Macleod, Their Better Players Were Shaw (close To Bog), Nakervis And Sayers.
Cleod: As We Spoke About, Your Boys Were Very Gallant And Will Still Be In The Mix Come Finals. Thanks Again For The Hospitality And Those Coffees Went Down A Treat!!!

I thought you played for thomastown ghost???how did the Bennett boys go on the weekend??

I see d.butler - panton hill got 4 weeks for striking cogs from sth morang
Is that Danny and if so - could that be the end for him
Would he suit up again next year ?

I see d.butler - panton hill got 4 weeks for striking cogs from sth morang
Is that Danny and if so - could that be the end for him
Would he suit up again next year ?

He was meant to go to the tribunal last week but didn't show so that probably means it is all over, oh that and the fact that it was a cowardly act on a young player off the ball when he wasn't looking probably suggests its all over for D.Butler.:thumbsdown:

I thought you played for thomastown ghost???how did the Bennett boys go on the weekend??
he doesnt play at thomo, he only gets up on his chair after the game and TRIES to read the scores out in some sort of language that he thinks is english...one to many draughts possibly:D:D

He was meant to go to the tribunal last week but didn't show so that probably means it is all over, oh that and the fact that it was a cowardly act on a young player off the ball when he wasn't looking probably suggests its all over for D.Butler.:thumbsdown:

Cowards never change.

Has been sniping young blokes and those of inferior strength for years. :thumbsdown:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back