Northern Football League Division 2 - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having seen Whittlesea 3 times this season, I would have to disagree with you. Evan Murray, although probably the most important player in their team, has a few mates within that side that are travelling pretty well.
Page is going quite nicely, Tolly ripped us apart in the 2nd quarter last week, the peroxide blonde tagger did his job.....

Knobhead doesn't know what he's talking about

Ah, watching the cricket, so I thought I'd log on here and send off my thoughts for Saturday's matches:
It should be a nice comfortable match for Epping as they host Watsonia, with the margin to be out around 45 points come final sirenm time.
Diamond Creek will be absolutely seething after last week's loss while Lower Plenty have been on fire lately. I expect Diamond Creek to put the fire out and win by around 30 points.
Another team not happy after last week is Macleod who are likely to show no mercy to Fitzroy All Stars and I can see this margin blowing out to close on 72 points.
Traditional rivals Whittlesea and Mernda meet for the Yan Yean Cup and we can expect plenty of banter on this forum next week no matter what the result. I think that Whittlesea will prevail, but only just by around 15 points.
Good luck to all teams .....

Wondering if any DC supporters can tell me how they are going for height this year?

Just moved to the area permanently for work, and will be pulling on the boots next year, after finishing up the season this year (A section amateurs).

Would prefer to play for the local side, but possibly Div 1.

Cheers.

Pykie you are most welcome to join Lalor

2009 Division Two Seniors
Macleod 9.3 16.10 20.15 25.19 (169)
Fitzroy Stars 3.2 6.5 10.7 13.7 (85)

GOALS:
Macleod: Ewart 13 Lovett 2 Reimers 2 White Nankervis Forester Bennett Melican Kelly Woodhams Lynch
Fitzroy Stars: Hayes 6 Turner 2 Edwards Brown Scott Rioli Mitchell

BEST:
Macleod: Ewart Woodhams White O'Brien Lundberg Crompton
Fitzroy Stars: Brown Rioli Brown Turner Mitchell Cooper

Epping 6.1 12.6 15.9 19.13 (127)
Watsonia 2.3 5.3 7.6 9.9 (63)

GOALS:
Epping: Willitts 8 Garland 2 Kefalas 2 Lewis Lever Lirosi Sheldrake Totino Sheldrake Moore
Watsonia: Paladino 3 Eccles 3 Tarrant Webb Darcy-Molloy

BEST:
Epping: Lirosi Willitts Moore Sheldrake Sheldrake Little
Watsonia: Paladino Richardson Barnett Hogg Tarrant Loney

Whittlesea 4.5 7.10 10.12 13.16 (94)
Mernda 2.4 3.7 8.12 11.13 (79)

GOALS:
Whittlesea: Nixon 4 Dornauf 2 Buhagiar 2 Page 2 Murray Burcul Snowdon
Mernda: Stewart 4 Drakes 4 Pow Doeven Thorneycroft

BEST:
Whittlesea: Page Behan Karafilis Snowdon Quinton Jinnette
Mernda: Doeven Drakes Thorneycroft Deayton Stewart Vasilevski

Lower Plenty 3.4 5.6 6.9 12.13 (85)
Diamond Creek 2.2 8.5 13.8 15.10 (100)

GOALS:
Lower Plenty: Leropoulos 3 McLaughlin 2 Payne 2 Lyons 2 Tsapatsaris Strickland Lendaro
Diamond Creek: Simpson 3 Cusack 2 Kinnane 2 Stephens 2 Donaldson 2 Moloney Vella Loader Burton

BEST:
Lower Plenty: Monger Brown Strickland Buller Payne Bandera
Diamond Creek: Taylor O'Connor Burton Cusack Whitehouse-Summers Donaldson

K.Cooper - you're made a dead set twit of yourself. The sooner Fitzroy move you onto the another club/league, the better your team will be for it.

