Northern Football League Division 2 - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has there been any official word on outcome of the "swine" affected fixture between Swine Morang & EpPIG??

Morang had asked for the fixture to be postponed until long weekend whilst I understand the pings had asked for it to be classed as a forfeit and for it to be awarded the 4 premiership points.

The pending result has a massive impact on whether one or both clubs will be fighting for chance to remain in 2 divvy.

Quite correct Kickass. My information is also that Epping did not want to postpone the match and have taken formal steps to claim the four premiership points.

And as I said in a previous post, the report on the NFL website, which is/was:
"The League stresses that at this stage it is only South Morang Senior players that have been effected, and that the flu is just one of a number of factors why South Morang are short of players".
leads one to believe that there were a number of major factors at play resulting in the match not being played.

Maybe someone from either Epping or South Morang can expand on the NFL comment.

One wonders what the NFL administration is hiding in not coming out and fully explaining the situation, as you have said Kickass, the result has big implications for the composition of Div.2/Div.3 now and next season.

Quite correct Kickass. My information is also that Epping did not want to postpone the match and have taken formal steps to claim the four premiership points.

And as I said in a previous post, the report on the NFL website, which is/was:
"The League stresses that at this stage it is only South Morang Senior players that have been effected, and that the flu is just one of a number of factors why South Morang are short of players".
leads one to believe that there were a number of major factors at play resulting in the match not being played.

Maybe someone from either Epping or South Morang can expand on the NFL comment.

One wonders what the NFL administration is hiding in not coming out and fully explaining the situation, as you have said Kickass, the result has big implications for the composition of Div.2/Div.3 now and next season.
the NFL are in a tight spot here, as i understand it there was only 1 player with the flu with a further 5 showing symptoms( I stand to be corrected on those numbers). if that is the case then it is hardly cause to call off a game. what happens if the NFL want to play the game on the long weekend but Epping say sorry, we have half a dozen guys going away for the long weekend and we cant field a side??? i reakon just give Epping the points and a heap of percentage points to make up for what they have lost by not playing.

what happens if the NFL want to play the game on the long weekend but Epping say sorry, we have half a dozen guys going away for the long weekend and we cant field a side??? .

Epping are playing Reservoir this weekend and have next week off.....there are several players and the coach who are going away on that weekend.

Anyone heard that the League have been in negotiation with wallan and templestowe to come into the league for next season?

Any truth in St Marys trying to build both a senior and reserves side for next season.. lots of cash ive heard and had a strong junior presence for awhile now??????

Any truth in St Marys trying to build both a senior and reserves side for next season.. lots of cash ive heard and had a strong junior presence for awhile now??????

The President of the St Mary`s senior football club was on the record as saying as recently as last Saturday night, that they would not be fielding a senior side next season. He stated that the league had two clubs virtually across the line to join the competition next season.

would highly doubt that wallan would go back to the nfl seeing as that they left 2 years ago to join rdfl.......i could be wrong but it just doesnt seem to make a lot of sense

I'm going to the Lower/Fitzroy game this week with Macleod having the bye. Where is everyone going this Saturday ?

Looking forward to a cracking contest. I don't think Fitroy will maintain their form and Lower back into finals contention........
Here's hoping anyway

Anybody think it is unfair for the teams playing this weekend? Have heard there are some sides out there who may be light on numbers with the long weekend. But i suppose it is the same for both sides.

Wouldnt like to be from Parkside or Hurstbridge as playing on the Sunday basically wrecks your long weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anybody think it is unfair for the teams playing this weekend? Have heard there are some sides out there who may be light on numbers with the long weekend. But i suppose it is the same for both sides.

Wouldnt like to be from Parkside or Hurstbridge as playing on the Sunday basically wrecks your long weekend.

Would have been better off having no games this weekend and playing next weekend. As for scheduling a Sunday game in the middle of a long weekend, brain deead decision.

Yes morang are right to play this week. And from what we were told lastnite the match will be played next w/e as both sides had the w/e off.

