Northern Football League Division 2 - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard of an interesting decision at the tribunal last night. A player was found not guilty of a charge of dissent, in that he abused and was threatening towards an umpire. Having had that charge dismissed the tribunal gave him 2 weeks for failing to leave the field, interesting because he was not charged with this and the only charge on the charge sheet was dismissed. Can someone please explain to me how you can turn up to a tribunal to defend yourself against a charge, have that charge dismissed with no case to answer, only to then discover that you have been charged again without prior knowledge for something that the umpire or no other official thought was relevant on the day. This smacks to me of the old Kangaroo court of the old days, where club alliances and bias was the preferred method of handing out penalties, instead of logic, common sense and good old natural justice. I sincerely hope that the League takes a very hard look at this decision and makes amends, if not they will have opened up a can of worms that will look more like Snakes on a plane!!

Just heard of an interesting decision at the tribunal last night. A player was found not guilty of a charge of dissent, in that he abused and was threatening towards an umpire. Having had that charge dismissed the tribunal gave him 2 weeks for failing to leave the field, interesting because he was not charged with this and the only charge on the charge sheet was dismissed. Can someone please explain to me how you can turn up to a tribunal to defend yourself against a charge, have that charge dismissed with no case to answer, only to then discover that you have been charged again without prior knowledge for something that the umpire or no other official thought was relevant on the day. This smacks to me of the old Kangaroo court of the old days, where club alliances and bias was the preferred method of handing out penalties, instead of logic, common sense and good old natural justice. I sincerely hope that the League takes a very hard look at this decision and makes amends, if not they will have opened up a can of worms that will look more like Snakes on a plane!!

wishful thinking brutal if you think the nfl administration will look into or review this decision. yes it may now resembles a kangaroo court with apparent biased decisions. but these learned gentlemen are only taking their direction from people who want to sanatize the competition, contray to what some of their playing records might show

... A player was found not guilty of a charge of dissent, in that he abused and was threatening towards an umpire. Having had that charge dismissed the tribunal gave him 2 weeks for failing to leave the field, interesting because he was not charged with this and the only charge on the charge sheet was dismissed. Can someone please explain to me how you can turn up to a tribunal to defend yourself against a charge, have that charge dismissed with no case to answer, only to then discover that you have been charged again without prior knowledge for something that the umpire or no other official thought was relevant on the day. ...

If true, this fly's in the face of Natural Justice/Procedural Fairness. Put simply, you cannot be charged and appear on one matter and then be expected to offer a defence on another the same day. They know that.

Perhaps the self percieved belief of absolute power amongst one or more of these ego maniacs is starting to manifest itself. Like to see them try that one in another forum.

If true, this fly's in the face of Natural Justice/Procedural Fairness. Put simply, you cannot be charged and appear on one matter and then be expected to offer a defence on another the same day. They know that.

Perhaps the self percieved belief of absolute power amongst one or more of these ego maniacs is starting to manifest itself. Like to see them try that one in another forum.

Doesn't surprise -
do you see their guidelines to clubs from the NFL that they will not print anything in the record that criticizes the league or its administrators
" have an opinion as long as its ours " seems to be the way it is run.

Doesn't surprise -
do you see their guidelines to clubs from the NFL that they will not print anything in the record that criticizes the league or its administrators
" have an opinion as long as its ours " seems to be the way it is run.

Thats a bit hard.
They will do everything in there power to help you out. As long as it's what they want

I agree but no good havin a surerstar in the forward pocket against the wind when there is no one to get the ball up to him!!!
Stude dont think they underrated Mernda I would question the amount of research they do on the opposition!
for starters he is no superstar since he done his knee has done nothing , good 2nd division footballer that,s about it why did north let him go you do the maths

for starters he is no superstar since he done his knee has done nothing , good 2nd division footballer that,s about it why did north let him go you do the maths

Try telling that to Whittlesea, I believe Jeremy Page is still haemorrhaging from the return to divvy 2 lashing that moorey gave him

Played a big part in North's granny win a few years ago and worked hard to get back to playing after the knee, probably got more to show for his career in only a few years than most trotting around, North wont challenge the top two this year, they'd be a shitload closer if he was still there, why dont ya go down and watch him a few times before start paying out.

The only maths in that transaction was done by treasurers
Ask Epping how much

wishful thinking brutal if you think the nfl administration will look into or review this decision. yes it may now resembles a kangaroo court with apparent biased decisions. but these learned gentlemen are only taking their direction from people who want to sanatize the competition, contray to what some of their playing records might show

Case dismissed! Failed to provide natural justice in that the rules allowing a player the option of takeing set penalty were not followed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Eye
Diamond Creek to beat Hurstbridge
Macleod to beat Lower Plenty
Fitzroy Stars to beat Mernda
South Morang to beat Heidelberg West
Parkside to beat Panton Hill
Whittlesea to beat Reservoir
Watsonia to beat Epping

Creek easy
Macleod easy
Mernda just
West just
Parkside easy
Whittlesea just
Watsonia easy

my thoughts on this round follow pretty well follow yours stude:
diamond creek who must be co-favourites for he premiership to smash their local rivals
macleod to easily account for lower plenty and start that clubs slide into division 3 for this and next season. if they cant beat teh better sides around them then they are doomed.
mernda at home should be able to hold off a very competative fitzroy all stars
in the battle of the who cares south morang probably will get over heidelberg west because of home ground advantage, not talent.
an interesting match up the hill with parkside probably going to get a rare win away at panton hill
whittlesea by how far against reservoir
with three big outs watsonia will be shorthanded against an epping side keen to reverse last week's loss
and there you have it!

