Northern Football League Division 2 - Part V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the 2nd Semi has come and gone, what was it that the BUG had up his sleeve? Did he pull a rabbit from a hat? Maybe a hare from his arse?
What was the Trick?
playing injured players in finals is always risky..congrats whittlesea on making the g/f lets just hope its not
too windy:D:D:D

playing injured players in finals is always risky..congrats whittlesea on making the g/f lets just hope its not
too windy:D:D:D

Out of the 22 who played, who do you think played that was injured, they had the weeks rest and looked in pretty good nick if you ask me. Ran out of steam in the last 20 minutes which made the scores look better than they were. At one stage trhey led by 47 points.

For some clubs I'd say Stars BnF would be Proctor or Haynes. Watsy should be "Choppa" Ryan or Calcutt. monger for lower. the rest ive got no clue

Win or go home this Sunday.

A Grade.
Prelim Final: Lower Plenty vs Diamond Creek

B Grade.
Prelim Final: Lower Plenty vs Mernda

C Grade.

Win or go home this Sunday.

A Grade.
Prelim Final: Lower Plenty vs Diamond Creek

B Grade.

C Grade.

Chet Wynd, I think you will find Lower will take out the trifecta on Sunday, they will have regrouped during the week & will power home.

Seniors.
Preliminary Final: Lower Plenty vs Diamond Creek. The Bears look to regroup after last week's disappointing effort while the Demons have been confidently waiting for their turn. The Bears have a reasonable spread of fire power up forward but it tends to be hit or miss while the Demons rely mainly on Simpson and Constance as their major forwards. If the key Bears defenders can contain these two then a win could be coming their way. The knock on the Bears is their ability to perform on the bigger grounds and the Eltham ground is a reasonable size one which is more suited to the demons style of play. They have split their meetings this season, although the Demons won both of last years and lead the head-to-head 7-to-3. This should be a close match with the Demons getting the nod for a grand final berth by 7 points.

Reserves.
Preliminary Final: Lower Plenty vs Mernda

Under 19s.
Preliminary Final: Lower Plenty vs Mernda

At Eltham Central today 3 good games of footy.
Lower U 19's held off adetermined Mernda in a sometimes spiteful game.
Lower Reserves despite hitting the front with a couple of minutes to go ended up losing.
Lower Seniors after dominating for 90% of the game managed to get over the line by a solitary point. In what was agreat game of footy only marred by some mystifying free kicks in the last quarter the better team on the day won.
Special mention to the Eltham crew who put on a great day and whose ground stood up magnificently.

Were you there KA?

Had a listen to Diamo's coach at quarter time y'day, gave his blokes an absolute spray, especially #10, kelly I think. How can you bust your ass and put in after being belittled so badly after that leaves me pondering. Every second word was the "f" bomb. They were 19 points down at that stage.Good to see 'em go down by the narrowest of margins. The Whitcoft/Marshall/ Donaldson coaching panel at its finest.lol. Next weeks grand final vs Mernda in the reserves should be a cracker.

Had a listen to Diamo's coach at quarter time y'day, gave his blokes an absolute spray, especially #10, kelly I think. How can you bust your ass and put in after being belittled so badly after that leaves me pondering. Every second word was the "f" bomb. They were 19 points down at that stage.Good to see 'em go down by the narrowest of margins. The Whitcoft/Marshall/ Donaldson coaching panel at its finest.lol. Next weeks grand final vs Mernda in the reserves should be a cracker.

led to believe that the coach resigned immediatly after the game.criticism from within about the timing.

great game yesty well done lower.diamo cant offer up any excuses

I reckon Whitty's done a great job. 19s & Reserves into the Grand Final, Seniors missed out by 1 point. Obviously just had enough of dealing with all the other crap.

I reckon Whitty's done a great job. 19s & Reserves into the Grand Final, Seniors missed out by 1 point. Obviously just had enough of dealing with all the other crap.
spot on....hard to criticise the bloke over a 1 point loss, whittlesea,lower should be a cracker but i think whittlesea will learn from last year and seal the deal..

I'll be overseas from tomorrow so good luck to both teams on the weekend.

I think Whittlesea will win in a close one, however, I hope Harmsey can finally get that elusive premiership. I think it's nought from 4 or 5 if my memory serves me correct.

Good luck to the victor in Division 1 next season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

with the Granny to be decided it's that time of the year
the award for "THE BIGGEST FLOG OF 2010"
early nomination goes to the green tooth sloth from Epping
Shane "never played the game" Adams
was seen in a Mernda crowd mouthing off at a Mernda player telling him to come over to the fence after that player ( a mate of the Moose) give reference to MOOSE'S girth all in jest but it seems those apron strings have not been cut or they all still sleep with the light on?
Poor form but expected from a total FLOG

Any more Nominations

Does anyone have a record of the actual quarter-by-quarter scores for the Second Semi (Whittlesea vs Lower Plenty) and the Prelim Final (Lower Plenty vs Diamond Creek). They are not available on the NFL website. Thanks.

