Northern Football League Division 2 - Part V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunday 25/04/10 Anzac Day

Mernda v Epping @ Mernda in what will be a real cracker of a game in the true Anzac sprit.
Both teams need to win, it's all over for 2010 for the looser !
Get your ass down there.
Go Pingers:thumbsu:

You will have more chance of pumping up the tyres on your car than trying to pump up this game, have you forgotten already that Whittlesea has brought Mernda & Epping back to earth with a thud. After watching both teams play Whittlesea in Rounds 1 & 2, I don't think either side can win. :rolleyes: one thing is for sure, I wont be wasting my time I would rather watch the grass grow.

You will have more chance of pumping up the tyres on your car than trying to pump up this game, have you forgotten already that Whittlesea has brought Mernda & Epping back to earth with a thud. After watching both teams play Whittlesea in Rounds 1 & 2, I don't think either side can win. :rolleyes: one thing is for sure, I wont be wasting my time I would rather watch the grass grow.

You should'nt advertise the fact that your growing Grass. the Cops will come knocking :D

As a snitch, It's my duty to inform you Epping did have a few outs, and it is only round 3. But snitching from the ditch has taught me that you will struggle to match Whittlesea's height:skill ratio.
Good on thomo for breaking their losing streak

As a snitch, It's my duty to inform you Epping did have a few outs, and it is only round 3. But snitching from the ditch has taught me that you will struggle to match Whittlesea's height:skill ratio.
Good on thomo for breaking their losing streak
So early in the season, many teams have had their outs, but Epping did have 2 of their best mids, there FB and CHB and there FF all out of action, plus about 2 more. Will be a lot closer next time they meet.

Creek easy
Lower at home
W'sea easy
Epping easy

Okay, here goes for this week:
Diamond Creek over Watsonia - its a no-brainer, but then do the Saints have any?
Lower Plenty in a very close tussle with Thomastown.
Whittlesea to extend Fitzroy All Stars horro start to the season.
Epping to take out Mernda in a last man standing affair.

Good luck to all teams and lets all remember all those men and women who lost their lives helping to make this country so great.

Not a very nice day at the Showgrounds today.
Seems the Magoo's Coach has had enough and has pulled the pin.
Then we started like a train kicking the first 4 goals then ran out off steam, and finish 40 odd points down.
Then after the game we stepped back into the 80's for good old fashion spray from the Coach. Not happy is a huge understatement.
The boys have been put on notice, ALL except one MUST be at Port Melb at 10am or they will NEVER play footy for him again. :eek:

From my veiw of the game four things that beat us today, were Numbers 19, 20 & 33 just to tall for us and our disposal by FOOT again let us down.

All is not lost just work on the kicking and things will get better.
PS : hope they can swim :D

Hmmm heard a person from the pingers on sun on his mobile things seem to be not well at epping????

Diamond Creek 6.8 13.12 23.16 31.21 (207)
Watsonia 0.0 1.1 1.2 1.2 (8)

GOALS:
Diamond Creek: Vella 5 Loader 5 Stephens 5 Gutterson 3 Peart 3 Burton 3 O'Connor 2 Buchanan 2 Constance Jackson Owen
Watsonia: Joules

BEST:
Diamond Creek: Smith Loader Stephens Cusack Jackson Vella
Watsonia: Ryan Abbott Piraina Passey Legassick McCluskey

Lower Plenty 7.2 13.5 21.10 26.12 (168)
Thomastown 4.0 5.2 9.5 13.10 (88)

GOALS:
Lower Plenty: Gill 6 Flynn 3 Barden 2 Knee 2 Brown 2 Neill 2 Monger 2 Strickland 2 O'Donnell Buller Leropoulos Geary Perry
Thomastown: Rachrache 3 Nicolo 2 Whittingslow 2 Abela Wall Ishkan Folino Briggs Abela

BEST:
Lower Plenty: Flynn Knee Neill Gill Craig Strickland
Thomastown: Horman Whittingslow Wall Schwabl Nicolo Rachrache

Whittlesea 4.3 8.10 12.14 20.21 (141)
Fitzroy Stars 2.2 5.4 7.5 8.6 (54)

GOALS:
Whittlesea: Page 4 Fairchild 3 Behan 2 Hobbs 2 Robertson 2 Murray 2 Dorsett 2 Dyson Buhagiar Volpe

BEST:
Whittlesea: Hobbs Dorsett Dyson Fairchild Szikla Toll

A very good win to Epping today by 19 points, even more so with the loss of our best player in Daniel Moore before the game.
Epping were down at half time, but were to strong in the second half.

