Northern Football League Division 2 - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by razor#53
what does everyone think of sth morang pulling the pin on this weekz game due to swine flu??

what does everyone think of sth morang pulling the pin on this weekz game due to swine flu??

I believe the facts are
1/ 1 reserves player has swine flu
2/4 others are quarintined(2 were seen walking around epping plaza this morning
3/ 10 players not selected last week in reserves too many players
4/No-one is actually sick
The real reason might be thatsome senior players not performing had money cut during the week and might have walked or is it a plan to sabotage the season so they don't go to div3, whatever it is it is crap no different to an outbreak of measles, torn hamstrings etc a massive over reaction, morang should be made to produce medical certificates or forfeit the game

Well, at least other clubs are prepared to face the music and play this week. And my selections are:
1. Premiership favourites Diamond Creek host the vastly improved Fitzroy All Stars who will be looking to claim their third big scalp of the season. But at home and with the bigger and fitter bodies the Creekers should prevail.
2. The chest-thumping Lower Plenty travel to the countryside to take on an all but certain Div.3 team in Husrtbridge. It apears that Lower want to remain in Div.2 and if so must, and probably will, beat Hurstbridge.
3. Are Parkside real after last weeks pathetic performance and they won't get any sympathy from a Mernda side keen to keep up the momentum. The visitors to win easily.
4. If panton Hill are ever to win a game this season it could be at Reservoir this round. But with both teams definates for Div.3, who cares about this match.
5. Watsonia can help their efforts to avoid the drop to Div.3 with a thumping win over the hapless Heidelberg West. The margin - about 200 points.
6. Two teams who seem to generate an inordiante amount of dribble on this forum clash at the showgrounds. Macleod will be looking to open up the gap over a Whittlesea team yet to be tested. Macleod by a country mile.
7. Looks like hysteria has won in the Eppings vs South Morang game. Is this to be played on 13th June.

And can someone with some portion of commonsense at the NFL please fix up how the fixtures/results listing displays on the website. To have it all squashed together shows some unprofessionalism on the league's part.

Well, at least other clubs are prepared to face the music and play this week. And my selections are:
1. Premiership favourites Diamond Creek host the vastly improved Fitzroy All Stars who will be looking to claim their third big scalp of the season. But at home and with the bigger and fitter bodies the Creekers should prevail.
2. The chest-thumping Lower Plenty travel to the countryside to take on an all but certain Div.3 team in Husrtbridge. It apears that Lower want to remain in Div.2 and if so must, and probably will, beat Hurstbridge.
3. Are Parkside real after last weeks pathetic performance and they won't get any sympathy from a Mernda side keen to keep up the momentum. The visitors to win easily.
4. If panton Hill are ever to win a game this season it could be at Reservoir this round. But with both teams definates for Div.3, who cares about this match.
5. Watsonia can help their efforts to avoid the drop to Div.3 with a thumping win over the hapless Heidelberg West. The margin - about 200 points.
6. Two teams who seem to generate an inordiante amount of dribble on this forum clash at the showgrounds. Macleod will be looking to open up the gap over a Whittlesea team yet to be tested. Macleod by a country mile.
7. Looks like hysteria has won in the Eppings vs South Morang game. Is this to be played on 13th June.

And can someone with some portion of commonsense at the NFL please fix up how the fixtures/results listing displays on the website. To have it all squashed together shows some unprofessionalism on the league's part.
Don't know how you can possibly say that. I thought this thread was about to be renamed the Aqualina/Mernda Appreciation Society. Now that realy is an inordinate amount of dribble, what a one handed love in. A few weeks & we'll be reading where he will be playing next years. Rolls Eyes!