At Eltham Central today 3 good games of footy.
Lower U 19's held off adetermined Mernda in a sometimes spiteful game.
Lower Reserves despite hitting the front with a couple of minutes to go ended up losing.
Lower Seniors after dominating for 90% of the game managed to get over the line by a solitary point. In what was agreat game of footy only marred by some mystifying free kicks in the last quarter the better team on the day won.
Special mention to the Eltham crew who put on a great day and whose ground stood up magnificently.

Were you there KA?

I wouldn’t quite say 90% of the game. DC must have been good in the other 10% to only go down by 1 point if that was the case. Theres no doubt that Lower dominated the 1st Q and should have been further in front but didn’t make the most of their good play, but after that it was pretty even and I could even say DC was slightly the better team but it was there turn to not take their chances as shown by the scoring shots. DC knew they could run over the top of Lower at ¾ Q time and they very nearly did as a tired and sore lower held on. Creek got level twice but just couldn’t hit the front. Well played Lower and good luck next week. I don’t think Whit would have been disappointed with it going down to the wire and would have been rapt with extra time.

few upsets in line this weekend! Lower to upset whittlesea by 2 goals, mernda to win the reserves by 2-4 goals and diamo to take home the 19s trophy! anyone kno what the conditions are meant to be like on the day? could play a role in all the games! whose the tips for the best on ground across all 3 levels?

Conditions 16 and clearing with maybe a shower....hopefully not windy like last year otherwise we'll have another flog for 2010 - The Bug, if he chooses against the wind again! I think whitt will get up, they're just to good. I don't think it would matter whom coached them, just the cattle they have at the moment. What's happened to Declan Skehan? I heard the bug stitched him up?

Whittlesea are the Premiers. Give them the trophy now !
No one will get within 10 goals of them this finals campaign
What's happened since this quote? Sounds like you're sitting on the fence Jason, not something you normally do, are you going soft in your old age? Let's just hope the umps don't influence the outcome of the game like they did in the Prelim.
Declan has been very busy with work, so has been, on occasions unable to train etc. To suggest The Bug has stitched him up is crap, he has the utmost respect for Dekkers.

What's happened since this quote? Sounds like you're sitting on the fence Jason, not something you normally do, are you going soft in your old age? Let's just hope the umps don't influence the outcome of the game like they did in the Prelim.
Declan has been very busy with work, so has been, on occasions unable to train etc. To suggest The Bug has stitched him up is crap, he has the utmost respect for Dekkers.
ok you half whitt im jason not belly, and im with the belly whitt to do it easy. although i wish the best for harmsey and his side, he deserves a premiership........

busy at work, mate everyone talks in the NFL and we both know that's not the truth. Apparently it didn't matter how well he played in the 2's, he was never a look in for the 1's. He's a work horse, a bloody fit one,and on past performance's at Preston he is definately in the best 22 at whitt. Wasn't he BOG last grandfinal???? I'd much prefer him when the going gets tough, rather than Volpe....where does he go during the hard games...oh sorry, his best mate (The Bug) carry's him or rests him - actually how many posi's get he get against lower last game??? And Troy Jannett, sounds like The Bug's picking his mates or ex-south morang blokes. Was that the promise The Bug made to get them to whitt???
Anyway, it should be a great game on Saturday, really looking forward to the intensity a final brings. I still think the whitt will come out victors! I'm interested to see whom they line up against Evan Murray? and Mathew Quintan? The only reason I think lower would be in with a chance if they hit whitt hard, physically.
Can the Mernda 2's win? I reckon they can with a little hard work and a little luck!

busy at work, mate everyone talks in the NFL and we both know that's not the truth. Apparently it didn't matter how well he played in the 2's, he was never a look in for the 1's. He's a work horse, a bloody fit one,and on past performance's at Preston he is definately in the best 22 at whitt. Wasn't he BOG last grandfinal???? I'd much prefer him when the going gets tough, rather than Volpe....where does he go during the hard games...oh sorry, his best mate (The Bug) carry's him or rests him - actually how many posi's get he get against lower last game??? And Troy Jannett, sounds like The Bug's picking his mates or ex-south morang blokes. Was that the promise The Bug made to get them to whitt???
Anyway, it should be a great game on Saturday, really looking forward to the intensity a final brings. I still think the whitt will come out victors! I'm interested to see whom they line up against Evan Murray? and Mathew Quintan? The only reason I think lower would be in with a chance if they hit whitt hard, physically.
Can the Mernda 2's win? I reckon they can with a little hard work and a little luck!
Cruiser, from Mernda and a Collingwood supporter; and I thought Einstein was dead! Ask Aqua or Mark Jerram if any promises were made to Sth Morang players. I've only missed one Eagles game this year V Mernda early round, Volpe has been a great contributor all year as has Troy Jinnette.
I think The Bug and his player's are firmly focussed on Saturday's Game and go in quietly confident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back