12.13-85 Mernda
Selected Team
2:10 PM
Sun 25/Apr

Mernda (Map) def. by 16.8-104 Epping
Selected Team
MerndaGoal Kickers: M. Rees 4, D. Sage, A. Burns, H. Lamaro, K. Douglas, J. Stewart, B. Anderson, D. Saddington, L. Thorneycroft
Best Players: M. Rees, D. Saddington, K. Douglas, A. Oliver, R. Williams, J. Abbatangelo

EppingGoal Kickers: M. Garland 5, M. Polley 3, D. Little 2, B. Hay, L. Adams, R. Byrne, L. Lirosi, K. Lewicki, A. Willitts
Best Players: M. Polley, M. Garland, B. Hollow, B. Keating, L. Adams, J. Mc Kenzie

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I cant believe how quiet the Div 2 thread is now that all the peanuts from Macleod have left. Great reading on the Div 1 thread though, Macleod are pumping themselves up again just like they did for the past 4 years here.

:footy: Predictions for round 4 :footy:

Epping to defeat Lower Plenty in an upset by 9 points
Thomastown to cream Watsonia by 100+ points
Mernda to defeat Fitzroy Stars in another close one by 11 points
Diamond Creek to defeat Whittlesea by 5 points in the match of the round.

Agree, it has been very quiet.

Rd 4

Lower over Epping in what should be the start of an intense rivalry with a number of blokes from Lower following Supa to Epping

Thomastown easily over Watsonia

Stars with a few new names to beat Mernda

Whittlesea over Creek in what will definately be the match of the round

Hi All, I received this email from the Northern Football League, Thought it may interest all you BigFooty fans.

"If you would like to receive a complimentary SMS with the results and ladder every Saturday for the rest of the season just call the respective Division Number from your mobile. You can unsubscribe anytime by calling the same number again".

Div 1 - 03 8506 9751
Div 2 - 03 8506 9752
Div 3 - 03 8506 9753

Agree, it has been very quiet.

Rd 4

Lower over Epping in what should be the start of an intense rivalry with a number of blokes from Lower following Supa to Epping

Thomastown easily over Watsonia

Stars with a few new names to beat Mernda

Whittlesea over Creek in what will definately be the match of the round

Well, another interesting round coming up:
Epping vs Lower Plenty - Lower haven't beaten Epping in years, especially at High street.
Fitzroy All Stars vs Mernda - Mernda to get their first win of the season.
Thomastown vs Watsonia - This weeks no-brainer game. Will Watsonia score a goal this week ?
Whittlesea vs Diamond Creek - Should be a cracker of a game but the home side too talented.

Epping had a very hard game today v Lower, both team were hard at the ball all day.
Lower came home with a strong wind (what's new at High st) but the Epping boy threw themself at the ball at all cost and won by 14 points.:thumbsu:

2010 Division Two Seniors
Whittlesea 1.4 5.8 9.10 12.13 (85)
Diamond Creek 1.3 1.3 3.2 7.6 (48)

GOALS:
Whittlesea: Deards 3 Page 2 Fairchild 2 Behan Hobbs Dornauf Heenan Volpe
Diamond Creek: Constance 2 Owen 2 Jackson Vella Stephens

BEST:
Whittlesea: Toll Snowdon Heenan Deards Mc Auliffe Dyson
Diamond Creek: Jackson O'Connor Loader Moloney Cusack Burrell

Fitzroy Stars 3.4 6.4 10.9 12.13 (85)
Mernda 1.4 4.8 7.14 13.16 (94)

GOALS:
Fitzroy Stars: Brown 4 Mitchell 3 Luttrell Edwards Kanoa Proctor Nordhausen
Mernda: Aquilina 3 Rees 3 Ferraro 2 Stewart 2 Abbatangelo Thorneycroft Wuelfert

BEST:
Fitzroy Stars: Proctor Mitchell Nordhausen Young Brown Hayes
Mernda: Oliver D'Avoine Thorneycroft Aquilina Anderson Delaney

Thomastown . . . .
Watsonia . . . .

Epping 2.6 4.7 9.11 11.11 (77)
Lower Plenty 0.2 6.6 7.8 9.9 (63)

GOALS:
Epping: Byrne 2 Keating 2 Adams Henwood Loorham Garland Willitts Stavely Lewicki
Lower Plenty: Gill 4 Brown 2 Monger 2 Craig

BEST:
Epping: Lirosi Hollow Stavely Polley Moore Keating
Lower Plenty: Flynn Mc Taggart Craig Gill Leropoulos Strongman

2010 Division Three Seniors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back