Northern Football League Division 2 - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does somebody mean, when they say they are a boxer.
Do they work in some kind of warehouse boxing small items
Does it mean they are a breed of Dog or
Does it mean they have hit a punching bag sometime in their life. :confused:

Epping didn't get a chance to raise any revenue on the forfeit game....... They should be counted as 6 & 6 and get an extra home game.;)

If Mernda are to play Epping, Creek, Macleod or Lower again they should be played @ Mernda as we have allready played them away $$$.

That leaves Wats, Stars, W'Sea & H'brige teams we can play away. :confused:[/quote]

Good to see you are thinking Mernda all the way Stud. On your calculations after round 13 Mernda would have had 7 home games and then your asking for 3 more for the last five rounds giving a total of 10 for the season. Don't worry about those other clubs that would only get 7 or 8 home games.

From a clouders perspective I think Macleod should get them all home seeing that we have not technically had a home game yet and certainly lost some revenue.

Be interesting to see what solution the NFL come up with. Whatever someone wont be happy

Good to see you are thinking Mernda all the way Stud. On your calculations after round 13 Mernda would have had 7 home games and then your asking for 3 more for the last five rounds giving a total of 10 for the season. Don't worry about those other clubs that would only get 7 or 8 home games.

From a clouders perspective I think Macleod should get them all home seeing that we have not technically had a home game yet and certainly lost some revenue.

Be interesting to see what solution the NFL come up with. Whatever someone wont be happy

You have missed the point, I would be happy to play only 2 more home games as long as we dont play the 3 away games against teams we have already played on their dung heaps. Home ground is a huge advantage, playing at D'creek or Lower for example.

You have missed the point, I would be happy to play only 2 more home games as long as we dont play the 3 away games against teams we have already played on their dung heaps. Home ground is a huge advantage, playing at D'creek or Lower for example.

Well in this case I guess you wont mind playing at Macleod. No advantage this year to the home side as the "SLOPE HAS GONE". Our first game on the new ground is expected to be against Panton hill in the last round (RD13) before the new draw. Looked at the ground yesterday looks like the "G" on Boxing Day. If its turns out half the ground as Elthams we"ll be very happy:)

Well in this case I guess you wont mind playing at Macleod. No advantage this year to the home side as the "SLOPE HAS GONE". Our first game on the new ground is expected to be against Panton hill in the last round (RD13) before the new draw. Looked at the ground yesterday looks like the "G" on Boxing Day. If its turns out half the ground as Elthams we"ll be very happy:)

That will be fine as long as we get the Bar, Canteen & gate takings as you guy's have allready got your's :D

I did'nt think so.
One thing for sure not everyone will be happy with the draw. maybe you & Diamo can play each other 5 time's ? As you know the rest of us are'nt worthy.;)

That will be fine as long as we get the Bar, Canteen & gate takings as you guy's have allready got your's :D

I did'nt think so.
One thing for sure not everyone will be happy with the draw. maybe you & Diamo can play each other 5 time's ? As you know the rest of us are'nt worthy.;)

Coming from someone who quoted as recently as last Saturday that
"the only team that can beat Macleod is Macleod themselves"

Any of the top 7 teams can win it on the day. I saw Lower Plenty
last week and they were certainly on their game against Fitzroy.

Macleod are yet to play Diamond Creek or Epping, teams that we have struggled against in the past, so I don't think any of the Macleod people
consider themselves shoe ins at this point of the season.

Still got 3 months of footy to go....

it means they are scared sh..less and have no real interest in fighting:D

I think Chopper meant to say that he knows someone who is a boxer and if you hit him too hard he will tell this bloke what you did.
That boxer would be Evan Murray.Toe to toe would kill anyone around but big Ev wouldnt go that far and would definately tell Chopper to go and fight his own battles.