Don't know how you can possibly say that. I thought this thread was about to be renamed the Aqualina/Mernda Appreciation Society. Now that realy is an inordinate amount of dribble, what a one handed love in. A few weeks & we'll be reading where he will be playing next years. Rolls Eyes!
whit have lost regan,gilchrist,booker,crawford,fitzgerald,garland,mason,aquilina,jerram,gissing,
robertson, coff, plus a bunch of reserves players.watch them get spanked today.you cant rely on page and heenan to carry the whole side even though they will try to and when that doesnt happen they will crucify them

i believe the fact that you are a moron and have no idea what your talking about with concerns for the health of the rest of the club the epping football club and the children and families that go to the footy i think it was the right call on smfc part and as for the other ridiculos statement about players walking out you clearly have no idea as said with 15 missing out on a actual game each week there is more than enough players at the club but no walkouts as far as i know so to all those that do have an opinion about the flu then keep it to yourself

Since when has Sth Morang cared about anyone or there families ,l know many good people at morang and they are confused why they are not playing FORGET HEALTH DEPT OR ANYTHING ELSE THIS IS THE PRESIDENTS DECISION AND HIS ALONE,l doubt the walkout but players moneys have been cut{on performance so they should) but it is staggering that they have forfeited .ALL I KNOW IS THAT 1 PLAYER HAS SWINE FLU IN FUTURE TEAMS MUST PRODUCE DOCTORS CERTIFICATES OR THE SEASON WILL BE STUFFED WITH TEAMS PULLING OUT MAINLY BECAUSE OF THE DREADED 3RD DIVISION

Since when has Sth Morang cared about anyone or there families ,l know many good people at morang and they are confused why they are not playing FORGET HEALTH DEPT OR ANYTHING ELSE THIS IS THE PRESIDENTS DECISION AND HIS ALONE,l doubt the walkout but players moneys have been cut{on performance so they should) but it is staggering that they have forfeited .ALL I KNOW IS THAT 1 PLAYER HAS SWINE FLU IN FUTURE TEAMS MUST PRODUCE DOCTORS CERTIFICATES OR THE SEASON WILL BE STUFFED WITH TEAMS PULLING OUT MAINLY BECAUSE OF THE DREADED 3RD DIVISION

Mr Loyality, I think you may know a few more things than you are letting on.

As I mentioned in a previous post, it was an interesting comment on the NFL website that said "The league stresses that at this stage it is only South Morang Senior players that have been effected, and that the flu is just one of a number of factors why South Morang are short of players".

And my investigations have revealed that Epping were TOTALLY opposed to having the matches postponed and will be pursuring the four premiership points claiming that South Morang have forfeited.

The NFL Administration MUST come forward and explain what other factors led to the postponement. Because, unles they do, as Loyalty said, other clubs will be claiming similiar situations to subotague the season and delay Div.3 .

A nice 10 goal win in a half of footy.
The first half we played crap footy and the scores were all tied up at the main break.
The second half was a better, and with only 16 fit players in the last quarter Im happy with the 10 goal win.
My better players : Drakesy, Burger with 9 goals, Faz, Shelts, Spoona & Rohan. Special mention Cawsey & O'Reilly did a great job in the back line.
The weeks break has come just in time then bring on Diamo.

Well done to Diamond Creek today, very good unit! Don’t know what they thought about the umpires that’s another matter, I’m sure the scores would've reflex otherwise no doubt. One more to the group of boys leaving the ground 2 blokes in the back part of the white van and the passenger who had the balls to yell out to a bunch of women and their kids you black abo in the company van PVC air white van it was, you are the leaders at your club and you represented today when i think of Diamond creek now! "that's what i think off", really showed your true colours to the real supporters over the near social rooms showed good empathy and great spirit, played with the logan boys at Northcote park and great men. PVC air white van Mercedes just throught i'd give your business and plug!!! Cross cultural training can be arranged to those boys in the bus, if Diamond Creek push for them?

Mind re-writing that so that we can understand it?

Good win by Macleod today, the eagles took it up to the boys but Macleod were just that little bit cleaner in there attack at goal. Dissapointing Toll didnt line up on Andy B again, it has been a great battle over the past few years and was looking forward to another hard fought contest. Considering the Eagles interupted pre season due to the fires and the use of there oval in the recovery efforts i think they are going along alright, they will be contenders come september.

