Northern Football League Division 2 - Part V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
struggling club in a good league. needed to splash out and try win some games. somethin that hasnt happened for 3 seasons. those players come ith the coach brad sinlclair

Brad fuller wont contribute too much to winning games - slash out on someone else would be my advice

what r the preditions this year will the eagles go 1 further and play
in div 1. or will it b the creekers or pinngers. or could the thomo bears
go back up?

the 1's will win 4 games for the season and the 2's will run out of players by round 6 and forfit games after that. last year they nearly forfited reserves games due to lack of players in the back half of the season, looking at the clearences they have lost players and not picked up anyone, add that to a few retirements and it is looking poor for the 2's side. unless they pick up more government money they will fold withing 4 years. IMO

Have picked up quite a few good players, we havnt listed any clearances yet. And the clearances leaving the club, dont think any of them were division 1 players, and cant think of any retirements either. I think this year we will field our strongest side since joining the NFL but with that said this is also going to be the toughest season with no easy games.

I was told the game was meant to be played at Sullivan reserve but they're unsure whether the ground will be suitable for use, i think they're still looking for a better option.

As much as having the praccy match is great the playing surface has to be playable, this late into pre season noone wants to do ankles and miss weeks and miss the start of the season
hope a suitable ground will be found
thanks for the info f/star.

Mernda had a inter club hit-out last night, due to Euroa FC not being able to attend. Not a bad workout for the boys, some stand outs from last years rezzies really showed some improvements and will be key senior players this season.

How are things at Mernda going ?

after 2 praccy games you can already see the improvement in both resrves and senior players, the new coaching staff and president have come this year with good goals and the club is going in a professional manner, have picked up some very handy recruits thus far, however Joel Moore formerly of Diamond Creek went down in the first praccy match and will miss the season with a knee reconsruction. Other than that its looking promising with all new recruits looking good in there first runs at the club and the usual players all running around looking like they have improved, several young players who played majority of the season in reserves or under 19s last year look to have had a big pre-season and will be key contributors to the 1s this year. Its been an exciting brand of football to watch the team play however they just have to concentrate on efficient disposal and will be contenders this year. Praccy match saturday week at Mernda against Banyule.

after 2 praccy games you can already see the improvement in both resrves and senior players, the new coaching staff and president have come this year with good goals and the club is going in a professional manner, have picked up some very handy recruits thus far, however Joel Moore formerly of Diamond Creek went down in the first praccy match and will miss the season with a knee reconsruction. Other than that its looking promising with all new recruits looking good in there first runs at the club and the usual players all running around looking like they have improved, several young players who played majority of the season in reserves or under 19s last year look to have had a big pre-season and will be key contributors to the 1s this year. Its been an exciting brand of football to watch the team play however they just have to concentrate on efficient disposal and will be contenders this year. Praccy match saturday week at Mernda against Banyule.

thanks sounds good :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hey r there any good praccy games on this weekend worth having a look at:)

whittlesea played mont yesterday in their first praccy, mont won by 7 points but their were some very good signs for the eagles with plenty of young talent coming through definately looking forward to round 1....

Heard the Bug thought outside the box again Saturday.

Every player 1 quarter on Bench,midfield, forward and back.

Not sure how that would benefit the team but the Bug does work in weird and wonderful ways.

Not sure how that would benefit the team but the Bug does work in weird and wonderful ways.

It was a PRACTICE MATCH, and it was 29 degrees, who cares what he does, whatever he did, they looked good against a Divistion 1 side and the Eagles still had half a dozen players who didn't play.

There attack at the Footy and the opposition was fantastic.... GO EAGLES :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

How's Your Brilliant Footy Career Progressing ????

Hence Wonderful in my statement! My career?? Wouldn't call it a career! Not having a crack just first time since under 10's have I heard of this.

Ventured out to the Showgrounds on Saturday :footy:, I must say the ground was in a magnificent condition :thumbsu:. One thing I did notice that was strange, a certain Mernda coach was recording the Bugs address to his players during the breaks :thumbsdown:. Who do Mernda play in Round 1 :confused:. Must also say that the Eagles did look good and had every opportunity to actually win the game from some inaccurate kicking from one of their top recruits. :eek:

Ventured out to the Showgrounds on Saturday :footy:, I must say the ground was in a magnificent condition :thumbsu:. One thing I did notice that was strange, a certain Mernda coach was recording the Bugs address to his players during the breaks :thumbsdown:. Who do Mernda play in Round 1 :confused:. Must also say that the Eagles did look good and had every opportunity to actually win the game from some inaccurate kicking from one of their top recruits. :eek:

All teams are looking at each other this time of the year.
I believe Thomo called in for a look at Torquay v Epping on Saturday.
By the way Epping had a great game and came home with a 2 point win.:)

It was a PRACTICE MATCH, and it was 29 degrees, who cares what he does, whatever he did, they looked good against a Divistion 1 side and the Eagles still had half a dozen players who didn't play.

There attack at the Footy and the opposition was fantastic.... GO EAGLES :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:
lol,if your not pete himself you must be his wife or boyfriend...
if this is pete just remember its div 2 local footy, your not coaching afl so throw you silly ideas away and let your side have fun and play the game. you have the talent there so let them do the work and stop over coaching....... just some friendly advice;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back