This weeks tips

Diamond Creek - v - Whittlesea : 80+ points
Epping - v - Lower Plenty : 30 points
Hurstbridge - v - Reservoir : 40 points
Mernda - v - H'West : 200 points
Sth Morang - v - Watsonia 80 points
Panton Hill - v - Fitzroy 60 points
Parkside - v - Macleod 120 points

Could be lots of blow outs this week.

This weeks tips

Creek by 20 points
Epping by 18
H'bridge by 18
Mernda just :D
Wats by 42
Stars by 36
Macleod by 48

Originally Posted by Imastar
This weeks tips

Creek by 20 points
Epping by 18
H'bridge by 18
Mernda just :D
Wats by 42
Stars by 36
Macleod by 48

With all the #%@& that was thrown around on this link all week, let's look at today's matches:
1. The clear-cut premiership favourites in Diamond Creek should be far too good for a Whittlesea team that appears to be a lot poorer than last season. Creek should get the chocolates by some 30+ points.
2. Geez, Epping have been hard to predict all season while Lower Plenty are certainly running into some form. But Lower have always struggled on the big High Street oval and for that reason only I fancy Epping to sneak home by 4 points.
3. Two teams headed for Div.3, Hurstbridge and Reservoir, meet at the train terminus oval. The Bridges should get the points over a team who could be playing their last season by around 25 points.
4. A good opportunity for Mernda to pick up some much needed percentage when they host West Heidelberg. The mushroom boys to win by 150 points.
5. Watsonia need to keep winning and building up their percentage if they want to be part of Div.2 later this season and next. They get their chance against a dysfunctional South Morang. So providing they don't start fighting they should win by 60 points.
6. The Fitzroy All Stars are in urgent need of a win and get a chance against Panton Hill up at marijuana country. I seem to recall that they struggled against the Hillmen last season but should be able to get a much needed win by around 45 points.
7. Parkside are another side in desperate need of a win if they want to lift themselves out of the Div.3 mire but really don't look like nay match for Macleod. With Lynch back this round the Blue-n-Whites should register a huge win by close to 100 points.
Good luck everyone in today's winter weather.

2009 Division Two Seniors
Panton Hill 3.2 4.4 6.7 10.8 (68)
Fitzroy Stars 3.1 10.9 18.12 26.18 (174)

GOALS:
Panton Hill: Gill 3 Lyngcoln 2 Whitcher 2 Fry Strongman Power
Fitzroy Stars: Edwards 7 Hayes 6 Brown 3 Welsh 2 Hull 2 Proctor 2 Kanoa Austin Thorpe Mitchell

BEST:
Panton Hill: Whitcher Sykes Strongman Box Lyngcoln Strickland
Fitzroy Stars: Austin Rioli Burridge Norris Edwards Thorpe

Diamond Creek 0.2 1.4 7.8 10.13 (73)
Whittlesea 1.3 4.7 7.8 8.9 (57)

GOALS:
Diamond Creek: Constance 2 Phelan 2 Perryman 2 Simpson Jackson Grimes Donaldson
Whittlesea: Snowdon 2 Marks Dornauf Murray Page Ward Quinton

BEST:
Diamond Creek: Whitehouse-Summers Phelan Jackson Burrell Loader Donaldson
Whittlesea: Page Behan Snowdon Hennessy Ryan Jinnette

South Morang 1.2 7.9 9.10 14.10 (94)
Watsonia 3.7 5.7 13.10 19.13 (127)

Parkside 3.2 3.3 8.5 8.5 (53)
Macleod 5.1 10.7 11.8 18.14 (122)

GOALS:
Parkside: King 3 Mills 2 Wise Norton McCall
Macleod: Lynch 8 White 3 Woodhams 3 Ewart 2 Reimers Doherty

BEST:
Parkside: McCall Lekkas Gresham Gresham Egan Wise
Macleod: Lynch Woodhams Andrew Bennett White Corr

Hurstbridge 6.4 0.2 7.4 14.12 (96)
Reservoir 1.3 4.6 4.3 12.15 (87)

