Northern Football League Division 2 - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And why are there two matches on the Sunday of a long weekend? Some great planning by KC and JC with no regard to the clubs and the players.

I'm sure the clubs were aware of this and perhaps maybe even requested the sunday fixture.

Clubs can make some good moola out of it and most players don't mind as long as they have adequate notice.

Not good for the church goers, but then who cares - Footy is the only religion worth having any Faith in :)

Get over it.

Sunday fixtures can be a boom if the club hosting / clubs participating hype it up and promote it.

Just because your sorry a$$ doesn't like going to the footy on a Sunday, there are 100's who do like to catch a bit of local footy action irrespective on when / where held.

Not everyone goes away on a long weekend and any excuse to get out of the house, away from the missus, a chance to have few quiet bevies and some footy is always welcomed.

Make the most of it - Don't sook over it.

Must agree with you here KA:thumbsu:

I'm sure the clubs were aware of this and perhaps maybe even requested the sunday fixture.

Clubs can make some good moola out of it and most players don't mind as long as they have adequate notice.

Not good for the church goers, but then who cares - Footy is the only religion worth having any Faith in :)

And again:thumbsu:

Went and saw a one sided affair today and got to say that either Fitzroy made Lower look really good or Lower made Fitzroy look really bad.

Fitzroy don't seem to have any sort of game plan. Players coming off the ground for no reason other to say 'I'm not injured, just need a break" and others coming off when interchange not ready to come on - it all looked a very unorganised from my point of view.

Fitzroy sprinted out of the blocks piling on 3 unanswered goals. Lots of chest thumping at that point. Then it all went pear shaped and Lower slammed on 9 unanswered goals. Andy Knee was fantastic as was Gill
and Bardon (No. 30)

If Lower can keep up that intensity, then they will certainly push for finals
in D2 - FORGET D3 , Lower are genuine D2 threat if they can repeat that performance every week.

As for Fitzroy, same old names played well. If they didn't have Brown or Procter in their side, then they would be very very ordinary.
Lots of blame of the loss towards the umpires. Seems to be the consistent theme when Fitzroy lose......

I`m sure Gilly would be wrapped to here he`s had a blinder for Lower, except that he now plays at Panton Hill. Unless of course he was there spectating and consumed copious amounts of the green can, in that case I hope he did have a great game!

I`m sure Gilly would be wrapped to here he`s had a blinder for Lower, except that he now plays at Panton Hill. Unless of course he was there spectating and consumed copious amounts of the green can, in that case I hope he did have a great game!

Whoever No 19 was for Lower - was BOG for mine.
I don't buy footy records anymore

Whoever No 19 was for Lower - was BOG for mine.
I don't buy footy records anymore

Close. Rhymes with gill. Would have been bill barden you were talking bout.

Good result yesterday. There were many out there predicting our demise. Which was maybe justified considering our start. We did play 3 quality teams first up tho and with many new faces and a lot of youth in the team, plus a new coach, it was going to take a bit of time to gel.

The last 3 weeks have shown the quality of footy we are capable of. As for being a contender in division 2, we are coming from a long way back and would want to beat a few more quality teams before we start thinking that and get ahead of ourselves.

On another note, without going through the books, we believe yesterday was the first time in the clubs history that 3 brothers have played seniors together, with the 3 barden boys. Billy and darcey kicked 10 goals between them. Was also probably the first time 2 under 17's have played seniors.

Morang got beat by more than 35 goals by whittlesea, seems the rumors of unrest could be spot on, 3 or 4 of morang's better players didn't play for some reason aswell,big trouble at the lakes?, they are absaloutley woeful at the moment and i reckon Heildelberg West would be licking the lips at the prospect of playing morang again at their home ground after the re fixture is done after round 13.Oink Oink! Bring on Watsy!
Whittlesea are no where near that good so it says alot about morang and its interesting that whittlesea are the only team in D2 to have never played at morangs lakes ground and this is the 3rd year its been in use.
Good to see Lower fix up the Stars in good fashion.What will be the Stars exscuse this week? Tha ball wasn't to their liking? Wrong pigment in the leather? Too cold? Too windy? Some mention something not to their liking? Or lets just blame the umps again!