How can anyone follow Eppings form ? Well done Mernda and continuing your good form from the end of last season.

Macleod won by 25 goals over South Morang. As you mentioned, they looked a little lost on the big Heidelberg Ground. I hope they haven't overspent on recruits as D3 could be on the cards for them

It appears Morang have spent too much and may not get the reward, The palyers are all great blokes but maybe not up to the standard of the NFL big guns this season, or may need to gell together still. they do seem to have a lot of talent. may need to get some basic things sorted behind the scenes?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Eye
Diamond Creek to beat Hurstbridge
Macleod to beat Lower Plenty
Fitzroy Stars to beat Mernda
South Morang to beat Heidelberg West
Parkside to beat Panton Hill
Whittlesea to beat Reservoir
Watsonia to beat Epping

my thoughts on this round follow pretty well follow yours stude:
diamond creek who must be co-favourites for he premiership to smash their local rivals
macleod to easily account for lower plenty and start that clubs slide into division 3 for this and next season. if they cant beat teh better sides around them then they are doomed.
mernda at home should be able to hold off a very competative fitzroy all stars
in the battle of the who cares south morang probably will get over heidelberg west because of home ground advantage, not talent.
an interesting match up the hill with parkside probably going to get a rare win away at panton hill
whittlesea by how far against reservoir
with three big outs watsonia will be shorthanded against an epping side keen to reverse last week's loss
and there you have it!

Creek are far from favorite, Hurstbridge will push them, Mcleod have that by a country mile so far.
Fitroy will push Mernda
Morang will destroy HW
Parkside ???
whittlsea only cause ressa are strugglingf
epping too strong 4 Watsonia

dicky has proved himself a gun div1 player. I think the reason he left north was for coin, hes a family man now and that would take priority over club loyalty. He will need the extra coin to feed his son his is one of the biggest babies iv ever seen.

Mernda putting together another solid win today. Lead was up and down all day until Mernda broke clear with a 9 goal last quarter. Stars looked like a good unit but once the margin was over 2-3 goals they just gave up.

Great game of footy at Mernda today in near perfect conditions. The margin dosen't do justice to what was a great game apart from the last 10 min in which Mernda ran away with the win.
My better players for Mernda : Shelt's, Eggy, Burger, Doeven, Reesy, Matty Vas & Lezzy.
Next week we have Macleod in what will be another cracker of a game.

Again well done to the u/19's with another big win, 3 from 3 a great start.

Also the magoo's are back on track with a huge win today.
Go Mernda :thumbsu:

I thought we were in for a bit of dull day against resa(no offence)...Thought id check out the match of the week Mernda vs Fitzroy since its closer to home,must say both sides look real competitive this season and i must eat my words about Mernda being to slow and unfit!..Certanly proved me wrong:thumbsu: In a very tough pyshical game Mernda powered home...best players were in my opinion(Apoligies if i dont know ur names i lost my record!)
Mernda-Doeven,number 25,Aqualina and number 24Vasa-something? and 19
Fitzroy-number 32 was sensational!really top game!,they had a chubby fella up forward who had fantastic hands all day,Caluem Brown,and there ruckman was servicable in a tough task.
These 2 teams probs are the underdogs of the competition at the moment not sure if they can match it with the heavy weights like Macleod,Diamo,and whittlesea? we'll find out in a few weeks!
Good to see Aqualina playin well he looks fit and clearences were great out of the guts!They should be happy with him up there:thumbsu:.

I thought we were in for a bit of dull day against resa(no offence)...Thought id check out the match of the week Mernda vs Fitzroy since its closer to home,must say both sides look real competitive this season and i must eat my words about Mernda being to slow and unfit!..Certanly proved me wrong:thumbsu: In a very tough pyshical game Mernda powered home...best players were in my opinion(Apoligies if i dont know ur names i lost my record!)
Mernda-Doeven,number 25,Aqualina and number 24Vasa-something? and 19
Fitzroy-number 32 was sensational!really top game!,they had a chubby fella up forward who had fantastic hands all day,Caluem Brown,and there ruckman was servicable in a tough task.
These 2 teams probs are the underdogs of the competition at the moment not sure if they can match it with the heavy weights like Macleod,Diamo,and whittlesea? we'll find out in a few weeks!
Good to see Aqualina playin well he looks fit and clearences were great out of the guts!They should be happy with him up there:thumbsu:.

Thank you , hope you were hungry and yes very very happy with Aqua :D

Well done to Mernda today, was a great tight game for 3 and a half quarters. It was very dissapointing to see our boys fall away towards the end. Just a shame a comment made by the Mernda runner, ruined what would have been a great day of football.

Today Mernda turned around my perception that they would struggle to make Div 2, and i think that they could challenge (but not beat) Macleod next week. And hopefully our boys will be able to get back on the winners list with 3 home games in a row at Victoria Park, South Morang, Macleod and Epping.

Top effort by Mernda today, Stars stuck with them most of the game but fitness beat the stars in the end, Shame about your supporters Fitzroy, they should learn to accept defeat on freindly terms. Mernda beat there 13 game winning streak and go into the Mcleod game with there heads held high. Drakesy, Shelts, Stuey,Doeves all match winners. Very hard to pick BOG today. Good wins to the 2's and U19's. Could this be the year of the Demons? Bring on the Thursday night "entertainment". [,] [.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back