GOALS:
Hurstbridge: Roberts 4 Keenan 2 Callen 2 Lemire 2 Richards Mc Auliffe Jellie Atkins
Reservoir: Reiner 4 Defelice 3 Beaumont 2 Spicuglia Wallace Tupou

BEST:
Hurstbridge: Richards Mc Auliffe Pohl Carmody Baillie Keenan
Reservoir: Keyes Defelice Wallace Breeding Beaumont Reiner

Epping 7.5 12.7 16.10 17.11 (113)
Lower Plenty 0.3 5.8 8.8 13.15 (93)

GOALS:
Epping: Willitts 5 Moore 3 Garland 2 Stavely 2 Kefalas 2 Lewis Dunmore Little
Lower Plenty: Barden 4 McLaughlin 3 Canty 2 Knee Tsapatsaris Skelly Strickland

BEST:
Epping: Little Moore Stavely Garland Willitts Lewis
Lower Plenty: Knee Barden Mc Taggart Knee Mc Kenzie Barden

Mernda 8.4 6.4 4.6 26.17 (173)
Heidelberg West 2.0 1.0 1.1 5.1 (31)

GOALS:
Mernda: Stewart 10 Adams 4 Drakes 3 Shelton 2 Thorneycroft 2 Farrelly Doeven Curlis Rees Truong
Heidelberg West: Young 3 Kannegeisser 2

BEST:
Mernda: Vasilevski Stewart Adams Truong Shelton Rees
Heidelberg West: Zirpoli Mastroianni Sadler Tatulaschwili Contessa Young

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched Morang against Watsonia today and i must praise Morang on their effort today. Went down by 33 points in the end but it was only in the last 6 or so minutes when Wats booted 3 goals that sealed the game.Morang played with alot of heart and courage and there wasn't much between the 2 teams at all.Probably the difference was that Eccles kicked 7 and made the most of his chances while Scott Dowell had a shocker with the boot only kicking 3 from about 8 shots but he took some teriffic contested marks all day ,triple teamed on most occassions, just had one of those days with the boot.If Morang can carry the effort for the rest of the season then results will come and if Watsonia do stay in D2 then they will be the whipping boys forsure,pretty average team.

Parkside - v Macleod
Quite a baffling game to follow given that the umpiring was upto Under 10 standard. No less than 10 x 50 meter penalties had the crowd scratching it's head.

I've never seen these umpires before, so not sure if the NFL was trying something new, but "dumpy & lumpy" need a BIG pre-season at Jenny Craig.

For those that are interested, Macleod suffered it's worst victory of the year and that's enough said.

Looking forward to Diamond Creek this week on neutral territory up at North Heidelberg

no wonder no one likes the NFL umpires.

they're shit and they've got attitude.

quote from ump to player "your a **** sucker, in giving u nothing all day"

does he get a couple weeks off for that???

Merndas game also had below par umpiring again this week. One player on our team reported and sent off early in the 1st quarter, only to be told after the match, NO report. Go figure. Would have been interesting if it had been a close game.

Merndas game also had below par umpiring again this week. One player on our team reported and sent off early in the 1st quarter, only to be told after the match, NO report. Go figure. Would have been interesting if it had been a close game.

Are you to say that the player got a Red Card and sent off, not to return for the remainder of the game, only to be told that the report has been withdrawn ?????

I get the impression that the umpires don't like taking the time out
to attend a tribunal hearing.....

Parkside - v Macleod
Quite a baffling game to follow given that the umpiring was upto Under 10 standard. No less than 10 x 50 meter penalties had the crowd scratching it's head.

I've never seen these umpires before, so not sure if the NFL was trying something new, but "dumpy & lumpy" need a BIG pre-season at Jenny Craig.

For those that are interested, Macleod suffered it's worst victory of the year and that's enough said.

Looking forward to Diamond Creek this week on neutral territory up at North Heidelberg

I wasn't at the game but did any of these 50's result in goals for either side??? I've noticed a lot of goals from 50's this year.