Well done to Diamond Creek today, very good unit! Don’t know what they thought about the umpires that’s another matter, I’m sure the scores would've reflex otherwise no doubt. One more to the group of boys leaving the ground 2 blokes in the back part of the white van and the passenger who had the balls to yell out to a bunch of women and their kids you black abo in the company van PVC air white van it was, you are the leaders at your club and you represented today when i think of Diamond creek now! "that's what i think off", really showed your true colours to the real supporters over the near social rooms showed good empathy and great spirit, played with the logan boys at Northcote park and great men. PVC air white van Mercedes just throught i'd give your business and plug!!! Cross cultural training can be arranged to those boys in the bus, if Diamond Creek push for them?
Dissappointed that there is still rascism in footy. Just because someone has a different coloured skin does not make them any different at all. I still remember the comments at that wallan match/ground junoir footy preston RSL against the two somalian boys (abdi & abdul) by those rascist 60 year old women "Look, if they took their tops off, they'd be bookends" nothing has changed, and lets hope moose's comments were not meant to be rascist...could be contrued as such...if you re-read them and it could be a poke of the lack of education that some of the aboriginal community has received, due to the white man not letting them have an education and treating them as sub-standard. You know who I am Walker...and lets hope the company of PVC AIR loses customers due to their workers rascism and maybe the workers lose their jobs too...or face some sort of sanction.

Far be it for me to support LLMoose on this forum but to try and construe his post as rascism is an a joke. He asked in a fairly friendly toungue-in-cheek way what a very converluted post actually meant. Whilst the post seems to indicate that a racist incident may alledgedly have taken place it is very unclear.
In fact Conniecoburg there are lots of things about your post that I find quite offensive. Rascism is a two way street you know.

Far be it for me to support LLMoose on this forum but to try and construe his post as rascism is an a joke. He asked in a fairly friendly toungue-in-cheek way what a very converluted post actually meant. Whilst the post seems to indicate that a racist incident may alledgedly have taken place it is very unclear.
In fact Conniecoburg there are lots of things about your post that I find quite offensive. Rascism is a two way street you know.

I don't like to offend people, not part of my persona. or job. What offended you about my post and I will try to explain or apolgise?

Just a few things about your support for LL whom you call LLGoose "You said it right" in bold?
1. His going to tell you about your education and re-write it!
2. Tongue-in-cheek way - for further reference page 57 of NFL Divy 2 part III - this has happen with Mernda may be it was Tongue-in-cheek and this has meaning to him? who knows
3. That allegation i invite you to come and sit with our supporters for a year, (that's an invitation) come and watch it unfold before you very own eyes and ears, "believe me"!! there's no need to make things up!! not in this real world - Definition of a redneck that hides in the closet - clean person on the outside but has dirty undies

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLmoose
Its a shame you blokes are up on your high horse. Apparently Mernda cannot have a runner with the nickname Blacky, even if his surname is Black. afaik.
I didn't see what went on at the end of the game,

But let me get this right "Blackie" the Mernda runner, goes out to give a message? to a Mernda player and says out loud my names "Blackie" is that right , that's what you are saying LL? why is Blackie yelling out his name to the opposition, oh i get it, the mernda player was deaf

Next time will buy him a runners T-shirt saying Mernda runner and my nickname is Blackie even though his surname is Black that way he won't have to yell it out and the player will be able to read it. Makes a lot of sense to me I throught Blackie said he likes James Blunt, not Blackie Blunt number 1# should use that at the tribunal