Care to elaborate?
Belting blokes, gobbing off to the crowd, being dragged off by 6 of his own played at half time to try and calm him down and to prove to everyone just what sort of guy he is at the end of the game does not shake the hand of a single macleod player. Talking to 4 Fitzroy supporters at the end of the game it seems they are over his crap to, pity cause it looks like he can play footy if he pulled his head in.
Other than that it was a good day at the footy, the rest of the stars played a good game, tried hard but Macleod were determined to reverse the resault from our first meeting this year.
If the stars had good numbers (only 13 for the start of the reserves) and got a good pre season they would not drop off at the end of each season.

K.Cooper - you're made a dead set twit of yourself. The sooner Fitzroy move you onto the another club/league, the better your team will be for it.

Kane is a great bloke and a great clubman... Kane has been a big a big influence on my experience with the Stars. He has been involved in the club longer than i can remember through the Statewide carnivals and it is because of Kane that i am passionate about the Stars. Im 17 now but i began to do jobs for the Stars in the carnival when i was 8 or 9 and at the time i felt abit intimidated around all the senior players, but Kane took me in and showed me around, he made me feel apart of the team... Kane is also a great footballer and the club is much better with him in the team... His incident with Bennett was absolute crap, Kane and Andrew got close and probably exchanged a few words... Kane gets sent off 7 or 8 minutes left because Andrew Bennet is trying to win an Oscar or something, dropping to the ground and pretending as if Kane had hit him, very poor effort.

Macleod we're very good yesterday, and they should go on to win it from what i seen yesterday... But from recent results Whittlesea have hit the right part of the season with great form and looks like they could cause some tears once finals arrive.

Kane is a great bloke and a great clubman... Kane has been a big a big influence on my experience with the Stars. He has been involved in the club longer than i can remember through the Statewide carnivals and it is because of Kane that i am passionate about the Stars. Im 17 now but i began to do jobs for the Stars in the carnival when i was 8 or 9 and at the time i felt abit intimidated around all the senior players, but Kane took me in and showed me around, he made me feel apart of the team... Kane is also a great footballer and the club is much better with him in the team... His incident with Bennett was absolute crap, Kane and Andrew got close and probably exchanged a few words... Kane gets sent off 7 or 8 minutes left because Andrew Bennet is trying to win an Oscar or something, dropping to the ground and pretending as if Kane had hit him, very poor effort.

Macleod we're very good yesterday, and they should go on to win it from what i seen yesterday... But from recent results Whittlesea have hit the right part of the season with great form and looks like they could cause some tears once finals arrive.

was a good game yesterday. macleod were out to win and win well after being knocked off by the stars earlier in the year, and the stars were just playing good hard footy like they always do. it made for good watching even tho macleod won by 80 points.
Now onto cooper. no doubt the bloke is a tool. good player and good around the club im sure but yesterday he made a fool of himself and i believe he disgraced his club with his on feild behaviour. the way he was acting was not tough just made him look like a w***er. i have never seen someone be so sucked in by the crowd. he is a true tossa.
prob thinks he is tough cose his team mates had to take him off the ground at half time and had to have the runner take him to the bench in the last when he was sent off. your not tough mate. your just a tossa!
a bennett has to start standing up for himself insted of trying to milk free kicks. stand up for urself andy or else people like cooper will continue to hit u and hit u behind play. just get up!

I scratch my head ewart dominates the goals in this league but was an absolute spud at east keilor.....is there a difference in leagues????

wouldnt say a spud mate? did you ever even see him play at east keilor? they never gave him the opotunity to kick goals and play well there. was also injuried towards the end of his time there. and at the start of his time at macleod. but he has put all his doubters back into there place now.
its funny how players always come out and prove everyone wrong once they get match fit and have a bunch of teammates willing to give u the pill and they start enjoying there footy playing with there mates.
also the quality off ball comming into macleod forward line is heads and shoulders above east keilors.
if u think he was a spud at keilor then you are a moreon. just no opotunity. he is prob playing in a stronger comp now to IMO. good players always play much better footy with good players around them.