Went and saw a one sided affair today and got to say that either Fitzroy made Lower look really good or Lower made Fitzroy look really bad.

Fitzroy don't seem to have any sort of game plan. Players coming off the ground for no reason other to say 'I'm not injured, just need a break" and others coming off when interchange not ready to come on - it all looked a very unorganised from my point of view.

Fitzroy sprinted out of the blocks piling on 3 unanswered goals. Lots of chest thumping at that point. Then it all went pear shaped and Lower slammed on 9 unanswered goals. Andy Knee was fantastic as was Gill
and Bardon (No. 30)

If Lower can keep up that intensity, then they will certainly push for finals
in D2 - FORGET D3 , Lower are genuine D2 threat if they can repeat that performance every week.

As for Fitzroy, same old names played well. If they didn't have Brown or Procter in their side, then they would be very very ordinary.
Lots of blame of the loss towards the umpires. Seems to be the consistent theme when Fitzroy lose......

I think we made them look good. Honestly there wasnt a great feeling around the club this week leading up to the game, alot of players had illness, which some still played and training was very ordinary during the week, going to the pools on Tuesday and only had a very light session on Thursday. I think the weeks break will do us good and hopefully we can return to form. I didnt hear anyone blaming the umpires on the lose? well they shouldnt have been anyway, because Lower would have won yesterday no matter how good or bad the umpires were.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we made them look good. Honestly there wasnt a great feeling around the club this week leading up to the game, alot of players had illness, which some still played and training was very ordinary during the week, going to the pools on Tuesday and only had a very light session on Thursday. I think the weeks break will do us good and hopefully we can return to form. I didnt hear anyone blaming the umpires on the lose? well they shouldnt have been anyway, because Lower would have won yesterday no matter how good or bad the umpires were.

Your bench made plenty of comments on the umpiring as did the clown who got sent off for trying to shake the umpires hand.

Also heard that swine flu may hit your club ...is that true ? I'm sure the NFL would be interested to hear that

Your bench made plenty of comments on the umpiring as did the clown who got sent off for trying to shake the umpires hand.

Also heard that swine flu may hit your club ...is that true ? I'm sure the NFL would be interested to hear that
Could this be used as an excuse, i'm sure it would, so what!! if the swine flu is true, hopefully everyone gets it so we can piss it off!!! the boys simply didn't run hard enough!! Yes we had players out because of illness some might of played and just got out of hospital!! really who cares if we've got players out!! so does every other team in the competition!! we still played and didn't want to forfeit the game.

At least now Lower have got next week off if they get it!! it last for about a week boys

About the swine flu, some one mentioned for all of the players to run out with the mask on, for 2 good reasons, 1 was to stop us back chatting the umpiers and the other no explanatory need!! but they didn't go through with it in the end!!:D

Agreed with BOG's #2 Andy and #19 Billy

Huge contrast from diamond creeks ground to a smaller lower plenty it was obvious that they know how to play on their home ground:thumbsu:

As for the umpires, it make a big difference when there is only a hand full of games on at the week end, and the ump's were on the best behaviour:cool: some real common sense!! i think?

Could this be used as an excuse, i'm sure it would, so what!! if the swine flu is true, hopefully everyone gets it so we can piss it off!!! the boys simply didn't run hard enough!! Yes we had players out because of illness some might of played and just got out of hospital!! really who cares if we've got players out!! so does every other team in the competition!! we still played and didn't want to forfeit the game.