No worrie LL, how would you like that! eassy, short script or dot points? because you've asked and you don't understand it, i'll go dot points!!!
1. Well done to Diamond Creek good drilled unit (Well done to Diamond Creek. Good, drilled unit.)
2. Don't know what they thought about the umpires
3. umpires made some of the difference, NO DOUBT (Umpires were without doubt some of the difference.)
4. 4 men in a white Mercedes Benz van/bus (Company) PVC air!! as they drove passed women with there (their) children. you know the type of men who beat up on women, but go to water when confronted.
(4 men in a white PVC AIR Mercedes Benz van/bus drove past a group of women and children. The type of people who beat up on women, then go to water when confronted.)
5. Called out to them F***ing ABO's
6. To me they represented Diamond Creek yesterday? (Is this a question or a statement?)
7. I regard them as the the Diamond Creek leaders.
8. after having a few juices (alcohol) those 4 particular men showed there true colours.
9. Played with the Logan brothers at Northcote Park. 2 great men who have integrity and empathy.
10. To the supporters and members over at the social members side showed real empathy behavior. (a boy was stood to attention and spoken to about the wrongs and the rights of diversity of cultures).
11. Give the PVC air business a plug - in Diamond Creek don't know how many PVC air business are in Diamond Creek
(Give the "PVC Air" business Diamond Creek a plug. Not sure how many there are in the suburb.)
12. Cross cultural training can be arranged, should those 4 men in the PVC air van/bus are identified and pushed by Diamond Creek football club or community.

Hope this helps yah (You) LL

Cheers conniecoburg, it's just like those ads for violence against women!! hopefully the more we air it the better the people understand as you know mate

Stamp out racism

I thought I would show you where you went wrong.

Sorry Walker & Connie, I will start writing my posts in maltese and then when you cannot understand them, I will complain of rascism. I find it quite funny that none of you have mentioned the incident which I'm SURE you know about between one of your players and the poor water girl during the Mernda V Stars reserves game. (Violence against women does not have to be physical) I won't go into details because I am certain the Stars guys will just go tit for tat with me on it. They know what im talking about and I'm sure they would rather it left unsaid.

the lack of education that some of the aboriginal community has received, due to the white man not letting them have an education and treating them as sub-standard.

I find this offensive although I really do not want to get into a racially charged spat on the boards. This is not the time or the place. Things can be easily misconstrued on forums and unfortunately that seems to be the case. I do believe I have a higher intelligence level then you. My judgment is based on the way that you misinterpreted my sarcastic, tongue-in-cheek post and the manner in which you post. I don't see how this is racist. If anyone on here has never been called; stupid, dumb, idiot, etc. Then I will go "he" for tiggy! ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dissappointed that there is still rascism in footy. Just because someone has a different coloured skin does not make them any different at all. I still remember the comments at that wallan match/ground junoir footy preston RSL against the two somalian boys (abdi & abdul) by those rascist 60 year old women "Look, if they took their tops off, they'd be bookends" nothing has changed, and lets hope moose's comments were not meant to be rascist...could be contrued as such...if you re-read them and it could be a poke of the lack of education that some of the aboriginal community has received, due to the white man not letting them have an education and treating them as sub-standard. You know who I am Walker...and lets hope the company of PVC AIR loses customers due to their workers rascism and maybe the workers lose their jobs too...or face some sort of sanction.

For the record i am not the white man who prevented you getting an education, so why am i and every other white man villified as having done you wrong ... that is reverse rascism !
Secondly i can only hope there is one company called pvc air in Diamond creek otherwise with your partial identification you may have caused hurt and suffering to some poor unsuspecting guy running a business .....apparently respect and thoughtfulness only matter when they go against you
Thirdly your message is correct - there is no place for rascism - but be wary how you send that message or you will end up alienating those you wish to educate
Finally to construe moose's message as rascist well i am sorry but i believe you are being a little too sensitive to read that into it , the only thing moose knows about education is that schools have canteens
good luck for the rest of the year stars

So did the umpires cheat or just made bad calls ?
Would the Stars have won the game without these umpires ?
Do the Stars believe they can beat Creek in the Finals ?
Can Diamo be beaten this year ?

I was an observer at the game between Diamond Creek and Fitzroy Stars and for the most part enjoyed a good hard contest

however the game has been overshadowed by these alleged racist remarks. I know i am setting myself up to cop it here but strongly feel it must be said that Fitzroy Stars seemed very quick to jump up on their high horse about this issue

At half time i heard a woman from Fitzroy come and around and abuse the Diamond Creek under 19s for allegedly making racist remarks. Now i can tell you that i was sitting in this vicinity (no i am not one of them) and whilst their was the usual sledging, none of it was of a racial nature. She also threatened to have all "the boys" come around and deal with them.