was a good game yesterday. macleod were out to win and win well after being knocked off by the stars earlier in the year, and the stars were just playing good hard footy like they always do. it made for good watching even tho macleod won by 80 points.
Now onto cooper. no doubt the bloke is a tool. good player and good around the club im sure but yesterday he made a fool of himself and i believe he disgraced his club with his on feild behaviour. the way he was acting was not tough just made him look like a w***er. i have never seen someone be so sucked in by the crowd. he is a true tossa.
prob thinks he is tough cose his team mates had to take him off the ground at half time and had to have the runner take him to the bench in the last when he was sent off. your not tough mate. your just a tossa!
a bennett has to start standing up for himself insted of trying to milk free kicks. stand up for urself andy or else people like cooper will continue to hit u and hit u behind play. just get up!

Kane Cooper hasn't changed since his junior days playing with Alphington. He was doing the same stuff then and intimidating the younger players. Although he did have a bit of trouble with a door up at the Diamond Creek changerooms if I recall correctly. Maybe some of the Diamond Creek followers can expand. But yes, the NFL will be the better for his departure if the Fitzroy All Stars want to advance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kane Cooper hasn't changed since his junior days playing with Alphington. He was doing the same stuff then and intimidating the younger players. Although he did have a bit of trouble with a door up at the Diamond Creek changerooms if I recall correctly. Maybe some of the Diamond Creek followers can expand. But yes, the NFL will be the better for his departure if the Fitzroy All Stars want to advance.

i doubt they will. they put him into their best. even tho he played one of the worst games u will see. when he did get the ball he turned it over almost everytime. and acting like a absolute goose all day!

Coop's is a man that carries the utmost respect for our club:thumbsu:, and displays a lot of passion, when he crosses that white line, the balance between what he brings in leadership qualities on the field and behind the scenes easily outweighs for the Stars that’s proven for us, ‘to what you have seen’, his demeanour with the crowd is raw passion that Coop’s like to fuel off, when his “fully fit” he is able to do a lot of damage, I know when were down his aggressions at the ball is highly looked upon and makes those around him lift, let’s just say yesterday your 19th players got one up! His a bloke opposition crowds/players love to hate, it’s what footballs all about. Maybe if he was fully fit he should off thrown in a Mark Jackson donkey kick if he could of:D

N.F.L Division 2 Mark Of The Year

On Saturday in the Whittlesea vs Mernda game, I believe we witnessed the Mark of the year. The player was No 6 from Mernda Luke Drakes. It was during the 3rd quarter at the clubrooms end of the ground. I was lucky enough to be video taping the game and captured the mark. I have uploaded it to YouTube for you all to see and give your opinions. You will find the link to it on the Whittlesea Football Clubs Web Site at www.whittleseafc.com.au. I have uploaded it at normal speed and in slow motion. If you have seen a better mark than this one and have it on video, we would all like to compare.
Cheers
Steve Crocker

Re: N.F.L Division 2 Mark Of The Year

On Saturday in the Whittlesea vs Mernda game, I believe we witnessed the Mark of the year. The player was No 6 from Mernda Luke Drakes. It was during the 3rd quarter at the clubrooms end of the ground. I was lucky enough to be video taping the game and captured the mark. I have uploaded it to YouTube for you all to see and give your opinions. You will find the link to it on the Whittlesea Football Clubs Web Site at www.whittleseafc.com.au. I have uploaded it at normal speed and in slow motion. If you have seen a better mark than this one and have it on video, we would all like to compare.
Cheers
Steve Crocker

Thanks for that Steve, thats Superdrakes for ya. The prick is going to make it on Almost Footy Legends twice in the one season...

As always it was a great match at North Yan Yean. Unfortunately whittlesea just hung on for the win. Hopefully we get another crack at them this year. Divvy 2 is shaping up awesome.

Kane Cooper is held in high esteem at Fitzroy hey ? Anyone who taunts the crowd with a gun to the head is a wannabe ganstger (adding to that, giving the female supporters the Michael Jackson crutch grab, well that's that just full of class hey )

And to think that after his taunting of the crowd, making a dick of himself, being dragged away by his team mates, the half time siren went and Cooper himself gives a motivating speech to the other players. I wonder if anything sensible came from his gob ?