At least now Lower have got next week off if they get it!! it last for about a week boys

About the swine flu, some one mentioned for all of the players to run out with the mask on, for 2 good reasons, 1 was to stop us back chatting the umpiers and the other no explanatory need!! but they didn't go through with it in the end!!:D

Agreed with BOG's #2 Andy and #19 Billy

Huge contrast from diamond creeks ground to a smaller lower plenty it was obvious that they know how to play on their home ground:thumbsu:

As for the umpires, it make a big difference when there is only a hand full of games on at the week end, and the ump's were on the best behaviour:cool: some real common sense!! i think?

umpiring wasnt as bad as u get generally in div 2 but they still paid some stinkers, and let some go.

Bardens and A.Knee were all great, the beats midfield is also underated.

#19 for the stars was a dog, hit at least 2 blokes in front of the ump, and drilled a bloke 30m off the pill and still didnt manage to get a card.

wooooooooooh go bears 09

Morang got beat by more than 35 goals by whittlesea, seems the rumors of unrest could be spot on, 3 or 4 of morang's better players didn't play for some reason aswell,big trouble at the lakes?, they are absaloutley woeful at the moment and i reckon Heildelberg West would be licking the lips at the prospect of playing morang again at their home ground after the re fixture is done after round 13.Oink Oink! Bring on Watsy!
Whittlesea are no where near that good so it says alot about morang and its interesting that whittlesea are the only team in D2 to have never played at morangs lakes ground and this is the 3rd year its been in use.
Good to see Lower fix up the Stars in good fashion.What will be the Stars exscuse this week? Tha ball wasn't to their liking? Wrong pigment in the leather? Too cold? Too windy? Some mention something not to their liking? Or lets just blame the umps again!

Have to agree Morang are woeful at the moment, not sure what the problem is , possibly a combination of things, watching the game yesterday it again showed that a lot of their players are not up to it and others are not interested. a lot of highly paid recruits are not performing and one in particular rumoured to be Morangs highest paid player in history cannott hold a mark. yesterdays game was probably thier darkest day in a long time, they seem to be getting worse not better. to be beaten by 37 goals takes them back 15 - 20 years, 3 years ago they where 9 points away from a div 2 premiership???????? all downhill since then. No 19's & no depth only overpaid spuds does not look good for the rest of the year really. at this point in time they will struggle even in Div 3 ???

Have to agree Morang are woeful at the moment, not sure what the problem is , possibly a combination of things, watching the game yesterday it again showed that a lot of their players are not up to it and others are not interested. a lot of highly paid recruits are not performing and one in particular rumoured to be Morangs highest paid player in history cannott hold a mark. yesterdays game was probably thier darkest day in a long time, they seem to be getting worse not better. to be beaten by 37 goals takes them back 15 - 20 years, 3 years ago they where 9 points away from a div 2 premiership???????? all downhill since then. No 19's & no depth only overpaid spuds does not look good for the rest of the year really. at this point in time they will struggle even in Div 3 ???

add to this with rumours of a couple of potential div 3 participant clubs maybe not going on next year and what I hear Morang may even fold this year as a result of poor performance and lack of income. What is the future of Div 3 ????

Get over it.

Sunday fixtures can be a boom if the club hosting / clubs participating hype it up and promote it.

Just because your sorry a$$ doesn't like going to the footy on a Sunday, there are 100's who do like to catch a bit of local footy action irrespective on when / where held.

Not everyone goes away on a long weekend and any excuse to get out of the house, away from the missus, a chance to have few quiet bevies and some footy is always welcomed.

Make the most of it - Don't sook over it.

Maybe you should take the missus out once in a while. Never know what might happen......:D Sunday football is still garbage!!!!!

Gee that’s eating your own Moving Pic’s.
Too many people have left the club is what I hear, what about the two grey haired blokes one of them has a beard & the other one was McEwen’s side kick I saw them at Lower on Saturday with the reserves.
So tell us why so many leave Morang, broken promises?? Not enough doing the hard work on & off the field??
Tennant, Coghill & Brown best for Monty Sunday.
Any truth in the rumor meeting tonight to replace coaches or pres???

troy luff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back