I'd like to know who told you that........Epping have quite a few players and the coach unavailable on that weekend!!!!

It is now 7 days after being advised that there would be no game and there has been no decision made by the board regarding the status of the match!!!:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

So the players at Morang have had negotiations with the Prez and are willing to play this week???:rolleyes: (only a rumour)

It would be nice if the NFL wesite could provide some updated news. Last time I looked last night, the most recent article was the announcement this game was off and the most recent write up of a game was from the weekend before on 23 May.:thumbsdown: Yet a netball game played on Friday 29 May had a full write up by the following Monday 1 June:confused:. I know the netball is part of the League but it is a football league first & foremost so maybe some timely football information on their website would not go astray.

It would be nice if the NFL wesite could provide some updated news. Last time I looked last night, the most recent article was the announcement this game was off and the most recent write up of a game was from the weekend before on 23 May.:thumbsdown: Yet a netball game played on Friday 29 May had a full write up by the following Monday 1 June:confused:. I know the netball is part of the League but it is a football league first & foremost so maybe some timely football information on their website would not go astray.

The weekly record these days is useless as well. Previous seasons they had previews on each match and a bit more relevant info - even if some of the reporting was slightly off the mark. Now it takes about 1 minute to get through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutal
Anyone heard that the League have been in negotiation with wallan and templestowe to come into the league for next season?

Yes but both have declined

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIAA

The President of the St Mary`s senior football club was on the record as saying as recently as last Saturday night, that they would not be fielding a senior side next season. He stated that the league had two clubs virtually across the line to join the competition next season.

The President of St Mary's is just spruking the party line as they are in the pocket of the NFL administration. Wallan have previously said that they would leave the league if a third division was ever to be introduced and one of the reasons for the VFL stopping Heidelberg moving to the EFL was because the Yarra River was/is the boundary berween the NFL and the EFL, so Templestowe are on the wrong side of the Yarra River, If the VFL were to reverse their previous decisions this would also then allow Heidelberg to move east!
And what other clubs are there in the area, just amateur clubs who have no intention of moving. So all the talk of clubs across the line is just that: talk.

It's a ****ing joke we have to play on Sunday. NFL must have been high as a kite when they made that decsion!!!!! Every player, coach and official that i have spoken to thinks it is a ridiculos decsion!!!!! I don't recall ever being asked if we would prefer a Sunday game either!!!!!!!

The weekly record these days is useless as well. Previous seasons they had previews on each match and a bit more relevant info - even if some of the reporting was slightly off the mark. Now it takes about 1 minute to get through.

It is absolute crap and I no longer buy it.
The problem is the clubs are charged for them even when the can't sell them.
Who own's the Printers ?:thumbsdown:

It would be nice but like the footy record it's Crap :thumbsdown:

It's racism people's:):thumbsu:
Just thought id do a cut and paste dictionary check for every one part of my Cross cultural training:D

rac⋅ism

 /ˈreɪ
thinsp.png
sɪz
thinsp.png
əm/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [rey-siz-uh
thinsp.png
m] Show IPA
–noun 1.a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.2.a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.3.hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

your not pointing out my lack of education caused by not being allowed to be taught by a tribal elder are you walker ? .. couldn't resist

Sunday games this weekend - wouldn't blame hursty or the devils if they just boycott it - what a joke , carey and the all the nfl people should be made to attend at the very least

How many times has anyone seen the nfl guys at div 2 games actually make that non macleod div 2 games

who is j.carey ?
how long are these blokes in power for ?
how do they get elected

the record is shite - do you see the rules for contributors distributed to clubs
nothing sexist - boo
nothing that would offend anyone - have they listened to their own radio show - talk about offensive its the stutter and stammer show !
nothing that critiscizes the league or its administrators !
it is beyond a joke -

they are taking themselves way too seriously and missing what their job is - organize for some park footballers to have a game --
it aint that hard boys -really -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back