Yep - he's the heart soul of your club. Sucked in is all I can say.

Anyway, that's your season done & dusted. 2 games out a a truck load of percentage. I betcha only 10 blokes turn up for training and your reserves will definately forfiet a game by years end.

Kane Cooper is held in high esteem at Fitzroy hey ? Anyone who taunts the crowd with a gun to the head is a wannabe ganstger (adding to that, giving the female supporters the Michael Jackson crutch grab, well that's that just full of class hey )

And to think that after his taunting of the crowd, making a dick of himself, being dragged away by his team mates, the half time siren went and Cooper himself gives a motivating speech to the other players. I wonder if anything sensible came from his gob ?

Anyway, that's your season done & dusted. 2 games out a a truck load of percentage. I betcha only 10 blokes turn up for training and your reserves will definately forfiet a game by years end.

I never said he is held in high esteem from the club, i said we're a better team with him. I think he's a great bloke and a great footballer. You had 40 supporters on the sidelines with cans in their hands doing the exact same thing as Kane was and looked quite silly from where i was. Very easy to criticise when your on the other side of the fence.

Thanks for that Steve, thats Superdrakes for ya. The prick is going to make it on Almost Footy Legends twice in the one season...

As always it was a great match at North Yan Yean. Unfortunately whittlesea just hung on for the win. Hopefully we get another crack at them this year. Divvy 2 is shaping up awesome.

Thanks LLmoose, Thanks also for allowing the cup to come back home, it didn't even get time to gather any dust.

It was a great game on the weekend, it doesn't matter where both teams are on the ladder, it is always a terrific contest when we play South Whittlesea.

If all goes to plan, we hope to meet again in the Semi's, Also great game in the two's and congrats on a great win.

Looks very much as though Mernda and Epping round 18 for 4th spot. Mernda will also need to beat Lower next week.

Can't see Whittlesea losing to Wats, Lwr. Stars.

Moose, maybe the peahearts will rest a few and lay down next week against Epping just to upset you and keep it interesting.

Champ your already talking like you've won the final with your last para! you can be exposed to having a bit of egg on your face at the end of the season and what are you thinking coming up with underbelly and talking about plastic gangsters?

I never said he is held in high esteem from the club, i said we're a better team with him. I think he's a great bloke and a great footballer. You had 40 supporters on the sidelines with cans in their hands doing the exact same thing as Kane was and looked quite silly from where i was. Very easy to criticise when your on the other side of the fence.

Who looked silly ? I think you've forgotten a few things :

1 ) Who got sent off ? Cooper
2 ) Who had to be restrained by his teammates ? Cooper
3 ) Who carried on like a gangster ? Cooper
4 ) Who punched the locker doors at half time ? Cooper
5 ) Who didn't shake an opponents hand after the game ? Cooper

And you think the Macleod supporters with diet cokes in their hands looked silly ???

Who looked silly ? I think you've forgotten a few things :

1 ) Who got sent off ? Cooper
2 ) Who had to be restrained by his teammates ? Cooper
3 ) Who carried on like a gangster ? Cooper
4 ) Who punched the locker doors at half time ? Cooper
5 ) Who didn't shake an opponents hand after the game ? Cooper

And you think the Macleod supporters with diet cokes in their hands looked silly ???

well goose with a name like underbelly who is a wannabe gangster after the game a player sent off cant come back on the field dill and no i never punched the locker doors so if you got something to say mate organise with clem skinner a good friend of mine and long time macloed supporter so we can meet where ever you want to talk about anything you like buddy your probably 1 of the pretenders behind the fence sucking f a r t s not many wanted to have a crack or had to much to say at halftime or when i got dressed and walked 1 out threw your crowd football is a mans game and i play on the edge i dont care about what happens on the field to me playing football is like going to war and as for half time i tried to get some feeling into my teammates as our intencity was lacking and after half time we did come out harder at the ball and played probably our best quarter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back