Now if they wished to perhaps the creek under 19s could kick up a fuss about this comment? perhaps they felt threatened by it?

Racism is often portrayed as being a one way street however it does occur towards white people as well. I just hope Fitzroy are happy to be such moral crusaders if one day one of their supporters "allegedly" says something to a white person

I dont believe in umpires cheating, but some bad calls were made on both ends, but Diamond Creek recieved alot more and i think ended up with something like 7 or 8 goals from free kicks, free kicks that wouldnt normally be payed, and we had the ball taken off our forwards several times after legal marks...Umpires do play a big part in the game but i wouldnt say the result would change if we had more experienced umpires. I believe the Stars can beat the top 3 teams (Diamond Creek, Macleod & Mernda) on any day and not just on our best day.

Good win by Macleod today, the eagles took it up to the boys but Macleod were just that little bit cleaner in there attack at goal. Dissapointing Toll didnt line up on Andy B again, it has been a great battle over the past few years and was looking forward to another hard fought contest. Considering the Eagles interupted pre season due to the fires and the use of there oval in the recovery efforts i think they are going along alright, they will be contenders come september.

Come off the gass Romper. What!!!! Epping, Macleod, Diamo, Mernda or the stars are gonna miss and make way for Whittlesea (One will have to miss anyway), I'd like to see that. Except for some initial enthusiam and No's 19, 20 & 33 Whittlesea would have got beat by 20 goals yesterday. Epping, Macleod, The Stars and Diamo are streeks ahead and Mernda gave them a touch up. You don't have to be nice all the time.
icon10.gif

I thought I would show you where you went wrong.

Sorry Walker & Connie, I will start writing my posts in maltese and then when you cannot understand them, I will complain of rascism. I find it quite funny that none of you have mentioned the incident which I'm SURE you know about between one of your players and the poor water girl during the Mernda V Stars reserves game. (Violence against women does not have to be physical) I won't go into details because I am certain the Stars guys will just go tit for tat with me on it. They know what im talking about and I'm sure they would rather it left unsaid.

I find this offensive although I really do not want to get into a racially charged spat on the boards. This is not the time or the place. Things can be easily misconstrued on forums and unfortunately that seems to be the case. I do believe I have a higher intelligence level then you. My judgment is based on the way that you misinterpreted my sarcastic, tongue-in-cheek post and the manner in which you post. I don't see how this is racist. If anyone on here has never been called; stupid, dumb, idiot, etc. Then I will go "he" for tiggy! ;)

I do believe I have a higher intelligence level then you.
Which university did you go to, and what course did you undertake?
I’ve been to La Trobe and Melbourne, a BA & a GRAD DIP ED.

my sarcastic, tongue-in-cheek post
Besides sarcasism being the lowest form of wit, a person has reason or an agenda to be sarcastic…perhaps racism, which you’ve denied or to poke fun at people who may have the social skills that is considered the “norm”, the disabled perhaps. So if a person is an NQR, you poke fun at them??? You must be a nice bloke mate. Let’s hope you never meet people with intellectual disabilities. Why poke fun at people, can’t you just accept people as they come?

Then I will go "he" for tiggy!
clip_image001.gif

“he”…that’s another sort of ism.. perhaps it could be construed as sexism…..

All I said was “and lets hope moose's comments were not meant to be racist...could be construed as such”. Get the could be…don’t be so touchy feely, and loosen up or do you have a problem that needs treatment? Are you racist, sexist or just one of those rednecks that thinks your superior to the rest of us????

See you the next time my team plays you guys…there will be a cheer squad.

And I was still waiting for WHATDOWESING to answer my question!

Which university did you go to, and what course did you undertake?
I’ve been to La Trobe and Melbourne, a BA & a GRAD DIP ED.