You also state it was Macleod worst victory, did Parkside play out of their skins????

Are you to say that the player got a Red Card and sent off, not to return for the remainder of the game, only to be told that the report has been withdrawn ?????

I get the impression that the umpires don't like taking the time out
to attend a tribunal hearing.....

I don't know why you would complain about this. Obviously the umpire felt that spending the rest of the match off the ground was penalty enough in itself.

Had he/she lodged the report, your player may have found that not only did they the miss the remainder of this game but also a week or two others aswell.

I'm not sticking up for the umpires just pointing out the obvious.

The send off rule after report has been contentious for years, but it has helped to stop (in some case anyway) multiple thuggery.

I wasn't at the game but did any of these 50's result in goals for either side??? I've noticed a lot of goals from 50's this year.

You also state it was Macleod worst victory, did Parkside play out of their skins????

Of all the winning margins this year by Macleod, Parkside has got
the closest of any team - does that answer your question ?

Parkside was excellent and if they carry that form into next weeks game against Watsonia, then they can expect a good win.

been a while since ive been on here & i see the same crap about umps.
here is my solution,monday & wednesday evenings at parade college oval starting at 5.45 pm.

im pretty sure i wont see any keyboard heroes turn up.

whilst i wont make any excuses for individual games,free kicks are paid for what the ump sees (whether that be right or wrong).

i believe that even players make mistakes,swear,curse & are generally dispondent.

for the game to be a better spectacle perhaps we/you as supporters of your various clubs do just that,follow your club.

look at each contest as just that because yes even your direct opponent does have the opportunity to get the ball.

im happy to answer any concerns you have.

in conclusion i might ask all on here 1 question, when was the last time you read the rule book (if ever)?

been a while since ive been on here & i see the same crap about umps.
here is my solution,monday & wednesday evenings at parade college oval starting at 5.45 pm.

im pretty sure i wont see any keyboard heroes turn up.

whilst i wont make any excuses for individual games,free kicks are paid for what the ump sees (whether that be right or wrong).

i believe that even players make mistakes,swear,curse & are generally dispondent.

for the game to be a better spectacle perhaps we/you as supporters of your various clubs do just that,follow your club.

look at each contest as just that because yes even your direct opponent does have the opportunity to get the ball.

im happy to answer any concerns you have.

in conclusion i might ask all on here 1 question, when was the last time you read the rule book (if ever)?

Can you defend/explain this blower?

One of your colleagues called one of our players a ******** on Saturday, following it up with "you've been shit all day and i'm not going to give you anything".

Now if that had been a player to an umpire then i'm pretty sure a yellow/red card would have been issued and depending on the umpire, quite possibly a report!

This along with some very questionable goal umpiring decisions, including one shot for goal that hit the goal umpire on the full, who was standing on the goal line and it was given a point.

Would have to agree with other contributors re Parkside's effort on Saturday. It was excellent. They are are interesting club. To my knowledge they have no junior feeder club or under 19's anymore. They are based in an older type of area & if their crowd on Saturday is any indication get no local support. In addition, I understand they have a limited player payment budget. However, they give a good account most weeks other than the odd blow out.If any Parkside people are reading, I would be interested to know where you get your players from both now & in long term future?

Would have to agree with other contributors re Parkside's effort on Saturday. It was excellent. They are are interesting club. To my knowledge they have no junior feeder club or under 19's anymore. They are based in an older type of area & if their crowd on Saturday is any indication get no local support. In addition, I understand they have a limited player payment budget. However, they give a good account most weeks other than the odd blow out.If any Parkside people are reading, I would be interested to know where you get your players from both now & in long term future?

They are a very tight knit club.No superstars probably apart from Robby Wise who can be brilliant on his day.Coached the way they respond best to by Peter Dean.Does a very good job.Also brother in law to Peter Bugden from Whittlesea.Both have very good football brains but coach completely different because of their playing lists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back