Not Giving In and Never Tear Us Apart (songs)

Remove this Banner Ad

I love Not Giving In. NTUA continues to be cringe worthy though. A lame gimmick for a club that shouldn't need one. Just ugh.
Nah. I love NTUA. They keep trying to TUA but in spite of that this year we have THREE Port Adelaide football Club teams playing finals and I am stoked :)

Just don't tell us to stand up and sing with our scarves. Let it happen, we know what we're doing. Would love to see just the crowd only in the last ten seconds too
If we reallu want to sing it organically we could at half time or once the game was in the bag.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember the days when the crowd would hear the guitar riff and a massive cheer would rise around the stadium as everyone simultaneously stood out of their seats. You don't get that when the host is saying 'get ready for the NTUA guys!!'. It's the anticipation of the song itself that adds just that little bit extra. Seeing everyone anxiously holding their scarves in excitement, ready to stand tall and cheer the moment their hear that riff go off.

And PLEASE ban anyone who moves during the song. I can accept a very subtle sway, just from the arms above, but then you get those oldies who rock their whole damn body like its a bloody concert - no!! It's meant to be intimidating. It's meant to be fortifying. It's our stand-tall anthem that reinforces the closeness of the Port Adelaide family - it's not a bloody jingle!!

And PLEASE ban anyone who moves during the song. I can accept a very subtle sway, just from the arms above, but then you get those oldies who rock their whole damn body like its a bloody concert - no!! It's meant to be intimidating. It's meant to be fortifying. It's our stand-tall anthem that reinforces the closeness of the Port Adelaide family - it's not a bloody jingle!!

The rendition at the 2014 EF was easily the best I've been apart of and it was followed by an awesome energy/noise that more or less continued unabated for the next 30 minutes.

If you asked the Richmond players if they felt intimidated by it they'd be lying if they said no. Don't get me wrong our guys were on like Donkey Kong that day but I 100% believe that it was one of those times where the crowd had a genuine influence on the contest.

A little off topic, but what is the deal with the drums at the start of the third quarter? I find it strange and a little unnecessary.
Not off-topic IMO. One of the contrived things I'd like to see go. Like the march, something I've never understood continuing past the AO opening.

Strip the 'game day experience' back to the bare bones. Keep the two songs and obviously the Auskick kids but most importantly dump the Nova bloke.

And the crowd interest in the sprint on the eastern boundary is?? Few even know it's on as with the kick in the barrels thing. Surely the PAFC is not that desperate for sponsors whoever they may be for those non events.

Never seen the march and reckon Powerstuff is on the money - a great once off.

The atmosphere at games last couple of years has been pretty poor. Plenty of our crowds at Footy Park with 25,000 people were louder.

Adelaide Oval is a very open ground so a lot of the noise probably does escape I think.

I am another that hates the drums. Anything where the atmosphere is tried to be artificially created never works. Like with NTUA just start playing it and we know what to do. No need to tell us to put our bloody scarves up.

... Anything where the atmosphere is tried to be artificially created never works ....
I went to a few of the 36ers games early on and loved the sport but hated the atmosphere. Artificial attempts over the p.a. to get cheering going. Hooting, music etc. Completely unable to naturally cheer during the game. Stopped going.

Last edited:
The atmosphere at games last couple of years has been pretty poor. Plenty of our crowds at Footy Park with 25,000 people were louder.

Adelaide Oval is a very open ground so a lot of the noise probably does escape I think.

I am another that hates the drums. Anything where the atmosphere is tried to be artificially created never works. Like with NTUA just start playing it and we know what to do. No need to tell us to put our bloody scarves up.
I said that... careful REH will tear you apart.

Remove this Banner Ad

Not Giving In and Never Tear Us Apart (songs)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back