Unfortunately I said I have a higher intelligence then you, I did not say I had a higher education. I have worked in a hospital for 3 years and let me tell you that I have met doctors, nurses and the like that are complete dimwits when it comes to anything outside their field. Kind of reminds me of your good self.

Besides sarcasism being the lowest form of wit, a person has reason or an agenda to be sarcastic…perhaps racism, which you’ve denied or to poke fun at people who may have the social skills that is considered the “norm”, the disabled perhaps. So if a person is an NQR, you poke fun at them??? You must be a nice bloke mate. Let’s hope you never meet people with intellectual disabilities. Why poke fun at people, can’t you just accept people as they come?

I'm not entirely sure what this "Sarcasism" is that you speak of...Must have been apart of your further education.

As I mentioned, I have worked in a hospital for over 3 years. On a daily basis I help the intellectually, physically and mentally disabled, most of the time going out of my way to give them the extra care they need. I will form my own opinion of people as I see fit. You see me as a racist, I see you as a racist. That is our own opinions and we are both entitled to it.

“he”…that’s another sort of ism.. perhaps it could be construed as sexism…..

Any chance you are a relation of Germaine Greer? That what the possibly the biggest waste of a sentence I have seen on this forum and that takes some doing.

All I said was “and lets hope moose's comments were not meant to be racist...could be construed as such”. Get the could be…don’t be so touchy feely, and loosen up or do you have a problem that needs treatment? Are you racist, sexist or just one of those rednecks that thinks your superior to the rest of us????

See you the next time my team plays you guys…there will be a cheer squad.

"The rest of us"
There you go again attempting to play the race card. You are no different to I or anyone else on this planet. We are all to be judged as individuals. If anyone has a problem I believe it is you, I see your true colors with the "Redneck" reference. For someone who believes aboriginals have been disadvantaged due to socio-demographic stereotypes I cannot believe you would use give such a blatant racist stereotypical remark.

I do look forward to playing against you guys, the reserves game was some great kicking practice last time and I have no doubt that one of your thugs will be given my number and due to your ignorance I will be labelled as a "racist" :eek:

good to see something different coming from the stars after a loss:eek:

I dont believe in umpires cheating, but some bad calls were made on both ends, but Diamond Creek recieved alot more and i think ended up with something like 7 or 8 goals from free kicks, free kicks that wouldnt normally be payed, and we had the ball taken off our forwards several times after legal marks...Umpires do play a big part in the game but i wouldnt say the result would change if we had more experienced umpires. I believe the Stars can beat the top 3 teams (Diamond Creek, Macleod & Mernda) on any day and not just on our best day.
racist umpires:D

Come off the gass Romper. What!!!! Epping, Macleod, Diamo, Mernda or the stars are gonna miss and make way for Whittlesea (One will have to miss anyway), I'd like to see that. Except for some initial enthusiam and No's 19, 20 & 33 Whittlesea would have got beat by 20 goals yesterday. Epping, Macleod, The Stars and Diamo are streeks ahead and Mernda gave them a touch up. You don't have to be nice all the time.
icon10.gif
surprise,surprise,whittlesea will be lucky to stay in div 2.already heard rumours of a couple of the boys looking to return to their past club before the clearences close.who could that be do you think?

surprise,surprise,whittlesea will be lucky to stay in div 2.already heard rumours of a couple of the boys looking to return to their past club before the clearences close.who could that be do you think?

from what I saw, the Bug made a crucial coaching mistake at the start of the 3rd quarter. Page was dominating the hitouts and was critical in making sure the ball stayed in Whittlesea's forward line. This is what kept them in the game.

For the Bug to move Page to Full Forward, all Macleod had to do was win the centre clearances, which is what happened, and pepper the goals whilst Page was away from the play.

Another reason Whittlesea lost is because Page cant kick straight. No point having a bloke at full forward who constantly kicks the ball left of goal. Had Page kicked those 3 gettable set shots, Whittlesea was in the contest.

Good to see that Toll hasn't stop taking his angry pills. Couple of 50 mtr penalties can deflate a side. I thought Roy Dyson was their best. Murray was ok, but well contained by Kane Shaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back