Not Worth A Thread - Random Bulldog Discussion - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

This cricket World Cup reminds me of 2016.

The less-fancied team (1st v 7th; no losses v 2 losses)
Some amazing performances leading into the final (Afghanistan and GWS)
Some outstanding individuals in the finals (Head and Boyd)

And now the recriminations and accusations and excuses! Including a photoshopped image of Head not catching Rohit cleanly, along with demands for best of three games, or even a replay, to say nothing of the free kicks! 🤣

Not sure if this is the correct thread.

Netball Australia and players have finally agreed on a CPA. Kelly Ryan, CEO of Netball Australia, worked at the Western Bulldogs as head of marketing.

That's interesting. She's made a meal of her role at NA, got current players, past players and seemingly potential sponsors offside (players union saying they would have played with Rinehart's company logos, but NA scuppered the deal, not them).

That's interesting. She's made a meal of her role at NA, got current players, past players and seemingly potential sponsors offside (players union saying they would have played with Rinehart's company logos, but NA scuppered the deal, not them).
I know one particular player was pretty outspoken against it. I understand Players Union represents all players, but it did see like everyone was on different pages through all that. Until Victoria coughed up the 15 million out of thin air to be the white knight.

I know one particular player was pretty outspoken against it. I understand Players Union represents all players, but it did see like everyone was on different pages through all that. Until Victoria coughed up the 15 million out of thin air to be the white knight.
Netball Australia was very tardy in putting their business case forward to the federal government and it was very underwhelming and has cost themselves $17 million.

This cricket World Cup reminds me of 2016.

The less-fancied team (1st v 7th; no losses v 2 losses)
Some amazing performances leading into the final (Afghanistan and GWS)
Some outstanding individuals in the finals (Head and Boyd)

And now the recriminations and accusations and excuses! Including a photoshopped image of Head not catching Rohit cleanly, along with demands for best of three games, or even a replay, to say nothing of the free kicks! 🤣
However 2 series between Cups against 63

2024 our 100th year in the league. And the hundredth anniversary of becoming the Champions of Victoria! A title that should have much more significance, at least at our club. We were the best in the VFA but we’re continually held out of the VFL because we were too far away from the inner circle of clubs, at the hard to get to Western Oval, yet Geelong we’re in but we’re extremely powerful.
Hope the club acknowledges the 1924 triumph, which was a VFA premiership and a title no other club can ever lay hold of.

... but we’re continually held out of the VFL because we were too far away from the inner circle of clubs, at the hard to get to Western Oval, yet G....
Essendon lobbied hard to keep Footscray and North Melbourne, particularly North, out because it recruited heavily from those 2 suburbs. It was in favour of Prahran coming in instead of North.

2024 our 100th year in the league. And the hundredth anniversary of becoming the Champions of Victoria! A title that should have much more significance, at least at our club. We were the best in the VFA but we’re continually held out of the VFL because we were too far away from the inner circle of clubs, at the hard to get to Western Oval, yet Geelong we’re in but we’re extremely powerful.
Hope the club acknowledges the 1924 triumph, which was a VFA premiership and a title no other club can ever lay hold of.
Our fixture against the Dons would be good - rub it in some more

I was going to say, missed opportunity with the fixture. To not play the first team we ever played, in round one. Purely because we would have heard it by now, and the silence over the fact that it is our 100th year in the VFL/AFL.

Then I checked the fixture back then, and saw the first two teams we play, no longer exist. Fitzroy and South Melbourne. Would have loved to have played our round one opponent back then, this year if they still existed.

I was going to say, missed opportunity with the fixture. To not play the first team we ever played, in round one. Purely because we would have heard it by now, and the silence over the fact that it is our 100th year in the VFL/AFL.

Then I checked the fixture back then, and saw the first two teams we play, no longer exist. Fitzroy and South Melbourne. Would have loved to have played our round one opponent back then, this year if they still existed.
Sobering, isn't it C

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am super impressed with how quickly Ameet replied to my email I sent the other day. He replied within the hour when I made a suggestion regarding some doing something for 60 year plus members, in the form of on-off invite into the rooms pre/post match or an invite to a president's lunch or dinner. He thanked me for the dedication and said he would discuss my suggestion with his team and get back to me.

I am super impressed with how quickly Ameet replied to my email I sent the other day. He replied within the hour when I made a suggestion regarding some doing something for 60 year plus members, in the form of on-off invite into the rooms pre/post match or an invite to a president's lunch or dinner. He thanked me for the dedication and said he would discuss my suggestion with his team and get back to me.
Sadly he never replied to my suggestion of firing Bevo after our WCE loss last year.

That looks like a brush off, typical....Club Secretary. Try him out on reduced fees for 50 year plus members a la MCC, you can expect a very stoney silence.

That looks like a brush off, typical....Club Secretary. Try him out on reduced fees for 50 year plus members a la MCC, you can expect a very stoney silence.

We do get a discount if you want to become social club member to get a guaranteed grand final ticket over 50 years is free normally cost over $100.

We do get a discount if you want to become social club member to get a guaranteed grand final ticket over 50 years is free normally cost over $100.

I think you're both technically correct. As a 50+ member since last year, I'm now having my second year of having membership waived. It's a fairly insignificant discount though, for 50 years of membership, a fair portion of that social club, reserved seats and all the other expenses, donations - especially to FightBack in 89, etc.

And paying for multiple full memberships right through COVID with barely a thanks, let alone some token piece of mass-produced Chinese-made trinket to at least appear to care.

Anyway...

I think you're both technically correct. As a 50+ member since last year, I'm now having my second year of having membership waived. It's a fairly insignificant discount though, for 50 years of membership, a fair portion of that social club, reserved seats and all the other expenses, donations - especially to FightBack in 89, etc.

And paying for multiple full memberships right through COVID with barely a thanks, let alone some token piece of mass-produced Chinese-made trinket to at least appear to care.

Anyway...
That's interesting, I'm revising my opinion, upwards, of Club Secretaries. Go easy on your sino skepticism, though, winnie's having a bad week. ;)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back